View Poll Results: Pick three of these stories

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • 01 - Edith_The_Hutt - Simulation

11 78.57%
  • 02 - Frank - The Deep End

10 71.43%
  • 03 - Alien - It's The Simple Things In A Job ....

2 14.29%
  • 04 - Listeri69 - Customer Training 101 - Making sure your instructions are clear....

4 28.57%
  • 05 - Cmdr Pseudonym - Let's get physical....

3 21.43%
  • 06 - JetsonRING - Sweet Dreams Are Made Of This

2 14.29%
  • 07 - cleonymus - At the bottom of the barrel, you will find the word "Doomed"

3 21.43%
  • 08 - phong - From sir,with love.

2 14.29%
  • 09 - RoyalHankey - The USS New Jersey trip

1 7.14%
  • 10 - Simoof - The Happy Little Rancid Dog turd - happy as he wasn't Midden.

3 21.43%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Drabble Short Story Contest #219: Training

Drabble Short Story Contest #219: Training

This is a Drabble contest. Please vote for your favourite Drabble. I won last week so I give you my heartiest of thanks

My choice was "Quick Fix"

Psykokow hosts the Abraka-Drabble live reading show and "comedy" hour at 7pm BST, Fridays on...
    HUTTON ORBITAL RADIO! http://streaming.radionomy.com/HuttonOrbitalRadio (audio only)
    LAVE RADIO! http://laveradio.com/ (audio only)
    TWITCH! http://www.twitch.tv/psykokow/ (audio & visual)
    and will also be uploaded to his You-tube channel & anywhere else he can inflict the world with our drabblings!

Come back on Sunday night to see how well your Drabble has done. At least come back before Monday 15:00 to check if you're the one that has to provide us with a topic.

Please vote. And a plea to all of the contestants, Don't vote for yourself.

01 - Edith_The_Hutt - Simulation

It’s been nine hours since I moved from the chair. My eyes sting from the screen’s glare, my nose wrinkles in disgust from my own sweaty reek and once again my ship explodes from under me.

“Damnit!”

A polite message tells me what I already know: My ship has been destroyed; it doesn’t say I wasn’t good enough, but I know that too. I grit my teeth, rub my eyes and hit the restart sequence: same ship, same scenario.

I won’t move on, I can’t move on. The Thargoids are coming and we- I need to be ready to fight.

02 - Frank - The Deep End

My first day at Lave Academy. My father, Jamie, told be what to expect. The first years will all be very dry theory before they even let me near a holo-simulator.

My instructor looks a bit anxious, asks me if I know how the controls work in a Sidewinder. I nod telling him that I've played Space Denizen.

The place is much busier than I thought it would be. People aren't so much mulling around, more like running. Someone yells at my instructor to hurry up. I'm rushed into a fighter, and told to leave the navloc set as is.

03 - Alien - It's The Simple Things In A Job ....

Roger Ing, the new owner of the bar across from the Thargoid & Fer-De-Lance, the Throf & Peg, was trying to train his new employees, well, one of his new employees, all the others had understood the job very quickly.

"No, you take the customer's order, then you take one of these, and put the order on it."
    Ning, who had started the job a week ago, couldn't handle how complicated this was. Mr Ing had shown him several times, as had other colleagues, yet Ning simply couldn't grasp it.

"Try again" Ning took an order.

"TRAY NING! A TRAY!!!"

04 - Listeri69 - Customer Training 101 - Making sure your instructions are clear....

'Ahh Michelle I want you to take this letter to the pet shop on floor 23. It's a complaint. Stupid woman obviously needs more training'
    'What happened your gloriousness?'
    'I walked into that pet shop this morning and bought two hamsters for my niece's birthday. I came into my office this afternoon and they were both dead. So I called In to ask why...'
    "Oh I am sorry Mr Broobin I did warn you about the hot weather," she Said, "Did you give them plenty of water like I suggested?"
    "Yes, I filled their tank right to the very top."

05 - Cmdr Pseudonym - Let's get physical....

Cmdr Skiprat was fed up of looking like an advertisement for the hong kong phone book.
    It was time to do something about all those chins. Infact it was getting so bad he sat on an empire credit note the other day and a booger flew out of the emperor's nose.
    So with his new membership to Jizzy's Gym, he set right too it.
    After ten minutes the throf was pouring out of Skiprat, his arms were aching and his knees were weakening.
    He could really feel the tightness in his chest.
    Finally he stopped masturbating and took a shower..

06 - JetsonRING - Sweet Dreams Are Made Of This

CMDR Lennox was sweating in his slumber, dreaming of the sweet punishments he would receive if he did not perform to his master's satisfaction.
    Yesterday he was cleaning the floor of the flight deck using only his tongue and a toothbrush.
    He shivered with anticipation, imagining what degrading chores she would assign him today,
    before allowing him to attend to her more . . . personal requirements.
    His behind warmed as he dreamed of her paddle, her whips and chains, the diaper she made him wear
    and the big pacifier he clenched in his teeth to muffle his screams of pain and pleasure.

07 - cleonymus - At the bottom of the barrel, you will find the word "Doomed"

Todays training was just the basics.
    "Sit"
    The trainee danced with excitement.
    "Sit"
    You could see the confusion, as the trainee ran round examining the furniture.
    "Sit"
    The trainee continued to jig from side to side.
    "Sit" "Sit" "Sit" "Sit"
    Head on one side, the trainee examined its own body with studied deliberation.
    "Sit"
    The trainee looked up as if it's ears had just started working.
    "Sit you daft begger, Sit NOW"
    The trainee looked round and finally jumped onto the vacant seat.
    The trainer sighed and consulted his check list.
    "Now grasp the ships throttle in your right hand"

08 - phong - From sir,with love.

Skiprat paused.He'd never been invited to address a girls seminary before.
    He stood at the podium,gazing down at the sea of fresh, eager, smiling, young faces of St Bawds Academy for Youmg Nymphettes,felt his eyes begin to bulge and sweat bead on his forehead.
    His hand trembled as he reached for a glass of water,throat hoarse,mouth dry,tongue an arid desert.
    Gathering his thoughts,he breathed deeply,and began his peroration.
    Wei Twei Yime,squatting beneath,adjusted the position of the bucket in the cramped confines,keeping a wary eye on the knuckles blurring past her face.
    'Not ready yet.'she muttered.

09 - RoyalHankey - The USS New Jersey trip

Alien visited Winnard in the USA
    Alien said "Shall we go to see the USS New Jersey".
    Winnard replied "It's training".
    "What you mean it's training, it's been out of service for years now".
    "You want to go by train you mean?".
    "No it's training".
    "What you mean it's training"..
    "It's training".
    "Arhhhh WHAT YOU MEAN IT'S TRAINING".
    "It's training".
    "Ok lets start again".
    Alien said "Shall we go to see the USS New Jersey".
    "What you mean it's training".
    Donald Trump said "You have to put tea in front of everything".

10 - Simoof - The Happy Little Rancid Dog turd - happy as he wasn't Midden.

He was pretty sure that what he had just heard was not French.
    "Just look at these results!!! They're all imbeciles - every last one"
    The Elite Dangerous battle simulator had been logging the capabilities and tactics of the oblivious colonists for several years now.
    "The trackers results are impressive..."
    "Oh, there are some excellent pilots... it's their other activities that show their true mental facilities. Take this pilot for example..."
    "4 times triple-elite?!! Amazing." The screen updated. " Wait, what's a drabble? Oh dear, he really is a moron. Waypoint Scoop??"
    "Don't even try reading Psuedonyms"
    "I think I caught cancer"

Well done Edith.

A very strong win there for Edith, and a close competition too..

What will this weeks topic be?

Dang!!! I didn't put up the video..