Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Buckyball Racing Club presents: Fat Tony's Festival of Racing (30 September - 15 October 3303)

Originally Posted by Alec Turner View Post (Source)
    Having spent about 5hrs dabbling with the new 2.4 Thargoid content I've come to a shocking realisation (shocking because I'm a massive fan of Frontier and have true faith that they're trying their best to do the right thing with the updates) ... Buckyball racing provides far more truly engaging content. The post from a lone OP and what I know that will mean for my coming week vs. months of effort from a team of full-time developers ... well ... one will totally engross me, the other ... err, not so much.

That's quite shocking.

Sorry, I'm in a pub and had to just share that with someone.

Carry on.

o7
    That said, Buckyball could never have fulfilled my childhood dream of seeing attacked megaships on fire off the shoulder of Orion!

No, really ...

2.4 has wonderous sights to reveal!

(new Buckyball race from 21 - 29 October : click banner for full race details)

Approximately fourteen hours to the start of the festival, so seeing as the first post is quite long, I thought I'd clarify the events.
    Over the course of the Festival racers have the opportunity to win the following categories:

• The Ironbucky Trophy:
      • Open Unlimited Class
      • Cobra Classic Class
    • Festival of Racing:
      • Open Unlimited Class - Fastest Overall Time
      • Open Unlimited Class - The Station Scramble
      • Open Unlimited Class - The Bubble Tour
      • Open Unlimited Class - The Wasat Rally
      • Cobra Classic Class - Fastest Overall Time
      • Cobra Classic Class - The Station Scramble
      • Cobra Classic Class - The Bubble Tour
      • Cobra Classic Class - The Wasat Rally
    • Additional Events:
      • Wasat Cup SRV Section - Fastest Time (from all modes / events)
      • Open Unlimited Class - Fat Tony's Barbeque Challenge
      • Open Unlimited Class - Little Nuk's Dangerous Landings Challenge
      • Cobra Classic Class - Fat Tony's Barbeque Challenge
      • Cobra Classic Class - Little Nuk's Dangerous Landings Challenge

With the exception of the five "additional event" categories, each category could be entered individually. So you could turn up with a viper or eagle and just enter the open-unlimited station scramble, or you could make that run as a part of the combined three-event festival of racing.

You can run each individual festival of racing event as many times as you like, with your position on the overall leaderboard always using your best times from each individual event.

I'm not planning to break out individual section times from the Ironbucky except for the time that you're actually sat in a Scarab SRV (which will go towards the best SRV time with everything else).

I'll tweak the OP later, to add this clarification to it.

Before the festival begins, is there anything that does need clarifying better?

Originally Posted by Raiko View Post (Source)
    With the exception of the five "additional event" categories, each category could be entered individually. So you could turn up with a viper or eagle and just enter the open-unlimited station scramble, or you could make that run as a part of the combined three-event festival of racing.
    I hear the call of the Ironbucky, badly, but suspect that time will plot against my intentions...I can see myself doing quite the number of attempts at the Wasat Rally though, loved that one.

Intent to do stuff, of any kind, in the near future. Send my best regards to the brothers.

Approximately fourteen hours to the start of the festival, so seeing as the first post is quite long, I thought I'd clarify the events.
    Over the course of the Festival racers have the opportunity to win the following categories:

• The Ironbucky Trophy:
      • Open Unlimited Class
      • Cobra Classic Class

• Festival of Racing:
      • Open Unlimited Class - Fastest Overall Time
      • Open Unlimited Class - The Station Scramble
      • Open Unlimited Class - The Bubble Tour
      • Open Unlimited Class - The Wasat Rally
      • Cobra Classic Class - Fastest Overall Time
      • Cobra Classic Class - The Station Scramble
      • Cobra Classic Class - The Bubble Tour
      • Cobra Classic Class - The Wasat Rally

• Additional Events:
      • Wasat Cup SRV Section - Fastest Time (from all modes / events)
      • Open Unlimited Class - Fat Tony's Barbeque Challenge
      • Open Unlimited Class - Little Nuk's Dangerous Landings Challenge
      • Cobra Classic Class - Fat Tony's Barbeque Challenge
      • Cobra Classic Class - Little Nuk's Dangerous Landings Challenge

You can run each individual festival of racing event as many times as you like, with your position on the overall leaderboard always using your best times from each individual event.

I'm not planning to break out individual section times from the Ironbucky except for the time that you're actually sat in a Scarab SRV (which will go towards the best SRV time with everything else).

I'll tweak the OP later, to add this clarification to it.

Before the festival begins, is there anything that does need clarifying better?
    It's probably already been described but I'm lazy ... can we submit the separate parts of our IronBucky run for the individual races too?

Originally Posted by Alec Turner View Post (Source)
    It's probably already been described but I'm lazy ... can we submit the separate parts of our IronBucky run for the individual races too?
    I'd been considering this during planning, and just hadn't gotten around to writing something up about it (because I'm lazy too ).

Yes you can submit parts of your Ironbucky runs for the individual races if you like. In this case, I'm even prepared to take your ship clock time from any point before the main scanner display reappears - rather than the station clock. So you're not disadvantaged by the turnaround time after hitting launch when you've just landed.

By the way, since Ironbucky Runs are all 'one shot' and are lost if your ship or SRV is destroyed (after the initial 15 minute starting window anyway) - please could you provide details of any DNF runs? Whether you just aborted your pre-registered run, or had your SRV explode 5 metres from the destination, Little Nuk loves those kind of details. In the unlikely event that nobody survives the Ironbucky then Nuk will be one very happy little gangster.

I'm genuinely curious who'll win the two Ironbucky events, as Tanack and Nookie normally finish a few minutes ahead in SRV rallies, Cookiehole, AkenB and furrycat are faster in ships and not too far behind in SRVs and Alec is good at both and likes "no repairs" events. Plus so many other racers who are good at one or other of the three styles. I know that I'd do dreadfully 'cus I'm rubbish racing SRVs!

I'm genuinely curious who'll win the two Ironbucky events, as Tanack and Nookie normally finish a few minutes ahead in SRV rallies, Cookiehole, AkenB and furrycat are faster in ships and not too far behind in SRVs and Alec is good at both and likes "no repairs" events. Plus so many other racers who are good at one or other of the three styles. I know that I'd do dreadfully 'cus I'm rubbish racing SRVs!

I'm hopeless at SRVs disproportionately disadvantaged by the poor responsiveness of SRVs at high framerates due to having a high spec PC. Not that it matters because I am almost certain to be on the repair limpet tour for the whole duration of the race. Which is too bad because I love the Lonnegans' shenanigans.
    . . . |\_/| . . .
    . . .>(o.o)<. . .
    . . . ( ¤ ),. . .
    . . . ^^ ^^ . . .
    The above is a 100% authentic furrycat post.
    Read with confidence wherever you see the cat symbol.
    Warning: may contain sarcasm, satire and traces of irony.

Originally Posted by furrycat View Post (Source)
    I'm hopeless at SRVs disproportionately disadvantaged by the poor responsiveness of SRVs at high framerates due to having a high spec PC. Not that it matters because I am almost certain to be on the repair limpet tour for the whole duration of the race. Which is too bad because I love the Lonnegans' shenanigans.
    A commendable endeavour cmdr, good luck.

I'd like to declare my intent to race, CMDR Markzx59, no idea in what ship or class yet

Originally Posted by furrycat View Post (Source)
    Not that it matters because I am almost certain to be on the repair limpet tour for the whole duration of the race. Which is too bad because I love the Lonnegans' shenanigans.
    That's great.

I'd seen the thread before, but forgot about it so I didn't realise you were involved. Fly safe fast!

At least the updated Black Riband will finally be running when you return.

def joining up for this. its my first time, so ill take it easy
    CMDR AldrickExGladius
    Ehran's Dagger
    Cobra MKIII
    Wasat Rally
    Cobra Classic

Phanes? Where's OU Geminorum?

Originally Posted by Jhyrryl View Post (Source)
    Whaaaaat? After spending hours doing course planning, am I going to have to scrap it all?!

Also, I think 15 leaderboards has GOT to be a record, right?

Originally Posted by Bruski View Post (Source)
    Do you have enough wicks to burn?

Originally Posted by Jhyrryl View Post (Source)
    Sorry about that, I'll correct the Raikogram today.
    The correct system is OU Geminorum, not Phanes.

Originally Posted by Bruski View Post (Source)
    Whaaaaat? After spending hours doing course planning, am I going to have to scrap it all?!

Sorry, hopefully your planning used OU Geminorum.

I'm hoping to squeeze everything into less tables than that.

I've temporarily removed the incorrect table.

Sorry it was build using a spreadsheet that had the correct list for the bubble tour race. I didnt notice that it had the wrong scramble list.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast