Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone use rudder pedals in their HOTAS setup?

Anyone use rudder pedals in their HOTAS setup?

For a little bit more than the price of t16000m stick and throttle delivered from an Australian shop, I can get the Thrustmaster Flight Pack delivered from Newegg. Thoughts? Experiences with rudders pedals? I'm thinking about buying myself a birthday present...

Originally Posted by Mot View Post (Source)
    For a little bit more than the price of t16000m stick and throttle delivered from an Australian shop, I can get the Thrustmaster Flight Pack delivered from Newegg. Thoughts? Experiences with rudders pedals? I'm thinking about buying myself a birthday present...
    I use pedals - purely for pulling up or dimissing left and right panels. Probably not the best use of them, but works for me

I use the Thrustmaster t.flight rudder pedals and they are awesome for playing Elite.
    I have combined the two pedals to a single axis, so i can use them as one analogue axis for horizontal translation thrusters and SRV steering, when using the turret. The center axis is for yaw, as i use a Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, which lacks yaw on the stick for increased precision of the other 2 axis. The pedals really give you a lot of precise control. I would recommend getting some pedals for sure!

Someone mentioned lateral thrust on F'book as well. I didn't even think of that for some reason, which is funny considering how good and obvious an idea it is.

Wouldn't fly without pedals, left/right toe brakes for lateral thrust, rudder for yaw.

I do

I have two of those sticks and a set of racing pedals. I used the pedals for forward and backwards thrust.

I can't believe how much I enjoy flying with this setup. Completely non-standard but great fun!

^Sorta like a controller...

^Sorta like a controller...
    Yeah! Didn't think of that.

BUT

A controller with twist, hat and triggers on each analogues. I love it and perfect for how I fly.

There's no going back after having proper rudder pedals.
    They are even more crucial than thrusters in combat, and I probably wouldn't be using fixed beams on the corvette without them.

I wouldn't use racing pedals for rudder control any more than I would use my g29 wheel instead of my stick and throttle.
    Or my hotas for playing project cars.

Originally Posted by 777Driver View Post (Source)
    Wouldn't fly without pedals, left/right toe brakes for lateral thrust, rudder for yaw.
    Ditto - but I use the toe breaks for vertical thrust.

Originally Posted by CylonSurfer View Post (Source)
    Ditto - but I use the toe breaks for vertical thrust.
    Ditto - but I use the toe breaks for boost and momentary reverse.

So I'm gonna go put money in the bank tomorrow and do the dirty. The added functionality is a must I see. Cheers for the input CMDRs!

Originally Posted by GJ51 View Post (Source)
    Ditto - but I use the toe breaks for boost and momentary reverse.
    Same, but rudder for lateral thrust, and toe brakes for forward and reverse thrust. Also as forward / reverse for SRV with assist off. Drives like a car almost. I only wish you could assign forward thrust and reverse thrust to separate axes. It's frustrating to have such smooth srv control, yet ship thrust is always 100%.

Originally Posted by TorTorden View Post (Source)
    I wouldn't use racing pedals for rudder control any more than I would use my g29 wheel instead of my stick and throttle.
    Or my hotas for playing project cars.
    I'm a little slow and was wondering what the difference between proper rudder pedals and racing rudder pedals were, but a synapse finally fired off I guess you are talking about clutch, brake, and accelerator? Yeah, I guess it's possible. I use digital buttons for steering my SRV in turret mode, but it's not ideal - and neither is the twist stick.

I wish I could use rudder pedals, but I think I'm just to big and fat right now and I'd probably break them, but I'm losing weight quickly. I can't even think of playing BOS/M/K w/o pedals. But when I lose the weight, I'm going to look for a nice set of heavy duty, wide stance pedals (because I'm still big guy), like my old aluminum frame Thrustmaster pedals I had back in the 90's. Then I can lose the twist stick and get a proper joystick. And hopefully by then ED will have really recaptured my interest.

Originally Posted by Cliché View Post (Source)
    I wish I could use rudder pedals, but I think I'm just to big and fat right now and I'd probably break them, but I'm losing weight quickly.
    Well, you don't stand on them you just rest your feet on them, your weight really shouldn't matter.

I recently replaced my Saitek Pro pedals with MFG Crosswinds. They don't come cheap, but boy are they worth it!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast