Page 179 of 182 FirstFirst ... 174177178179180181 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,685 of 2725

Thread: Alien archaeology and other mysteries: Breaking News, Theories and Tinfoil Hattery

Thargoids & Other Aliens...

Originally Posted by Yure View Post (Source)
    Thargoids & Other Aliens...
    Well it isn't like the Galaxy isn't full of Aliens

Guardian ruins
    Brain Trees
    Space Pumpkins
    Tube worms
    Bark Mounds

Numerous alien life in Rare goods

So we would have much more to find, just considering not all Aliens are Space-faring Technological civilizations

I clearly need to read Premonition again. The idea that Maaaaaaaahn could be one of the club just never occurred to me. Nor any of the leaders for that matter.

Originally Posted by Saool View Post (Source)
    I clearly need to read Premonition again. The idea that Maaaaaaaahn could be one of the club just never occurred to me. Nor any of the leaders for that matter.
    Had a bit of a re-read after Drew's posts.

Here's my current list:

Society - Edmund Mahon
    Personnel - Zemina Torval
    Finance - Ana Quin
    Exo - Sirius Hyperdrive Marketing Manager (Name unclear)
    And Infrastructure - Anders Blaine.

Originally Posted by Saool View Post (Source)
    It says: "Some of their faces would have been recognisable to many in the galaxy, with others being completely unknown."

We don't know that many powerful characters, so there is a fair chance that one or a couple are leaders.

I think it's fair to exclude those that are discussed in third person by the group of five. That would be at least Hudson, Patreus, ALD and Aisling.

I think Winters is Personell. The rest are more unclear.

So since Sirius Corp has failed to bring Ram Tah into the fold via more subtle means, AEGIS uses the fiasco to unilaterally "[deploy] a security force that will provide continual support" to Ram Tah while "allowing Ram Tah’s operation to remain completely independent". The last time this happened, the Federation deployed a "security force" to Maia in the form a Farragut Class battle-cruiser for Professor Palin's "safety". But we all know what that was really about. Anyone know what form this new "security force" has taken? Given what we currently know, and how "effective" AEGIS has been at fighting Thargoids, I am of the opinion that any AEGIS ships need to be driven from Meene or destroyed immediately before they gain an entrenched position.

But we all know what that was really about

Err, maybe we did, but I've certainly forgotten , care to remind me?

The Federation's interest in Palin was solely to ensure that he didn't discover or say anything that they didn't want him to. Positioning a Farragut Battle Cruiser overhead with it's weapons pointed at his base made sure of that. This was further proven when the Federation confiscated all of Palin's research data and materials gathered in response to Palin's request for Thargoid materials and data in late 3303. Culminating in the first confirmed Thargoid attack.

On another note, the recent announcement from Vitadyne Labs regarding their new nanomedicine is interesting. To quote, "Nanomeds are sophisticated pharmaceuticals that use nanoscale materials to repair cell damage on a molecular level."

On it's own, not too remarkable. However, the INRA logs at Velasquez Medical Research Center come to mind as well, "We tested the vaccine on some of the older samples, and while it doesn’t undo any existing damage, it does prevent the weapon from doing any further harm."

It seems to me that we could be seeing the development of an actual cure to the Mycoid Virus. Though the previous vaccine left any exposed Thargoids vulnerable, combined with this new nanomedicine, the repair and recovery of the Thargoid structures (and any other affected Thargoids or Thargoid tech) may be at hand.

Thanks for the reminder .

Interesting about the meds! But why would we be trying to cure them??

Originally Posted by Assimilator1 View Post (Source)
    Thanks for the reminder .

Interesting about the meds! But why would we be trying to cure them??
    "The enemy of my enemy is my friend." ?

Something worse than "usual" Thargoids is coming (AI or Klaxians).
    Contemplating if killing them en masse would be weakening our defense against incoming threats.

Also consider that other major news story out of Galnet is the formation of a new mega-corporation, Neomedical Industries, that will provide medicines and medical services throughout the Alliance and independent systems. Per Galnet they are now second in size only to Vandermeer Corporation which serves only the Federation. This means that they may possess the necessary resources to compete with Vandermeer in the event Vitadyne becomes available for sale. In the instance of sudden "financial difficulties" or the "unexpected" death of the company chairman or CEO for example.

Now, unless I'm mistaken, in the old lore the Alliance stole the Mycoid cure and and used it to ally themselves with the Thargoids. The Alliance has been doing who knows what out in the California Nebula for at least two years now. There hasn't been any Thargoid activity in that region that I'm aware of. But it would be a perfect spot to secretly develop a cure for Mycoid while everyone else is focused on the Pleiades. If this new Alliance based corporation were to acquire Vitadyne Labs' new nanomed tech, it would excellently position the Alliance to be able to complete development of and deploy a Mycoid cure. This could be the old lore becoming canon once more. But this is all just wild speculation after all.

Edit: Otherwise, as someone keenly pointed out over in the Discussion forums, it must be space legs! Because everything is a sign of imminent space legs.

Lol, I'd rather have landable atmos planets for what is a SPACE game!

Originally Posted by ExoForce View Post (Source)
    "The enemy of my enemy is my friend." ?

Something worse than "usual" Thargoids is coming (AI or Klaxians).
    Contemplating if killing them en masse would be weakening our defence against incoming threats.
    Good points

So, 3.3 dropped...

where will be the hotspot to search for a Thargoid Mothership?

(waiting since 2.4 for it)

Originally Posted by Shockbot View Post (Source)
    So, 3.3 dropped...

They mentioned something in a livestream. Not sure if that was serious hint or grammar issue?
    They said: "Damaged... Thargoid damaged megaships"

Originally Posted by Shockbot View Post (Source)
    So, 3.3 dropped...

Would be interesting if some of the active "thargoid bases" were now missing, craters in their place.