Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: BRC Road Rally Racing, Season 1: Oct-Dec 3303

Originally Posted by Jhyrryl View Post (Source)
    Heh, Ceres Tarn is just a warm up compare to Weber Legacy.
    Having now properly looked at the map for Weber Legacy, I see what you mean. I think I'll leave that one for now...

In the meantime: Intent to race at Moore Beacon, 5 G. Capricorni, 1 Nov 3303, 07:45:00

Leaderboard updated with CMDR Samwell Drakhyr's entry for Moore Beacon, which slides him into "first" place as the first CMDR to complete 50% of the requisite entries!

Continuing on with this:

Intent to race: Harrison Installation, Wolf 562, 1 Nov 3303, 17:05:00

(Jhyrryl, may not be worth doing a leaderboard update until at least 10pm GMT tonight, I might well try a fifth course later this evening. And maybe the final one tomorrow morning )

Originally Posted by drakhyr View Post (Source)
    Continuing on with this:

Intent to race: Harrison Installation, Wolf 562, 1 Nov 3303, 17:05:00

(Jhyrryl, may not be worth doing a leaderboard update until at least 10pm GMT tonight, I might well try a fifth course later this evening. And maybe the final one tomorrow morning )
    Fair enough. I'm loving the enthusiasm!

Originally Posted by Jhyrryl View Post (Source)
    Fair enough. I'm loving the enthusiasm!
    Enthusiasm combined with much cursing of:
    (a) the little rocks that crack your hull and send you spinning round
    (b) that extra kick of oversteer just as you are coming to a stop after a slight loss of control, that means you go from "at least that's vaguely near a helpful direction to be facing" to "nope, facing completely the wrong direction" (often straight into the side of a building)
    (c) all those flippin' little rocks
    (d) the serious lack of grip of the SRV even in really high gravity
    (e) getting the wheels of the SRV stuck in the buildings and railings (see below)
    (f) those ******* rocks!

My very first scouting run at Jordan Market ended up with me getting stuck less than 100m into the course (couldn't escape from this one, had to self-destruct):

Others I did at least eventually manage to break free from:

OK, let's try one more: Aldiss Terminal, Pegasi Sector IR-W d1-90, 1 Nov 3303, 19:50:00

Those are good screenshots...you should open a bug report with them.

Originally Posted by drakhyr View Post (Source)
    Enthusiasm combined with much cursing of:
    (a) the little rocks that crack your hull and send you spinning round
    (b) that extra kick of oversteer just as you are coming to a stop after a slight loss of control, that means you go from "at least that's vaguely near a helpful direction to be facing" to "nope, facing completely the wrong direction" (often straight into the side of a building)
    (c) all those flippin' little rocks
    (d) the serious lack of grip of the SRV even in really high gravity
    (e) getting the wheels of the SRV stuck in the buildings and railings (see below)
    (f) those ******* rocks!

My very first scouting run at Jordan Market ended up with me getting stuck less than 100m into the course (couldn't escape from this one, had to self-destruct):
    https://i.imgur.com/nG0i9vv.png

Others I did at least eventually manage to break free from:
    https://i.imgur.com/eetzOaP.jpg
    If you thought the rocks at Jordan Market were bad I'm interested to hear your thoughts on Aldiss Terminal. In the best run I could manage I think came to a dead stop at least five times because of those things!

I don't know if you guys have been following this at all? Anyway, it's over now but there are some terrific SRV fliving videos in the thread (if I do say so myself) in case anyone's interested (including an amazing achievement by Cmdr Brabston that I was previously unaware of).

Circumnavigating-a-planet-(for-charity)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345