Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 27 of 27

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: BRC Road Rally Racing, Season 1: Oct-Dec 3303

  1. #16
    fliver: CMDR <-lightspeed-> (superflyguy)
    nav: my compass
    Aldiss Terminal - Pegasi Sector IR-W d1-90
    We come in pieces (Scarab SRV)
    29 sept 3303 19:23:30

    somebody has to go first and it's the only chance i'll get to be top of the leaderboard
    intent to try and locate base dwelling Thargoids!
    CMDR <-lightspeed-> Expert | ELITE | ELITE but mostly Buckyball Racer
    ship ID : BRC<->

    <-lightspeed-> Explorer Tours
    The HIP Hopper }{ Distant Worlds }{ Colonia/Jaques


  2. #17
    Originally Posted by superflyguy View Post (Source)
    fliver: CMDR <-lightspeed-> (superflyguy)
    nav: my compass
    Aldiss Terminal - Pegasi Sector IR-W d1-90
    We come in pieces (Scarab SRV)
    29 sept 3303 19:23:30

    somebody has to go first and it's the only chance i'll get to be top of the leaderboard
    intent to try and locate base dwelling Thargoids!

    (startline co-ords 29.3/86.1 haven't seen them mentioned anywhere)
    Er...um...Race doesn't start til Oct 1st.

    Also, ::facepalm:: why didn't I record startline coordinates!? Maybe I thought they wouldn't be accurate enough? I don't know. Maybe I need to go get coordinates.

    But the general rule is that the startline should be obvious in the geometry, usually either the seam between ground and road, or between ramp and platform, etc.

  3. #18
    Originally Posted by Jhyrryl View Post (Source)
    Er...um...Race doesn't start til Oct 1st..
    details, details.

    and you didn't use the coords because you're sensible and read stuff! i wasn't anywhere near precise enough anyway. 29.3750/86.1651

    can you tell i'm eager?

    well, i'll get me coat and go and watch season 2 of the Expanse. that's definitely started!
    CMDR <-lightspeed-> Expert | ELITE | ELITE but mostly Buckyball Racer
    ship ID : BRC<->

    <-lightspeed-> Explorer Tours
    The HIP Hopper }{ Distant Worlds }{ Colonia/Jaques


  4. #19
    Originally Posted by superflyguy View Post (Source)
    details, details.

    and you didn't use the coords because you're sensible and read stuff! i wasn't anywhere near precise enough anyway. 29.3750/86.1651

    can you tell i'm eager?

    well, i'll get me coat and go and watch season 2 of the Expanse. that's definitely started!
    Or go get ready for Raiko's race starting in a few hours. It includes a re-run of Wasat for SRV fun.
    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...-October-3303)

  5. #20
    Originally Posted by superflyguy View Post (Source)
    details, details.

    and you didn't use the coords because you're sensible and read stuff! i wasn't anywhere near precise enough anyway. 29.3750/86.1651

    can you tell i'm eager?

    well, i'll get me coat and go and watch season 2 of the Expanse. that's definitely started!
    If you haven't yet, it's definitely worth watching. Possibly the best space series since Firefly.

    Also Persepolis Rising is coming out in a month!!!

    Also, I'm totally looking forward to some Rally Racing after the Racing Festival is over.

  6. #21
    ok, i'll trythios again.

    fliver: CMDR <-lightspeed-> (superflyguy)
    nav: my compass & map
    Aldiss Terminal - Pegasi Sector IR-W d1-90
    We come in pieces (Scarab SRV)
    19 Oct 3303 20:29:00

    somebody has to go first and it's the only chance i'll get to be top of the leaderboard
    intent to try and locate base dwelling Thargoids!



    @Bruski really enjoying Expanse2 but strictly rationing it as I got really annoyed with myself when i burn through the last season of Narcos. i'll check out P.R if it's on in UK
    CMDR <-lightspeed-> Expert | ELITE | ELITE but mostly Buckyball Racer
    ship ID : BRC<->

    <-lightspeed-> Explorer Tours
    The HIP Hopper }{ Distant Worlds }{ Colonia/Jaques


  7. #22
    wow that was pretty intense. nailed my practice run and then took a wrong turn in the twiddly bit on the left side of the map. didn't cost too much time but annoying none the less.

    i'll submit my time when i have taken the beauty shots.

    packing a bag for Ceres Tarn. it sounds lovely
    CMDR <-lightspeed-> Expert | ELITE | ELITE but mostly Buckyball Racer
    ship ID : BRC<->

    <-lightspeed-> Explorer Tours
    The HIP Hopper }{ Distant Worlds }{ Colonia/Jaques


  8. #23
    Originally Posted by superflyguy View Post (Source)
    wow that was pretty intense. nailed my practice run and then took a wrong turn in the twiddly bit on the left side of the map. didn't cost too much time but annoying none the less.

    i'll submit my time when i have taken the beauty shots.

    packing a bag for Ceres Tarn. it sounds lovely
    Say hi to the Thargoids there!

  9. #24
    run submitted.

    when entering start & finish times there is no 'seconds' option, felt a bit strange. possibly more important, there is no field for video submission.

    it's here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WL_kH9fqyK0
    CMDR <-lightspeed-> Expert | ELITE | ELITE but mostly Buckyball Racer
    ship ID : BRC<->

    <-lightspeed-> Explorer Tours
    The HIP Hopper }{ Distant Worlds }{ Colonia/Jaques


  10. #25
    Originally Posted by superflyguy View Post (Source)
    run submitted.

    when entering start & finish times there is no 'seconds' option, felt a bit strange. possibly more important, there is no field for video submission.

    it's here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WL_kH9fqyK0
    Thanks for finding that...how embarrassing.

    I have fixed the form issues and you're good to go. I've thought about your unconventional start, am cool with it, and so have calculated your time to be 17:29.

    The rules state that your run starts when your vehicle is in motion. CMDR <-lightspeed-> choose to position himself well behind the start line and get up to speed in order to take advantage of the ramp and jump. I've decided this is fine and since this is the very first run submitted in the very first season, will be amending the rules to state that the run starts when you actually cross the start line.

  11. #26
    Originally Posted by Jhyrryl View Post (Source)
    .... your unconventional start.....
    always looking for an edge .



    i said 'an edge', not 'the edge'
    CMDR <-lightspeed-> Expert | ELITE | ELITE but mostly Buckyball Racer
    ship ID : BRC<->

    <-lightspeed-> Explorer Tours
    The HIP Hopper }{ Distant Worlds }{ Colonia/Jaques


  12. #27
    Intent to Race

    Driver: CMDR Bruski
    nav: my trusty second monitor
    Course Name: Weber Legacy - Ross 905
    The Self-Preservation Society (SRV)
    October 21, 20:03:00

    Request possible SRV name change later, don't have the brainpower or time to think right now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12