Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 691011121316 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 334

Thread: How to Solo a Thargoid Interceptor [Video]

  1. #151
    This is getting really hard. In a wing of 3 we managed to get one down, but this was a hell of a fight.

    I think they are getting even more evasive now.

    Oh, and the flak needs more ammo.

  2. #152
    Originally Posted by BuddyE View Post (Source)
    Oh, and the flak needs more ammo.
    Not just the flak.

    Flying in a cutter with 45mio rebuy and limited to the same number of ammo as a sidewinder... that's great game desing.

  3. #153
    Another update:

    During the last two fights, we had no caustic missiles launched at us. This might be new. Maybe they will use a different weapon soon?

  4. #154
    This is a real challenge. My best solo effort (in an engineered Cutter) is to take one heart down. My best team effort has actually been worse. I think the theory that some goids are more skilled than others may be true. If working in a team, one solution to running low on ammo may be to take turns to go back and re-arm. If you keep the goid chasing you between 3.5 and 4.5 km it will be unable to harm your ship while you wait.

  5. #155
    Originally Posted by Archimedes Crew View Post (Source)
    This is a real challenge. My best solo effort (in an engineered Cutter) is to take one heart down. My best team effort has actually been worse. I think the theory that some goids are more skilled than others may be true. If working in a team, one solution to running low on ammo may be to take turns to go back and re-arm. If you keep the goid chasing you between 3.5 and 4.5 km it will be unable to harm your ship while you wait.
    We killed some thargoids in a 2 ship cutter wing exactly this way. While one was rearming the other could easily use hull repair limpets (distance to thargoid more than 3km)

    ps:
    But it became boring very soon. We do not have the motivation every hour to change 80% of our modules making the ship thargoid or pve ready.
    So we are waiting now for over a week for something new.

  6. #156
    Using the Tag Team method works:

    In a wing of 2 you can kill them but it does take time.

    Thargoids tend to engage inside of 3km, the Thargon swarm is devastating IF they can hit you. Shields are key to avoiding module damage.

    What my wing does— the Tag Team method:

    Cutter - 6000 mj shields/ 4500 armor
    Corvette - 4000 mj shields / 3500 armor

    Now we both carry Huge G5 LONG RANGE Regeneration Beams and size 6 fighter hangars

    Cutter uses 4 AX missles
    Vette uses 4 AX multi cannons

    Initial scan includes launching 2 SLFs targeting the Thargoid Swarm... this is an excellent deterrent and generally keeps the swarm at bay if you continually launch SLFs whenever needed.

    Cutter scans(initially) and then is solely responsible for exerting the hearts — once heart is exerted— the Cutter boosts, turns and immediately targets Corvette with its Regeneration beam and enhances its shields while the Corvette hits the Exerted heart with AX multicannons... once heart goes back to nominal ... the Corvette boosts and begins Regen targeting of Cutter while the Cutter using AX missles now works to re-exert the heart

    Rinse and repeat.

    We have never failed to kill a targeted Thargoid in this manner ... they have been increasingly difficult due to enhanced capability since their first inception but with this method you can and will eventually knock it down.

    Point of note: try to encounter near a station to be able to re-arm / repair otherwise plan ahead and bring AFMU and Hull repair limpets.

    With the ships described it is very doable... with a third and fourth ship you can cut the kill time in half.

    Good luck CMDRs

    P. S. I *think* I have even winged up and killed a Thargoid with previous poster sorcer3r. 👍🏻

  7. #157
    Has anyone killed a Thargoid and scooped the heart since the weekend?

    The video from the Frontier Expo showed the red Thargoids warping in after the heart was scooped, and the mechanism for Thargoids warping in after a cannister is scooped is in the game as seen in NHSS where there's a single Thargoid sensor. Scoop the sensor and a Thargoid drops in behind you immediately. I've yet to see one of these myself, but I've seen several similar reports.

  8. #158
    I have a feeling the new Thargoid will only show themselves after we get the Type-10 Defender, I forgot when's the last time I scooped a heart so I can't say for sure.

  9. #159
    Originally Posted by GluttonyFang View Post (Source)
    I have a feeling the new Thargoid will only show themselves after we get the Type-10 Defender, I forgot when's the last time I scooped a heart so I can't say for sure.
    Next time you kill one, scoop the heart for posterity

    I'm still a ways off being able to drop one solo since the evasion upgrade. Getting better though.

  10. #160
    Originally Posted by CmdrZaratan View Post (Source)
    Next time you kill one, scoop the heart for posterity

    I'm still a ways off being able to drop one solo since the evasion upgrade. Getting better though.
    And this is the last time anyone heard from Gluttony...

    *Chuckles in the background*

    Alright, I'll give it a try.

  11. #161
    Alright, I tried, nothing showed up, I waited, too.

    But it did give me a chance to capture a video showcasing every weaponry and module we developed against the Thargoid, so I guess I didn't return empty handed.

  12. #162
    Originally Posted by GluttonyFang View Post (Source)
    Alright, I tried, nothing showed up, I waited, too.

    But it did give me a chance to capture a video showcasing every weaponry and module we developed against the Thargoid, so I guess I didn't return empty handed.
    Thanks for trying They're taking their sweet time on throwing the switch on the new more aggressive Thargoids.

  13. #163
    Originally Posted by CmdrZaratan View Post (Source)
    Thanks for trying They're taking their sweet time on throwing the switch on the new more aggressive Thargoids.
    They sure are, I can't wait for the new variants.

    And new video up showcasing combat use of the neutralizer and all existing modules, and also picking up materials mid combat to farm effectively (need to improve in this area).

  14. #164
    I just totally encountered a Thargoid with no lightning cannon. Even with my crappy flying I got the last heart to 22% before I ran out of missiles.

    Goes without saying he had no caustic missiles and no EMP as well.

    Edit: He was either a 4B-1 or a 4E-1 using the logogram guide in the other thread. Solid middle ring with very little outside.

    Edit 2: Found another one without a lightning cannon. This one was a 1D-1. Solid middle with 1 dot outside. This one I dispatched. Sadly nothing to report on scooping the heart Both gimpy Thargoids encountered in Asterope, with a more experienced one in the middle, though I didn't confirm he had a lightning cannon.

  15. #165
    So far today I've fought 2 Thargoids. Ran away from one with a lightning cannon (4A-2) and destroyed one without (3B-1).

    I learned that you can just wait for the panic shield to drop. Shooting it is optional. Also learned you can finish off the Thargoid with just multicannons once the last heart drops.

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 691011121316 ... LastLast