Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 335

Thread: How to Solo a Thargoid Interceptor [Video]

  1. #16
    Well played, CMDR 'Fang!

  2. #17
    Originally Posted by GluttonyFang View Post (Source)
    Close combat is a bad idea when fighting solo because of their scrambling yellow laser, it's crippling as you can see in the video.

    But yes, I want some caustic resistance please.
    I think there are some Size 3 Hull Reinforcement with a bit of Causitc Resistance. Cant remember the class.. If it wasnt removed.

  3. #18
    Originally Posted by Robert Maynard View Post (Source)
    Well played, CMDR 'Fang!
    A compliment from Robert, must be my birthday!

    (It was yesterday, heh).

    Originally Posted by Hazzu View Post (Source)
    I think there are some Size 3 Hull Reinforcement with a bit of Causitc Resistance. Cant remember the class.. If it wasnt removed.
    The first patch after the release patch patched it out.

    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...-Update-2-4-01

  4. #19
    Originally Posted by GluttonyFang View Post (Source)

    The first patch after the release patch patched it out.

    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...-Update-2-4-01
    Ah cheers, didnt see it. Maybe for the better ATM so they are as hard as possible for some "fun"

  5. #20
    Excellent fight. It looks to me like people's fears about this being farmable are somewhat misplaced if solo takes 20+mins and a huge chunk of hull and that's only if you have huge hull health as well as space for at least 5-7 hardpoints, 4 of which are C2 for the missiles.

    Not to mention the skills it basically requires, such as fixed weapon proficiency.

    This looks like it severely limits what kinds of ship can do it solo, otherwise it's a job for a wing.

    That is a very good challenge.

  6. #21
    Well done. This is the first video I've seen of a proper duel between a CMDR and a thargoid. I knew there would be players with the skill to take them down 1vs1.

    Just hope that I am one of them.

  7. #22
    Very nice work, CMDR.

    Good old reverski...it still works.

  8. #23
    Originally Posted by JesusRocks1988 View Post (Source)
    Excellent fight. It looks to me like people's fears about this being farmable are somewhat misplaced if solo takes 20+mins and a huge chunk of hull and that's only if you have huge hull health as well as space for at least 5-7 hardpoints, 4 of which are C2 for the missiles.

    Not to mention the skills it basically requires, such as fixed weapon proficiency.

    This looks like it severely limits what kinds of ship can do it solo, otherwise it's a job for a wing.

    That is a very good challenge.
    I agree, I like the way FD implemented the Thargoids, it's a great PvE challenge that you can do on your own for a challenge or distribute the challenge among friends.

    As for farming, I am doing a few more for the sake of the loot they drop, some of them are engineering materials, so I want to stock up a little. The advantage of soloing is you keep the loot all to yourself.

  9. #24
    That's some good comprehensive stuff, OP, thank you very much for the info. I'm glad I read this before having a crack at it myself.

  10. #25
    Originally Posted by MacrosTheBlack View Post (Source)
    Very nice work, CMDR.

    Good old reverski...it still works.
    Heh, thank you, and yes, good ol' days of the reverse ski...

  11. #26
    Originally Posted by GluttonyFang View Post (Source)
    I agree, I like the way FD implemented the Thargoids, it's a great PvE challenge that you can do on your own for a challenge or distribute the challenge among friends.

    As for farming, I am doing a few more for the sake of the loot they drop, some of them are engineering materials, so I want to stock up a little. The advantage of soloing is you keep the loot all to yourself.
    Watching the fight with the weak points made me reminesce of old shoot 'em ups But I agree it is a nice way of doing it not just making them bullet sponges.

  12. #27
    Originally Posted by GluttonyFang View Post (Source)
    A compliment from Robert, must be my birthday!

    (It was yesterday, heh).
    Happy (belated) birthday.

  13. #28
    Originally Posted by GluttonyFang View Post (Source)
    I agree, I like the way FD implemented the Thargoids, it's a great PvE challenge that you can do on your own for a challenge or distribute the challenge among friends.

    As for farming, I am doing a few more for the sake of the loot they drop, some of them are engineering materials, so I want to stock up a little. The advantage of soloing is you keep the loot all to yourself.
    They drop human engineering materials? Or is this for some new engineering options?

  14. #29
    Thanks for this video. My first attempt ended up with the Thargoid having 50% on his last heart and me running out of ammo. I think a few more tries and ill have it.

  15. #30
    Originally Posted by Agony_Aunt View Post (Source)
    They drop human engineering materials? Or is this for some new engineering options?
    I would assume they drop the same random stuff the Barnacle sites can? It wasn't just meta alloys from there either, you could get a wide variety of material grades.

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast