Page 3 of 182 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast

Thread: Alien archaeology and other mysteries: Breaking News, Theories and Tinfoil Hattery

Originally Posted by Alec Turner View Post (Source)
    Ozric, would this thread be the best place to direct people to as a starting point via the "Science and Mystery" section of my "Best of forum" thread? Feels about right since the OP can then send people off elsewhere.
    I honestly wouldn't bother mate. For reasons best known to themselves, Frontier have effectively neutered the 'Threadnaught', and whilst it was indeed a bit of a monster for a newcomer at least the front page contained everything you could possibly want to know. Me, I'd point them to https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...=1#post5575815, Rizal's sterling effort to keep everything accessible. Instead of the mess we have now. Are you reading this Frontier?

Originally Posted by Silent Pact View Post (Source)
    I honestly wouldn't bother mate. For reasons best known to themselves, Frontier have effectively neutered the 'Threadnaught', and whilst it was indeed a bit of a monster for a newcomer at least the front page contained everything you could possibly want to know.
    For what it's worth it's not Frontiers doing as far as I know but the forum moderators who have made the decision to re-organise the Canonn discussion into lots of separate threads.

Me, I'd point them to https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...=1#post5575815, Rizal's sterling effort to keep everything accessible. Instead of the mess we have now. Are you reading this Frontier?
    I am still pointing to that (and to the first 5 posts) for now but, since that discussion thread is now locked, Rizal will no longer be able to update it's OP.

Originally Posted by Alec Turner View Post (Source)

I am still pointing to that (and to the first 5 posts) for now but, since that discussion thread is now locked, Rizal will no longer be able to update it's OP.

Factabulous' 2.4 FAQ thread is a good source of info currently, if you haven't included it already.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...4-Thargoid-FAQ

Originally Posted by ape808 View Post (Source)
    Factabulous' 2.4 FAQ thread is a good source of info currently, if you haven't included it already.

Good call. I actually thought I had already included it but it turns out I hadn't. Now added. o7

I understand SP's despondency regarding the forum reorganization; but we've got to make this work, and I think this thread will indeed be the best place to start people off as an intro to this forum.

I'm sure Oz will update the FP from time to time with sub-links off to other 'choice' threads in this forum.

Originally Posted by LordZoltan View Post (Source)
    I understand SP's despondency regarding the forum reorganization; but we've got to make this work, and I think this thread will indeed be the best place to start people off as an intro to this forum.

I'm sure Oz will update the FP from time to time with sub-links off to other 'choice' threads in this forum.
    the trouble of the Cartesian approach comes when the interconnectivity of the mysteries becomes overwhelming. You really need a murder board approach, and forum threads aren't well suited to that. We shall see!

Originally Posted by Jorki Rasalas View Post (Source)
    the trouble of the Cartesian approach comes when the interconnectivity of the mysteries becomes overwhelming. You really need a murder board approach, and forum threads aren't well suited to that. We shall see!
    One thing I like about the new forum is that people can ask questions whuch perhaps have already been asked, or report things which have already been reported, as new threads whuch can die and not pollute a wider discussion thread.

Perhaps.

Originally Posted by ape808 View Post (Source)

This thread should be noted as sticky. Something like that is the best for start but can't see it easily. I just found it in this thread and even not at beggining. Something useful as that should be sticky so that everyone entering Aliens subforum could see it.

Can somebody crack the Victoria's Song for me? Why in the heavens would she state they're in orbit above planet A 7 A, when the Scout Crashsite is clearly on A 3 A. A bungle that big? I just can't see it. Maybe if it was text only, but voiceover?

Also, Aries Dark Region DB-X d1-63? Might have to make it my next destination after I comb A 7

Originally Posted by Gol Senz View Post (Source)
    Can somebody crack the Victoria's Song for me? Why in the heavens would she state they're in orbit above planet A 7 A, when the Scout Crashsite is clearly on A 3 A. A bungle that big? I just can't see it. Maybe if it was text only, but voiceover?

Also, Aries Dark Region DB-X d1-63? Might have to make it my next destination after I comb A 7

Victoria's Song has been there since 2.3.10, when the alien ground strctures were discovered. The system mentioned in it's logs has one. Not sure if anything was found on a 7 though.

The link to the new crash site is possibly due to a bug, where scanning one poi in a system can sometimes reveal them all. That bug is also how the new giant barnacle was discovered.

Originally Posted by Gol Senz View Post (Source)

I think you will find planet A 7 A in Aries Dark Region DB-X d1-63

Victoia's song has moved since the attack iirc

Originally Posted by Dr Phibes View Post (Source)
    I think you will find planet A 7 A in Aries Dark Region DB-X d1-63

Victoia's song has moved since the attack iirc
    So it got attacked and then jumped to the scout system?

[role play on]

System:
    Hyades sector AQ-Y d81The Canonn Research Megaship, the Gnosis, had arrived to the system just less than 48 hours before. All the independent pilots that had docked with it to go along the ride had long time ago departed, starting their own research on the Thargoids and other mysteries present in the Pleiades. The traffic through the station soon became quite heavy, but nothing that the megaship was unable to handle.

"Delacy Mike, Viktor, Oscar, its good to see you again, Commander. Please request docking on your approach and be wary of..."
    "Canonn megaship Gnosis, this is commander Volgrand requesting emergency dock."
    "Understood, proceed to docking bay 8. Status report."
    "Corrosive hull damage, its eating my ship apart! Prepare to receive me, I have important cargo for the Institute!"

In a matter of minutes the repair drones were in the docking port. Volgrand's ship, a Cobra MKIII almost crash-docked into the bay, securing the magnetic clamps immediatly. The bots did their job flawlessly, using a chemical compound to neutralize the Thargoid corrosive products and starting repairs. The orange cobra MKIII, "Radiance", had obviously sustained heavy damage during a very long engagement, but once again had proven its value surviving impossible odds.

Once the ship was clean, tthe docking bay descended into the megaship's inerior bay, allowing Volgrand to finally step out of his ship. The Commander had a few hits and bruises in he face, but despite that he seemed in good health, but very tired. As he secured his mag boots in the Gnosis "floor" (an interesting concept in space), he opened the holographic projector from his Remlock Suit's arm, where a woman's face appeared.

"Thank you very much, control".
    "What have you been doing, cmdr?"
    "Inform the science team to prepare the secure laboratories, I brought something for them."
    "What is it, commander?"

As he was saying that, a limpet drone from the Gnosis went to the "Radiance"'s cargo bay, slowly pulling a very large biological object. Issuing few orders with the projector, the drone moved the Thargoid Heart into a metal box that was nearby.

"I've got them a Thargoid Heart."

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

[/Role play off]

Alright, scientists, I've got a Thargoid Heart! What tests shall we do?

[QUOTE=M. Volgrand;5971278][role play on]

System:
    Hyades sector AQ-Y d81The Canonn R...

"Delacy Mike, Viktor, Oscar, its good to see you again, Commander. Please request docking on your approach and be wary of..."

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

[/Role play off]

Alright, scientists, I've got a Thargoid Heart! What tests shall we do?[/QUOT

You deluded fool.......if you really want the Thargoids "True Love" you need all four

*****wanders off singing " for love i'll give my heart to you, but then i'll have none and you'll have two...."****

[QUOTE=NorMonsta;5971297]
    Originally Posted by M. Volgrand View Post (Source)
    [role play on]

System:
    Hyades sector AQ-Y d81The Canonn R...

[/Role play off]

Alright, scientists, I've got a Thargoid Heart! What tests shall we do?[/QUOT

You deluded fool.......if you really want the Thargoids "True Love" you need all four

*****wanders off singing " for love i'll give my heart to you, but then i'll have none and you'll have two...."****
    Haha I was busy enough killing one to actually stop collecting all four. Plus, I don't have corrosive resistant cargo racks.

Page 3 of 182 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast