Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Credits are effectively worthless now so why not let us Player to Player trade?

Credits are effectively worthless now so why not let us Player to Player trade?

With all the hyper inflation the galaxy has enjoyed with robigo, sothis, quince, skimmer missions, multi million credit passenger missions, hyperinflationary community gola rewards, massacre missions, mission stacking, money in game no longer makes sense, and for those that want it they just go and gold farm for themselves at the current exploit site.

So in that context if money is totally busted why not let us player to player trade with more than just cargo transfers? Why can we not exchange modified ships, modules, materials, our services to each other?

I am genuinely asking the question to get your feedback not whining "Why can't I click I-Win button for a paypal transaction and 3t of iSlaves" - I'm looking forward to hearing the arguaments for and against a player to player enabled market place, and thank you all in advance for the inputs.

I will PayPal you $100 real dollars for top grade engineered modules........

That is the issue to be avoided at all costs

Flimley

Money, meh. Gold sellers already exist anyway.

Materials. No.
    Modules. No.
    Ships. No.

All due to massive influx of gold farmers.

Sending money could be managed so gold selling is impractical.

Not sure about player to player but i would like to sell between the commanders i own, i have two accounts which means i'm fleet admiral (in my mind) and should be able allocate the resources i own between them

Originally Posted by Jayridium View Post (Source)
    With all the hyper inflation the galaxy has enjoyed with robigo, sothis, quince, skimmer missions, multi million credit passenger missions, hyperinflationary community gola rewards, massacre missions, mission stacking, money in game no longer makes sense, and for those that want it they just go and gold farm for themselves at the current exploit site.

So in that context if money is totally busted why not let us player to player trade with more than just cargo transfers? Why can we not exchange modified ships, modules, materials, our services to each other?

I am genuinely asking the question to get your feedback not whining "Why can't I click I-Win button for a paypal transaction and 3t of iSlaves" - I'm looking forward to hearing the arguaments for and against a player to player enabled market place, and thank you all in advance for the inputs.

As Long as there is no Transfer possible between Players, the so-called Inflation is only taking place in your own account, and if you used those easy credit missions you can only fault yourself for being in that situation. Poeple starting to Play value credits much higher than you do. Not only will it bait hive of Gold sellers, but it will also spoil the game to those noobs. That's why there should be no Player Transfer. The only way to do it ATM is tedious cargo Transfer. And that's already enough for some Gold sellers.

You assume everybody does those exploits.. can't say that I ever have though maybe I should as I just don't have the time for the endless amount of soul-crushing grinding this game seems to demand.

Originally Posted by Flimley View Post (Source)
    I will PayPal you $100 real dollars for top grade engineered modules........

That is the issue to be avoided at all costs

Flimley
    i'm pretty ambivalent on this topic to be honest, but I am a little curious about the above. If everyone has upgrades that they spent many hours grinding for, is that significantly better than having upgrades they paid for? It's not as if anyone is earning combat upgrades through combat, either way.

Would having a Player <-> Market <-> Player market help? i.e. you can sell items to a station, which don't just disappear into the ether but are listed for sale. But the seller has no control over who buys them. Would make out-of-game cash transfers far more tricky/risky!

i only have 360mil cash in my account and loosing a conda is always a big hit.

i didn't take part in most of the cash cows of lately (mostly because i'm lazy and late to the party).

so no inflation in on my account, maybe make a poll about how many players have advanced to "money ain't a problem anymore", i believe that's below 20%.

but don't take that as argument against money-trading. that would be useful. i still owe someone 1mil and we are in different timezones. i don't see the downsides, pve, you know.

Whenever I see one of these threads I can't help thinking it's inspired by the desire to make money from playing a game rather than by any sincere desire to enhance the game.

I find it strange how, once people start to suggest things that would prevent real currency transactions, the topic always dies a death.

Perhaps players or player groups could specialize in specific engineering areas, for example a group that produced FSD mods would essentially become a drive tuning company that could sell/barter the modified equipment at one or more stations.

How the transaction would be accomplished I'd leave to FD, however I don't have an issue if someone has the ingame cash to pay for a 50+% FSD or if they've got a 40+% thermal shield to barter with, I do think that this kind of player involvement would add an interesting layer of gameplay perhaps leading to player owned companies at some point.

OP hit delete save, n start again. cr wont be worthless!
    how to kill a game. player to player trading.

It's really not worth the development time just to open a can of worms.

I will pay $80 USD for an A rated unengineered 'Vette.

No - I won't grind rank.

PM when you can make it happen.

Originally Posted by Jayridium View Post (Source)

Would you care to give an example of this hyper inflation you claim?

What prices have increase by this huge amount you seem to think has happened?

You assume everyone has taken part in the cash grabs... What about us explorer's who have been away from the bubble for months upon months?

What about those CMDR's who play for only a short while each week and are happy to make money from the missions and play at their own pace?

I have nothing against player to player transfer but based on these assumptions I see no real reason for it in the game now or any time soon.

Originally Posted by Stealthie View Post (Source)
    Whenever I see one of these threads I can't help thinking it's inspired by the desire to make money from playing a game rather than by any sincere desire to enhance the game.

I find it strange how, once people start to suggest things that would prevent real currency transactions, the topic always dies a death.
    This one will die as well, eventually. But I understand your suspicion.

I'd add to my previous post that, although trading is a facette of Elite, this game ain't a economy-Simulation. As brought Forward in many threads, there are enormous inconsistencies within the economy that have been implemented for the purpose of the game and for the game's Balance. But These things basically render impossible any viable economy-PVP, as they can be exploited in incredibly effective ways.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast