Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Solo a Thargoid Interceptor [Video]

Originally Posted by Agony_Aunt View Post (Source)
    They drop human engineering materials? Or is this for some new engineering options?
    Check out my video, it's toward the end I check the contact panel. They drop two engineering materials and a cargo item called "Thargoid Heart".

Originally Posted by Vincent Valamore View Post (Source)
    Thanks for this video. My first attempt ended up with the Thargoid having 50% on his last heart and me running out of ammo. I think a few more tries and ill have it.
    No problem, it took me a few practice runs before I got it right. The key to using your ammo efficiently is to be patient, and let the Interceptor go into a linear path toward you, where you missiles cannot miss.

Originally Posted by hunvagy View Post (Source)
    I would assume they drop the same random stuff the Barnacle sites can? It wasn't just meta alloys from there either, you could get a wide variety of material grades.
    Oh they drop new stuff, check it out in the video, it's toward the end.

Dangit, missed the drop names. Okay, who else wants a Thargoid heart on a plaque in their cockpit now? xD

Just lol, Thx Glutony! for this thread and video where I had good laugh, both very nicely put together and informative. Sadly only can give +rep once.

Originally Posted by hunvagy View Post (Source)
    Dangit, missed the drop names. Okay, who else wants a Thargoid heart on a plaque in their cockpit now? xD
    The only bad thing is the cloud they leave behind makes it impossible to pick anything up from it without risking getting blown up.

Originally Posted by GluttonyFang View Post (Source)
    The only bad thing is the cloud they leave behind makes it impossible to pick anything up from it without risking getting blown up.
    Collection limpets should work? Some Slot 2 wouldnt hurt the hull tank.

Guess that's where the HRPs will come in then. But it really is nice to see an enemy that's even a threat when blowing up. When I watched for a moment I thought it would go Singularity Core critical on you alá Romulans. But a highly caustic stinking cloud also works.

Impressive, well played. I'm holding back my efforts a little, to see if the Aegis CG will result in new equipment, but I'm starting to wonder if a Gunship wouldn't be a good Tharg hunter. Four C2s and a fighter bay could make it a not-insane-rebuy middle ground.

r,
    j,

Originally Posted by Ranx View Post (Source)
    Impressive, well played. I'm holding back my efforts a little, to see if the Aegis CG will result in new equipment, but I'm starting to wonder if a Gunship wouldn't be a good Tharg hunter. Four C2s and a fighter bay could make it a not-insane-rebuy middle ground.

r,
    j,
    While it can probably be done, ATM the more hull reinforcement you can get the better to survive + shield and scb. And who has most Optional space... Biggies

One last hurrah.

If they can't mess you up in life, they'll do it in death instead.

+rep for an excellent writeup and video.

And extra virtual +rep for not bragging about it. And for doing it alone, too.

Excellent write-up Mr Fang, I'll get this linked in to my sticky "Best of forum" thread asap.

Good job GluttonyFang!

FYI, you can use a medium ship aswell :

Originally Posted by Hazzu View Post (Source)
    Collection limpets should work? Some Slot 2 wouldnt hurt the hull tank.
    Nope, the limpet dies due to the cloud, only way to do it is to tank through it.

Edit:

I was wrong about the limpet, you can use it, but you have to weigh your options. Sitting there waiting for the limpets will also eat your hull.

Originally Posted by PeLucheuh View Post (Source)
    Good job GluttonyFang!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=az_n...ature=youtu.be
    Very nicely done, rep!

What I like about this is that the combat is actually interesting, and not just "shoot at it until it dies."
    It reminds me of boss fights of old, where you go for weak spots and whittle the boss down until it starts deploying new tactics that require you to switch up your game to press the attack. Actually having to think about what you're doing instead of getting within range and holding down fire 1 is something NPC combat has been missing for quite a while here. Credit where it's due, FD handled this aspect well, though the thargoid AI could be a little more adaptive in their responses and stop falling for the same tricks over and over. I'm sure that'll probably be worked on for the bigger thargoids now that our tactics are in the open for the devs to see.

Much rep all round, great videos. Don't think I'll be trying this any time soon

Originally Posted by PeLucheuh View Post (Source)
    Good job GluttonyFang!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=az_n...ature=youtu.be
    lol, that song though.

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast