Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9121314151619 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Solo a Thargoid Interceptor [Video]

Well 3 of us got a Cyclops kill tonight in wing of 3 x T10's and a FDL

The cyclops definitely zooms about a lot more when the SLf is in play, and the swarm is a pain in the asp to kill with the T10...
    Overall the T10 is ... meh half decent, but to be honest i think the Anaconda has a better advantage, due to its maneuverability, and yea it is slightly more in cost, but the Hype for the T10 is yet to live up to its expectations.

Fly safe and gun down goids!

Ive commented in my none combat activities re thargoids that they dont appear to be able to detect cool running ships, and i have also anecdotally noted that a thargoid can struggle a bit to hit a ship that has just deployed a heat sink.

It has also been commented on that the type 10 is a cool running ship.

I think therefore people need to investigate if we need to move away from the uber shield and hull tanking hot running ship, to a ship that runs as cool as possible, has quick recharging shields and has lots of heat sinks.

Its a bit meta but i do like to think that the reason Frontier introduced Heat sink synthesis was to allow players to replenish heat sinks mid thargoid battle. I also recall David Braben commenting that humans have got very good at killing other humans and that this wont work for thargoids. That to me is a hint that for Thargoids the established PVP combat meta is being deliberately undermined by the combat mechanics they demand for fighting thargoids effectively.

My suggestion would be to send a single engineered DBS for stealth to see how easy a cyclops finds it to hit a cool running ship hitting it from say 1km+ out.
    The idea not being to defeat the thargoid but to observe how hard the thargoid finds it to hit the cool running ship.

Originally Posted by Ranualf View Post (Source)
    Well 3 of us got a Cyclops kill tonight in wing of 3 x T10's and a FDL

The cyclops definitely zooms about a lot more when the SLf is in play, and the swarm is a pain in the asp to kill with the T10...
    Overall the T10 is ... meh half decent, but to be honest i think the Anaconda has a better advantage, due to its maneuverability, and yea it is slightly more in cost, but the Hype for the T10 is yet to live up to its expectations.

Fly safe and gun down goids!
    You're going to have a hard time taking down thargons if they are busy following any fighters...and sometimes the same will go for the thargoid itself. If you have a chance and you want to take out the swarms you can always have everyone order fighters to hold position (they should somewhat quickly go poof.) As sometimes the Thargoid bugs out if a fighter docks at time and will then fail to attack, and we don't abuse bugs...we kill bugs!

Marauder scout variant information added.

Uploaded demonstration of the Guardian Gauss Cannon and the Guardian Plasma Charger.

Originally Posted by GluttonyFang View Post (Source)
    Uploaded demonstration of the Guardian Gauss Cannon and the Guardian Plasma Charger.
    Excellent work, as ever.

<censored>

Wow. That alpha on the heart!

EDIT: BTW, how'd you get 12 weapon blueprints so quick?

Holy crap! Those weapons really tear up the Thargoid Cyclops really well. It'll be interesting to see if this new weaponry allows people to solo medusas now.

Holy crap indeed!!! I need to get me some of those ASAP.

Great video. Nice music, too.

I'm leaning towards putting two missiles and 2 guardian gauss guns on my python along with a flak cannon for the swarms (don't have enough weapon blueprints for the guardian plasma charger yet) The guardian powerplant doesn't really seem worth it in my opinion.

Originally Posted by Urazz View Post (Source)
    I'm leaning towards putting two missiles and 2 guardian gauss guns on my python along with a flak cannon for the swarms (don't have enough weapon blueprints for the guardian plasma charger yet) The guardian powerplant doesn't really seem worth it in my opinion.
    I think you need the guardian powerplant to power guardian weapons

This video I really liked, the music selection was 'nominal'

Originally Posted by Phazon Xenomorph View Post (Source)
    I think you need the guardian powerplant to power guardian weapons
    I can testify that you do not need guardian PP to use guardian weapons.

I found this video of someone else soloing thargoids with guardians technology :

I can testify that you do not need guardian PP to use guardian weapons.
    Yeah, I got the gauss cannon and I don't need the guardian power plant to fire it or anything like that.

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9121314151619 ... LastLast