Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newsletter #192

Newsletter #192

All the latest Elite Dangerous news

NEWSLETTER #192

Welcome to the Elite Dangerous Newsletter, the place to find all the latest from the Elite Dangerous galaxy.

This week we announced 2.4 The Return is launching on Tuesday 26 September, alongside a chilling cinematic short. This new update will put commanders face to face with the Thargoids. We are also featuring some creations from our talented commanders and new community goals for the week.

As always, you can hear the latest news and updates directly from the development team on our Forums, Twitter, Facebook, Community Homepage, and right here in the newsletter every week, and we're always eager to hear your feedback.

On the Horizon
    All the latest for Elite Dangerous: Horizons

THE RETURN

The Thargoids are making their long-awaited return on Tuesday 26 September.

Earlier in the year, we saw how the Thargoids attacked a Capital Ship in the Maia System. Now, watch our new cinematic short and see how humanity fares against this legendary force. Here at FDev, we can’t wait to see you engage in the most terrifying encounters the Elite Dangerous galaxy has seen to date.

We’ll have more to reveal about the Thargoids and The Return at Frontier Expo 2017, taking place in London on 7 October.

ELITE DANGEROUS: PREMONITION PAPERBACK

The Elite Dangerous: Premonition paperback is now available to order. The story crafted by you and thousands of other Elite Dangerous Commanders. See how your actions in-game affected Salomé and her story.

Three great superpowers manoeuvre against each other. But are their destinies their own, or are they merely the puppets of some greater power?

This newest story in the series is available to order on Amazon.

LIVESTREAM LOWDOWN
    Catch up with videos from the community team

THARGOID LORE + 2.4 NEWS

This week, Ed was joined on the livestream by Lead Designer Sandro Sammarco. They caught up on what’s been announced for 2.4 so far, answered a few questions from the chat and talked about the official lore of the Thargoids. Viewers were treated to our new cinematic short for 2.4 at the end of the stream.

STORE SPOTLIGHT
    The latest goods and the best deals from the Frontier Store

NEW SUIT PACKS

Whether you're feeling the need for speed or are driven by a thirst for glory be sure not to miss out on these brand new flight suit packs.

The Contender and Challenger packs are available now on the Frontier Store as well as the digital stores for Xbox and PS4.

POWERPLAY NOTICE

As you may know, in 2.4 there will be some new changes to pilots federation bounties and rebuys which Sandro has been discussing on the forums.

As Powerplay features consensual, player-versus-player interactions, this will provide exemption from Pilot’s Federation bounties and the ship rebuy penalty when entering into legitimate Powerplay PVP combat when 2.4 arrives. To ensure a smooth transition, we are going to un-pledge any Commander that has not participated in Powerplay on or around the launch of 2.4.

Any Commander with zero merits at this time will be un-pledged. If you wish to remain pledged, all you have to do is earn a single merit by this date.

This is a one-time effect; you are free to pledge again if you are un-pledged.

Community Central
    The best from the community, all in one place

THE DEAD END'S CIRCUMNAVIGATION EXPEDITION

On Saturday 14 October, 3303 at 16:00 UTC, the Dead End's Circumnavigation Expedition will be setting off on a grand journey around the galactic rim in what promises to be an epic adventure.

There's still plenty of time to find out more and register to be part of the expedition on the forums.

We wish all taking part a safe and pleasant journey, and wish them a triumphant return. o7

Galnet Focus
    All the news from across the Galaxy

FEDERAL CAPITAL SHIP DESTROYED BY THARGOIDS

The Federation has confirmed that Thargoid Interceptor-class vessels have attacked a Federal convoy, resulting in the loss of a Farragut-class Battlecruiser and a number of other vessels. Chief of Federal Security Admiral Aden Tanner confirmed that the Thargoids have officially been declared an enemy of the Federation.

THE BATTLE FOR HO HSI

Conflict has erupted in the Ho Hsi system between Ho Hsi Jet Comms Limited and the Freedom Party of Ho Hsi. Both sides have issued calls for aid, appealing to independent combat pilots for support. Commanders who participate in the conflict will be generously rewarded by their chosen faction.

CHAPTERHOUSE CAMPAIGN CONCLUDES

A spokesperson for the Kamadhenu Chapterhouse of Inquisition has announced that its plan to establish a series of starports between Colonia and the core systems has received the wholehearted support of the galactic community. Construction of the first starport is almost complete, work on the second is well underway and construction of the third will begin soon.

Community Goals
    The latest missions for you to take on

THE BATTLE FOR HO HSI

Hand Ring, Ho Hsi

Recent reports indicate that conflict has erupted in the Ho Hsi system between Ho Hsi Jet Comms Limited and the Freedom Party of Ho Hsi. System security forces were caught off guard by the violence, which began without warning and has escalated rapidly since then.

Both sides have issued calls for aid, appealing to independent combat pilots for support. Commanders who participate in the conflict will be generously rewarded by their chosen faction.

THE BATTLE FOR HO HSI – FEDERATION

Hand Ring, Ho Hsi

Earn rewards by handing in Combat Bonds at Hand Ring in the Ho Hsi system.

THE BATTLE FOR HO HSI – EMPIRE
    Hand Ring, Ho Hsi

Earn rewards by handing in Combat Bonds at Hand Ring in the Ho Hsi system.

Comms Chatter
    A round up of this week's community content

1/200 SCALE DBX

CMDR scel_ has added the Diamondback Explorer to his impressive collection of vessels. Each model is 3D printed with a hand-painted finish.  

View the Flickr gallery

EXPEDITIONS IN ELITE DANGEROUS: A VISUAL HISTORY

Commanders Qohen Leth, Corbin Moran and Aura Lorell have created a galaxy exploration poster, ready to download and print in A1 size over at our forums. This tribute visualizes all public long-range excursions, sorted by starting date.

Please head over to the forums to show your support, as they are considering working on a Galactic Mapping Project soon.

See you in the black, Commanders

The Frontier Developments Team

Frontier

Copyright © 2017 Frontier Developments plc. All rights reserved.

Frontier Developments plc, 306 Science Park, Milton Road, Cambridge, England,  CB4 0WG, UK

Thanks for the newsletter. By the way, nice suits

Hey FD! Any chance of a high res version of the on the horizon image? I can see that being a great desktop wallpaper!

Originally Posted by Malek View Post (Source)
    Hey FD! Any chance of a high res version of the on the horizon image? I can see that being a great desktop wallpaper!
    This is the best you can find I think :

Originally Posted by Malek View Post (Source)
    +1. Make it so FD! On reddit Paige mentioned that she would try and make one available. And to be clear when we talk about hi-res, we mean high i.e. 1080 vertical minimum and preferably a lot more, 3440x1440 would be perfect but I'm being selfish now

Always a pleasure to receive the newsletter. I like the galaxy exploration poster

Originally Posted by Nithingale View Post (Source)
    This is the best you can find I think :
    https://forums-cdn.frontier.co.uk/im...URN_2.4_HD.png
    Nice. Thanks for the share

Why would you unpledge people? It takes 4 weeks to get the weapons...

"See how your actions in-game affected Salomé and her story."
    Will reading the book somehow alter past events? Because that's the only way that the above statement could be true.

Originally Posted by Crash1099 View Post (Source)
    Why would you unpledge people? It takes 4 weeks to get the weapons...
    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...-Pledge-Notice

We hope you’re all excited for 2.4 The Return on September 26, I’m sure you’ve all seen the recent cinematic short video from last night’s livestream. I hope you are all as excited and terrified as I am for the update!

As you may know, in 2.4 there will be some new changes to pilots federation bounties and rebuys which Sandro has been discussing on the forums.

As Powerplay features consensual, player-versus-player interactions, this will provide exemption from Pilot’s Federation bounties and the ship rebuy penalty when entering into legitimate Powerplay PVP combat when 2.4 arrives. To ensure a smooth transition, we are going to un-pledge any Commander that has not participated in Powerplay on or around the launch of 2.4.

Any Commander with zero merits at this time will be un-pledged. If you wish to remain pledged, all you have to do is earn a single merit by this date.

This is a one-time effect; you are free to pledge again if you are un-pledged.

there is a newsletter out?

is there a newsletter today Devs ?

The Thargoids ate it

EDIT: just arrived in my email.

Originally Posted by Rubbernuke View Post (Source)

Yes me too

Originally Posted by Rubbernuke View Post (Source)
    The Thargoids ate it

Still haven't got mine.

Edit: Aaaand it arrived literally mere moments ago as of this edit. I miss the times when I could come back from work on Fridays and the newsletter is already there. It's become rather unrealiable in the recent weeks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast