Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: BRC Road Rally Racing, Season 1: Oct-Dec 3303

While testing CMDR Brabston, Timmy's collision issue, I noticed something that apparently had eluded me all this time: SRVs are 4-wheel drive. steering!

Quick question after watching some of the videos ... is marking out the course very carefully with tyre tracks before running it for real by following your own tracks a viable navigation tactic?

Originally Posted by Alec Turner View Post (Source)
    Quick question after watching some of the videos ... is marking out the course very carefully with tyre tracks before running it for real by following your own tracks a viable navigation tactic?
    That's exactly what I assumed I'd have to do, because those courses are crazy complicated!

Originally Posted by Alec Turner View Post (Source)
    Originally Posted by SushiCW View Post (Source)
    That's exactly what I assumed I'd have to do, because those courses are crazy complicated!
    It is a viable tactic, but don't forget that it's totally in the spirit of the competition to help each other out as eyes-in-the-sky navigators.

The OP has been updated with a new map for Aldiss Terminal. I'd encourage everyone who is participating in these events to create bug reports for broken geometry encountered while racing.

Leaderboard has been updated with CMDR Brabston, Timmy's run at Jordan Market.

INTENT TO RACE
    Driver: CMDR Brabston, Timmy
    Nav: NA
    Course: Aldiss Terminal - Pegasi Sector IR-W D1-90
    SRV: Big Soda
    26 Oct 3303 5:00:00

These tracks are fun

Second race submitted! Gotta take a break, my arms are tired. Aldiss Terminal is hell on ice.

Video: https://youtu.be/KUFwt-DrDew

Leaderboard Update

Leaderboard has been update with CMDR Brabston, Timmy's Aldiss Terminal run. Additionally, further review of CMDR <-lightspeed->'s Aldriss run shows complications associated with the discovered broken geometry. To account for that without forcing a rerun of the course, I've granted the CMDR a 1-minute time reduction for the run.

Intent to race:

Cmdr Samwell Drakhyr
    Jordan Market, Ross 33
    Whirling Dervish (Scarab SRV)
    31 Oct 3303, 07:30:00

Leaderboard updated with CMDR Samwell Drakhyr's run at Aldriss Terminal.

Since I'm obviously a glutton for punishment (which I blame mainly on a track designer who includes no fewer than three required jumps in a course on a >4g world):
    Intent to race at Ceres Tarn, HR 1185
    31 Oct 3303, 19:55:00

Originally Posted by drakhyr View Post (Source)
    Since I'm obviously a glutton for punishment (which I blame mainly on a track designer who includes no fewer than three required jumps in a course on a >4g world):
    Intent to race at Ceres Tarn, HR 1185
    31 Oct 3303, 19:55:00
    Heh, Ceres Tarn is just a warm up compare to Weber Legacy.

In the (inevitable) spirit of learning as we go along, I'm making a minor course adjustment to Ceres Tarn. At the spot marked "Squeeze through pipes" it is no longer required that you navigate the small, hidden gap in the corner of the two pipe structures. Going around both set of pipes is acceptable. I'll get a new map uploaded done in the next day or so.

Leaderboard updated again, for CMDR Samwell Drakhyr's second run of the day, and to include some formatting improvements.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast