Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Buckyball Racing Club presents: Fat Tony's Festival of Racing (30 September - 15 October 3303)

Originally Posted by Jhyrryl View Post (Source)
    Do you have enough wicks to burn?
    Oh, I'll be burning wicks, but probably not for racing.

Just set a new personal best driving from Santa Fe to Albuquerque to the birth center.

New CMDR expected imminently.

Originally Posted by Bruski View Post (Source)
    Just set a new personal best driving from Santa Fe to Albuquerque to the birth center.

Hope you didn't apply your full set of buckyball skills to that run

Congratulations coming imminently!

Originally Posted by AkenBosch View Post (Source)
    Hope you didn't apply your full set of buckyball skills to that run

Congratulations coming imminently!
    Considering my personal buckyball style is a bit reckless and crashy, yes. I was admonished that if I went over bumps at speed I would not survive the drive. 😛

That's great Bruski!

gz Bruski ... hope everything went/is-going smoothly!

On the race front, I did my first Wasat run this afternoon. I must say I've missed Wasat A2E, it's weird but the terrain between Elwood and Fergusson is actually familiar to me now and it felt a bit like returning home. Not a bad run (my SRV skills have definitely improved since last time). Been out all evening and it's late now but I'll submit it in the morning and/or run it again.

Originally Posted by Alec Turner View Post (Source)
    gz Bruski ... hope everything went/is-going smoothly!

On the race front, I did my first Wasat run this afternoon. I must say I've missed Wasat A2E, it's weird but the terrain between Elwood and Fergusson is actually familiar to me now and it felt a bit like returning home. Not a bad run (my SRV skills have definitely improved since last time). Been out all evening and it's late now but I'll submit it in the morning and/or run it again.
    Great, I'm glad I've given an excuse to revisit Wasat A2E.

With all the Thargoid stuff, I was a little worried that the Lonegan Brothers would be the only people at the festival. At least the two week race should give everyone time to visit the aliens and still race.

Originally Posted by Raiko View Post (Source)
    Great, I'm glad I've given an excuse to revisit Wasat A2E.

With all the Thargoid stuff, I was a little worried that the Lonegan Brothers would be the only people at the festival. At least the two week race should give everyone time to visit the aliens and still race.
    Actually, even tho I haven't even tried the other two events yet, given how (relatively) well my Wasat run went I'm seriously considering just leaping straight into the first of my IronBucky runs tomorrow. Nothing ventured nothing gained! If you see the intent you know I'm on my way.

24 hours into the festival and no submitted runs yet - apparently there's other stuff happening in the galaxy, apparently someone saw an alien once.

Originally Posted by Alec Turner View Post (Source)
    Actually, even tho I haven't even tried the other two events yet, given how (relatively) well my Wasat run went I'm seriously considering just leaping straight into the first of my IronBucky runs tomorrow. Nothing ventured nothing gained! If you see the intent you know I'm on my way.
    It's worth pointing out for anyone that fancies a go at the Ironbucky, that attempt #1 must be run in the next 24 hours if you want to use all your attempts.

Nuk's fixed the raikogram in the OP now, here's a copy - sorry again for the mix up.

Originally Posted by AldrickExGladius View Post (Source)
    def joining up for this. its my first time, so ill take it easy
    CMDR AldrickExGladius
    Ehran's Dagger
    Cobra MKIII
    Wasat Rally
    Cobra Classic
    Welcome to the BRC Aldrick!

I've just submitted my Wasat run from yesterday to get the ball rolling. It won't break any records but it's a start.

Also, I think I gave the wrong times for the SRV section. Having re-read the rules I should have given 15:32:40 and 15:52:21.

o7

Having now seen a few Thargoids, and given up on trying to see the lightshow at the Thargoid structures due to a bug with Links not spawning, I am now on my way to Siren to join the race. I will definitely be bringing Back of Beyond to the Cobra Classic class, not sure about Unlimited yet

Originally Posted by Raiko View Post (Source)
    24 hours into the festival and no submitted runs yet - apparently there's other stuff happening in the galaxy, apparently someone saw an alien once.
    What aliens?

I'm just buckyballing around, helping the Winged Hussars establish a bar in their system. Will definitely submit a race entry once this is over - but since Fat Tony extended his festival, the new bar takes precedence.

Initial Cobra Classic Station Scramble time submitted.

I have a question regarding Little Nuk's Dangerous Landings challenge: does the mailslot itself count as station exterior or interior?

Originally Posted by drakhyr View Post (Source)
    I have a question regarding Little Nuk's Dangerous Landings challenge: does the mailslot itself count as station exterior or interior?
    Interior. If you're inside the slot it's definitely valid and if you're in the cage with only the slot visible that's valid too - as long as you dock within 30 seconds.

Stating intent to start an ironbucky run in the next 15 minutes

Originally Posted by Bruski View Post (Source)
    Oh, I'll be burning wicks, but probably not for racing.

Congratulations!

Intent to race, but don't know when. I'm out driving excavator in the rain again and I'm away working with my real job the whole next week. I may be able to give it a shot if I get a hotel room with adequate WIFI.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast