Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Using research limpets; Thargoid reactions

Originally Posted by Stewart_ View Post (Source)
    Very cool!!!

Nice research on effective defences!
    Thank you!

"They see me whining, and grinding, up at the goal... All of FD is lookin' at me and they already know... they're gonna _ _ _ _ me, I already know they're gonna _ _ _ _ me, yet onward I go..." -Lakon ft. Scoop Rocky Rock

My PC Specs

CPU:> Intel Core i7-7700k @ 4.8Ghz
    MOBO:> Asus Maximus IX Hero Z270X
    GPU:> Asus Strix GTX-1070 OC Edition
    AIO:> NZXT Kraken X62
    RAM:> G.Skill Tirdent-Z RGB DDR4-3000Mhz
    CASE:> Corsair 760T [Black]
    Monitor:> Asus VX238H 1ms 1080p

Originally Posted by sleutelbos View Post (Source)
    Anyone tried using multipe research limpets?
    No but I'd assume it's only one at a time or there would be more sizes available, but I'll try tomorrow.

"They see me whining, and grinding, up at the goal... All of FD is lookin' at me and they already know... they're gonna _ _ _ _ me, I already know they're gonna _ _ _ _ me, yet onward I go..." -Lakon ft. Scoop Rocky Rock

My PC Specs

Originally Posted by NecoMachina View Post (Source)
    https://i.imgur.com/kLIXUcv.jpg
    Can already do something with the sample. I got a mission to bring 3 samples to Obsidian Orbital for Palin to study. Was one of those new random missions you get out in space (not from a station) and it popped up in my message log not long after I entered Maia.
    Good. So there are some missions to interact with the Thargoids. Shame the research limpet controllers are so hard to find.

Originally Posted by Assimilator1 View Post (Source)
    Nice job on the sample gathering , lol at your ship's name, I think that's why the Thargoid turned on you, he spotted it!
    Lol thanks! The ID for this ship is "DBUG4U" so it's the complete package lol

My PC Specs

Originally Posted by thirstyfish View Post (Source)
    and for the rest of us??
    I'm not an early backer. I had to fight to combat elite to get into founders so trust me when I say I've been there. Searching endlessly for modules. Large Turreted Beams and large Gimballed cannons were holy grail back then. I'd check everywhere you land. Especially in Maia area.

Originally Posted by Trafalgar Law View Post (Source)
    Good. So there are some missions to interact with the Thargoids. Shame the research limpet controllers are so hard to find.
    I think the biological matter is different and lays inside active bases. I haven't seen tissue sample (albeit organic too, but all Thargoid stuff technically is) specifically listed. It could be though I'm not 100%

My PC Specs

Originally Posted by DarthVain View Post (Source)
    +1 here
    Thanks guys!

My PC Specs

Originally Posted by ShadowWolf Kell View Post (Source)
    Same. Didn't even seem to care much about me stealing meta-alloys right from under it's nose. The research limpet ticked it off though. Wished I'd brought my Python instead. My Cobra's built for exploration with light cargo capacity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPmzaqVGDUkhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPmzaqVGDUk

Edit - Should have honked at it.
    Lol yeah I wasn't changing my Anaconda this early which is far tougher than my python but still, it's reasons like this that I even have a python. Funny that you say honking because I did that in my dbx before this and that's what set it off I think. I'll post video tomorrow if I have it still. I was dust before I knew it without shields.

My PC Specs

Originally Posted by Droid8Apple View Post (Source)
    I think the biological matter is different and lays inside active bases. I haven't seen tissue sample (albeit organic too, but all Thargoid stuff technically is) specifically listed. It could be though I'm not 100%
    Oh. That's disappointing. Still no in game reason for my cmdr to find Thargoid ships then .

Originally Posted by Droid8Apple View Post (Source)
    No but I'd assume it's only one at a time or there would be more sizes available, but I'll try tomorrow.
    Sizes. Try putting 3 or 4 on at once. Store your scanners or what have you. I was told a military depot somewhere also has these research limpets.
    You may have to go in to FireGroups and assign a controller for several fire groups.

\\///
    Oo
    -
    Spike.K

Try LHS 3980. Surface.

Originally Posted by thirstyfish View Post (Source)
    and for the rest of us??
    iSola Prospect, Brestla

Originally Posted by Trafalgar Law View Post (Source)
    Oh. That's disappointing. Still no in game reason for my cmdr to find Thargoid ships then .
    Aside from getting to probe an alien?

Originally Posted by CmdrZaratan View Post (Source)
    Aside from getting to probe an alien?
    That's amusing from an out of character perspective (as is watching/buzzing and generally annoying the bugs), but I'm just disappointed (again) that there's still no missions to investigate this new threat, which would give my character an in game reason to get involved (I like to roleplay). It's like all the Imperial/Fed etc. factions just don't care or even know that the Thargods have returned (I know there are the community goals and the odd mission from Palin, but those are to do with the Alien bases and are only from the engineers).

Ohhhh, research limpets ... I see where I went wrong now!

(new Buckyball race from 21 - 29 October : click banner for full race details)

Bought several. Put 2 on my Ship. Works fine.

\\///
    oO
    >
    Spike.K

Originally Posted by Spike K View Post (Source)
    Ah cool. Schlegel Keep is a Federal military economy, maybe others like that have the research limpets too.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast