Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234569 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Solo a Thargoid Interceptor [Video]

How does the AX weaponry fare against non Thargoid ships? Anyone tried (Must've)?

Couple of questions:

1: If a wingmate has a xenoscanner, can he paint the subsystems as a target for the other pilots?
    2: How effective are SLFs at damaging hearts?
    3: Has anyone tried point defence vs the missiles?

Originally Posted by Avago Ero View Post (Source)
    How does the AX weaponry fare against non Thargoid ships? Anyone tried (Must've)?
    And, can it be engineered?

j,

+Rep for that excellent write up - perma-bookmarked
    just hoping that we will not have to use that knowledge during our Eta-Carina expedition....
    So if I get U right, a well tanked Conda with fighter hangar is preferrable to the Vette?

Posted a second encounter video to showcase the shutdown pulse, caustic missile, and caustic cloud.

Posted a salvage video to showcase the various loot from Thargoid, both engineer material and cargo (Thargoid Heart).

Originally Posted by Goose4291 View Post (Source)
    Couple of questions:

1: If a wingmate has a xenoscanner, can he paint the subsystems as a target for the other pilots?
    2: How effective are SLFs at damaging hearts?
    3: Has anyone tried point defence vs the missiles?
    1. I have no idea, only been doing this solo.

2. They do no damage, only Ax Missile does.

3. Point defense works against Thargon swarm missiles, but not against caustic missile, which is launched by the Interceptor.

Check out the new videos I added into the OP, they should shed some light.

Originally Posted by Xenia_K View Post (Source)
    +Rep for that excellent write up - perma-bookmarked
    just hoping that we will not have to use that knowledge during our Eta-Carina expedition....
    So if I get U right, a well tanked Conda with fighter hangar is preferrable to the Vette?
    Hm, I think it's preference, I would take a Vette because of how maneuverable it is, but the Conda's hardpoint placement is so good for the Ax Missiles. It's a struggle @_@.

I love how your onboard computer knows the thargoid heart is illicit cargo, even though it should totally not be common knowledge yet Ofc the big question is.. does it shut down stations?

Guessing Federal Gunship with 4x medium hardpoints and a bunch of other hardpoints would be more ideal? At the moment my only 4 hardpoint ship is an FDL but I'm not sure what weapon I want to mount for the huge hardpoint.

Originally Posted by Alec Turner View Post (Source)
    Excellent write-up Mr Fang, I'll get this linked in to my sticky "Best of forum" thread asap.
    DONE (currently in "Trending" section but I may well permanently move this into "Ship, weapon stat's, combat tips, etc")

Originally Posted by Alec Turner View Post (Source)
    DONE (currently in "Trending" section but I may well permanently move this into "Ship, weapon stat's, combat tips, etc")
    But it's a thread about Thargoids more than weapon stats and stuff....and how to kill them, it belongs here (or General Discussion for all to see) more than anywhere else.

Originally Posted by Phazon Xenomorph View Post (Source)
    But it's a thread about Thargoids more than weapon stats and stuff....and how to kill them, it belongs here (or General Discussion for all to see) more than anywhere else.
    Sorry, when I say "move" ... I don't mean I'm moving THIS thread (I'm not an admin so I don't have the power to do that anyway), I just mean that I'll move my link to this thread to a different section within my "Best of Forum" thread. Apologies for any misunderstanding.

Originally Posted by hunvagy View Post (Source)
    I love how your onboard computer knows the thargoid heart is illicit cargo, even though it should totally not be common knowledge yet Ofc the big question is.. does it shut down stations?
    Well... only time will tell.

*Chuckles in the background*

Added a third encounter video featuring looting in caustic cloud left behind by a destroyed Interceptor... it's hell in a Cutter because collector limpets die almost instantly.

But repair limpets can alleviate the degeneration somewhat, have it on you when you go in.

Btw, a silly question just occured to me, can you synth missiles for the Ax launcher like other missile launchers?

Originally Posted by GluttonyFang View Post (Source)
    Added a third encounter video featuring looting in caustic cloud left behind by a destroyed Interceptor... it's hell in a Cutter because collector limpets die almost instantly.

But repair limpets can alleviate the degeneration somewhat, have it on you when you go in.
    You can actually just wait until the cloud dissolves. I don't actually know how much time it takes, as i went for a tea and some snacks for 15-20 minutes, but it disappeared. Although only the heart left, two other material were destroyed.

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234569 ... LastLast