Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Buckyball Racing Club presents: Fat Tony's Festival of Racing (30 September - 15 October 3303)

Originally Posted by Alec Turner View Post (Source)
    Stating intent to start an ironbucky run in the next 15 minutes
    IronBucky Run #1 completed!

Nerves: 1% (utterly shot to pieces basically)

I'll submit my evidence when I've stopped shaking.

I'm gonna give the Ironbucky a go in my DBX

Commander name - Tado Chip
    Ship name - Tadesplorer
    Ship type - Diamondback Explorer
    Event - Ironbucky
    Class - Open-Unlimited

It's been a busy weekend for my family, and what time I have had was spent getting mats to upgrade the Black Sunshine's FSD for this event, so there won't be an Ironbucky attempt from me this weekend. It'll happen this week though.

Ironbucky abandoned.

I am reminded how bad I am at flyving, and how annoyed I get at it. With only 15% SRV hull left and 37km still to go, there's no point continuing. I suspect I will not be returning to the Ironbucky - good luck to those who can do it!

IronBucky Run now submitted. I'm also going to submit my three runs individually but I'll do that tomorrow (probably gonna have to dig some more screenshots out of the video first).

Originally Posted by drakhyr View Post (Source)
    Ironbucky abandoned.

I am reminded how bad I am at flyving, and how annoyed I get at it. With only 15% SRV hull left and 37km still to go, there's no point continuing. I suspect I will not be returning to the Ironbucky - good luck to those who can do it!
    Bad luck! 15% with 37k left eh? yeah ... think I'd have given up on that one too. The IronBucky Trophy is well-named, it's a tough one!

Originally Posted by TadoChip View Post (Source)
    I'm gonna give the Ironbucky a go in my DBX

Commander name - Tado Chip
    Ship name - Tadesplorer
    Ship type - Diamondback Explorer
    Event - Ironbucky
    Class - Open-Unlimited
    Run complete, and submitted: https://imgur.com/a/JoEit

I'll have a video up later.

That was loooooong

Deal made with the wife. Ironbucky attempt declaration submitted.

Originally Posted by drakhyr View Post (Source)
    Ironbucky abandoned.

12% with 27.3km to go. I'll probably try again throughout the event, but...I'm also not good at the fliving.
    edit: repair and then 9% at 8.62km out...

They've hidden this thread well! I'm easily confused but the forum shake up added to all the general excitement made me miss this.

I'll have to take a crack at the IronBucky, although I'm not expecting too much from myself: my ship isn't optimized for fast interstellar travel, and my newly-upgraded video card means severely handicapped SRV driving. Should be fun anyway!

CMDR Tannik Seldon
    Million-to-One Chance
    Keelback
    Ironbucky
    Open-Unlimited

I guess I could also grab a Cobra instead, but I doubt it would make much of a difference on the leaderboard.

Originally Posted by Jhyrryl View Post (Source)
    12% with 27.3km to go. I'll probably try again throughout the event, but...I'm also not good at the fliving.
    edit: repair and then 9% at 8.62km out...
    edit: repair again and finished to re-learn the course.

Clearly I've gotten better at fliving...even with stopping to post in this thread, I beat my Wasat Cup time by over three minutes...but still no threat to anyone who can actually handle their SRV. I'm not going to bother submitting the individual time, cuz I know I'll do better later in the week when I get used to it again, and when I'm not stopping mid-race to provide commentary.

Making this "Intent to..." more formal:
    CMDR Jak (Jhyrryl)

Station Scramble and Wasat Rally:
    Sloop Dog (Adder)
    Open Unlimited

Intent to Bubble Tour:
    Black Sunshine (DBX)
    Open Unlimited

Intent to Station Scramble and Wasat Rally...

Originally Posted by Jhyrryl View Post (Source)
    Deal made with the wife. Ironbucky attempt declaration submitted.
    Could such a run deserve an additional "Ironmarriage" badge/bonus for the added psychological pressure?

Originally Posted by SushiCW View Post (Source)
    I'll have to take a crack at the IronBucky, although I'm not expecting too much from myself: my ship isn't optimized for fast interstellar travel, and my newly-upgraded video card means severely handicapped SRV driving.
    I'm no programmer, I know very little about game developing and I suck at math/physics (like, big time), but if such a problem arise because the game physics are calculated on framerate-dependent "ticks" and not on a fixed time step (as much as I think that should be weird for an online game needing to synchronize events on different clients), should you not be able to mitigate the problem by playing at a capped framerate (like anything between 45-60 fps)?

Originally Posted by AkenBosch View Post (Source)
    should you not be able to mitigate the problem by playing at a capped framerate (like anything between 45-60 fps)?
    That's true, it definitely works (it's how I proved the problem exists). I hate to do that though, the buttery smooth high framerate is really addictive. Maximize my chances to "win" (or at least not explode), or enjoy delicious buttery goodness? Tough call!

--
    As a side note, I'm also curious how/if high framerate affects collision damage. It shouldn't, but FPS "shouldn't" affect rotation rate and extra people in the instance "shouldn't" affect collision damage (or cause spontaneous mid-air explosions, which I experienced the other day). So it's hard to be confident that there's no effect.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast