Page 5 of 182 FirstFirst ... 3456710 ... LastLast

Thread: Alien archaeology and other mysteries: Breaking News, Theories and Tinfoil Hattery

Originally Posted by Gol Senz View Post (Source)
    Can somebody crack the Victoria's Song for me? Why in the heavens would she state they're in orbit above planet A 7 A, when the Scout Crashsite is clearly on A 3 A. A bungle that big? I just can't see it. Maybe if it was text only, but voiceover?

Also, Aries Dark Region DB-X d1-63? Might have to make it my next destination after I comb A 7
    Originally Posted by ape808 View Post (Source)
    Victoria's Song has been there since 2.3.10, when the alien ground strctures were discovered. The system mentioned in it's logs has one. Not sure if anything was found on a 7 though.

The link to the new crash site is possibly due to a bug, where scanning one poi in a system can sometimes reveal them all. That bug is also how the new giant barnacle was discovered.
    I was looking at this yesterday after visiting the Victoria's Song, and it seems that it is in the "wrong" system now for the logs that you can scan and listen to.

The series of logs talk about hitting the mother lode on A-7-A but this is not meant to be the current system. The next message the commander talks about how they're going to put ARIES DARK REGION DB-X d1-63 on the map. So the planet was for that system and not where they are currently at.

I headed there and this is what you can find and the location:
    An Unknown structure at co-ords 25, 78

The crashed thargoid ship being found was as a result of a bug that's now been patched. Apparently when you scanned the data points on the Victoria's Song, it also revealed that POI on the nearby planet. The same happened if you scanned a barnacle, it'd reveal all of the other barnacle sites and unknown structures in the systems. All a bit unfortunate really

Originally Posted by spameroo View Post (Source)
    Do we have a way to get this info edited into the first posts of one or more of the stickies in this forum?

I'd been asking if something like it was happening, and I just saw someone asking the same thing on one of the other stickies. I don't know who (if anyone) is in charge of updating the FPs of the new "multithreaded" threadnought, but I feel like a lot of other people have also been looking for this kind of initiative. CIRG are the ones to do it, but need people to know it's there before they can start submitting reports.
    PM Ozric or Patau as they own the first 2 posts - see what they want to do. Either they need to own the updating like Rizal did on the threadnaught, or they need to allow the mods to reassign the post to someone else. No shared ownership AFAIK. Then you need to get into the conversation of who is going to own the FP...

Originally Posted by AndyJ View Post (Source)
    I was looking at this yesterday after visiting the Victoria's Song, and it seems that it is in the "wrong" system now for the logs that you can scan and listen to.
    There are three Survey Vessels, all were part of the finding of the first US, and all point to other systems. There was no reason to search the locations where they were found (even if they were I don't know we would have found the scout without the scanning 'feature'). Wonder why FD put the scout under the ship - unless the Thargoids were the ones who took out the survey vessels - we've been assuming it was the Black Flight trying to keep the secret - maybe it was the Thargoids?

Could be worth looking around the other Survey Vessels as they may also have been taken out by early Thargoid actions (and they might 'date' the Scout).

Pandora: https://canonn.science/codex/survey-vessel-pandora/
    Stargazer: https://canonn.science/codex/survey-vessel-stargazer/

Edit: I checked Pandora to see if other POI appeared soon after the first was found, nothing showed up but then again I didn't get the POI for the first...

Originally Posted by Factabulous View Post (Source)
    There are three Survey Vessels, all were part of the finding of the first US, and all point to other systems. There was no reason to search the locations where they were found (even if they were I don't know we would have found the scout without the scanning 'feature'). Wonder why FD put the scout under the ship - unless the Thargoids were the ones who took out the survey vessels - we've been assuming it was the Black Flight trying to keep the secret - maybe it was the Thargoids?

Could be worth looking around the other Survey Vessels as they may also have been taken out by early Thargoid actions (and they might 'date' the Scout).

Pandora: https://canonn.science/codex/survey-vessel-pandora/
    Stargazer: https://canonn.science/codex/survey-vessel-stargazer/

Edit: I checked Pandora to see if other POI appeared soon after the first was found, nothing showed up but then again I didn't get the POI for the first...
    I feel the survey vessel Victoria's Song is not an old ship as it talks about the Federation making the first moves out to the Pleiades and the Captain wants in on the ground level.

My guess is the detected the TS at ARIES DARK REGION DB-X d1-63 and carried on their mission, and were in the process of surveying HIP 17125 when the Black Flight caught up with them

I think the scout is from the first war and the POI might have been there before Victoria's Song

Originally Posted by Vasious View Post (Source)
    I feel the survey vessel Victoria's Song is not an old ship as it talks about the Federation making the first moves out to the Pleiades and the Captain wants in on the ground level.

My guess is the detected the TS at ARIES DARK REGION DB-X d1-63 and carried on their mission, and were in the process of surveying HIP 17125 when the Black Flight caught up with them

I think the scout is from the first war and the POI might have been there before Victoria's Song
    I agree - that is the accepted theory, but it's quite a coincidence to find the scout there. If the thargoids attacked and a scout crashed during the attack then that would explain both the messages and the crash. Though it doesn't sound like the survey vessel was fighting back. Good to not get too fixated on a single theory.

Well, after three expeditions, one thargoid hyperdiction evasion and 124 Thargoid Sensors shipped in-anger, this happened today.

Hoorj.

44 units of Thargoid Sensor still smarts too...

Originally Posted by Jmanis View Post (Source)
    Well, after three expeditions, one thargoid hyperdiction evasion and 124 Thargoid Sensors shipped in-anger, this happened today.

https://i.imgur.com/1pRSflW.png

Hoorj.

44 units of Thargoid Sensor still smarts too...

Congrats Cmdr! o7

no idea if i am first to this barnicle....not far from the barnicle forest on Hyades sector aq-y d81 c2

single barnicle, co ords 14.3768, -151.7671 in a canyon.

no pics sorry , i am a luddite and don't know how to get them off xbox to computer.

no doult of no significance like the forest....but I found it !!(maybe even first!!!)

201 km from forrest...and ripe(?)

only one but its showing twice on my nav panel

oook....now that i hav e flown away there are three barnis showing on planets...so obvious not the first...but they were not showing when i approached the planet...game plays weird sometimes

On approach that Barney Forest at AQ-Y D81 sure brings to mind the Alien (Thargoid) sites from earlier (The glow as you approach, and the pattern appearing on the surface).

If so, it could get crowded in the Pleiadies!

is there a place we can hear the known audio sounds of the thargoid interceptors? i want to try and see if by using a density filter that we get a better result maybe a sonogram.

Hi Ozric ... just wanted to say, despite loving the old megathread, I think you're doing a grand job with all the new Aliens sticky threads!

Just had my first thargoid hyperdiction in system Pleiades sector DL-Y D68 about 10 minutes ago, I did manage to launch my fighter before systems went down but alas it was my NPC not me in it. And I managed to scan it with the x-o scanner thing and launch a bunch of rockets before it jumped, you know for science!!! But alas no video or pics because now I have some not so nice BROWN PANTS......

CMDR WARDSE

I submitted the one hyperdiction I had earlier this evening to the form, looks like the first one too! I was heading back to the bubble from the Witch Head region and was hyperdicted about 215ly from Merope but not on the side towards the human bubble...anyway that's a pretty decent distance and much more than I thought was previously possible or likely.

Anyone already tried to put an Alien heart in the alien device of the alien bases?

Originally Posted by TimWellens View Post (Source)
    Anyone already tried to put an Alien heart in the alien device of the alien bases?
    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...id-settelement

Page 5 of 182 FirstFirst ... 3456710 ... LastLast