Page 137 of 143 FirstFirst ... 127133134135136137138139140141 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 2140

Thread: Alien archaeology and other mysteries: Breaking News, Theories and Tinfoil Hattery

  1. #2041
    Originally Posted by Davanix View Post (Source)
    NGC 3603 LOOK IT UP! Iv posted this numerous times with ignorance for each time :-(
    If you're referring to the NGC 3603 Sector, it's about 160 degrees in the wrong direction. So, no, it's not pointing there.

  2. #2042
    Originally Posted by Tomtom View Post (Source)
    If you're referring to the NGC 3603 Sector, it's about 160 degrees in the wrong direction. So, no, it's not pointing there.
    however your not directly behind the satellite either.......

    Otherwise your pointing at either blua eoq or the darkness

  3. #2043
    Originally Posted by Davanix View Post (Source)
    however your not directly behind the satellite either.......

    Otherwise your pointing at either blua eoq or the darkness
    If I'm pointing directly face on to the dish, then whatever the dish is pointing at is directly behind me. NGC 3603 Sector isn't in that direction. NGC 3603 Sector (and BLUA EOQ) are behind the dish, not in front of it. I promise.

  4. #2044
    Originally Posted by Tomtom View Post (Source)
    If I'm pointing directly face on to the dish, then whatever the dish is pointing at is directly behind me. NGC 3603 Sector isn't in that direction. NGC 3603 Sector (and BLUA EOQ) are behind the dish, not in front of it. I promise.
    Oh sorry i completely got that wrong can you go behind it then and post a screenshot? lol my bad

    Maybe V785 or polaris

  5. #2045
    Originally Posted by Davanix View Post (Source)
    Oh sorry i completely got that wrong can you go behind it then and post a screenshot? lol my bad

    Maybe V785 or polaris
    It's not so easy from behind as you can't see the dish and the receiver thingy to line up with, but following some meticulously careful flying I think I have it. I also made a composite showing both those systems:



    The orange dot is, to the very best of my ability, where I believe the dish is pointing. As Polaris can't be selected as a target (due to permit required) I used the WREDGUIA system right next door, which is only a couple of pixels out at this distance. It's close, but not quite right. This could be due to small error in my positioning (see edit below), but I personally don't think so - I really wanted it to be Polaris so I made multiple attempts! Either way, I think it's safe to say V785 isn't the target anyway (and notice how the compass thinks that V785 is right behind me when clearly it isn't - anybody know why some systems do that but others don't?).


    And that's all you're getting for now as the good ship Mathematics has been put to bed, and I have to introduce a cheeky bottle of wine to the cheesy pizza I just ate.

    EDIT:

    After making fresh measurements with bright morning eyes, now I'm not so sure - Polaris could indeed be the target. Pity we can't go there yet.

  6. #2046
    Originally Posted by Tomtom View Post (Source)
    It's not so easy from behind as you can't see the dish and the receiver thingy to line up with, but following some meticulously careful flying I think I have it. I also made a composite showing both those systems:



    The orange dot is, to the very best of my ability, where I believe the dish is pointing. As Polaris can't be selected as a target (due to permit required) I used the WREDGUIA system right next door, which is only a couple of pixels out at this distance. It's close, but not quite right. This could be due to small error in my positioning, but I personally don't think so - I really wanted it to be Polaris so I made multiple attempts! Either way, I think it's safe to say V785 isn't the target anyway.


    And that's all you're getting for now as the good ship Mathematics has been put to bed, and I have to introduce a cheeky bottle of wine to the cheesy pizza I just ate.
    Good work anyways Worth the alcohol in the end lol

  7. #2047
    I've been away from the guardian area of space for some time now but as I recall brain trees at the time were only found in ejecta craters, but I've just landed in a grove of them not in any kind of crater. I thought the POI might be some silicate geysers I could farm for mats. Is this something new or has it been already been known for a while? Are brain trees starting to spread like crabgrass?

    Synuefe GT-H B4-1 C4
    0.7705
    30.6969

  8. #2048
    Originally Posted by Clobbertime View Post (Source)
    I've been away from the guardian area of space for some time now but as I recall brain trees at the time were only found in ejecta craters, but I've just landed in a grove of them not in any kind of crater. I thought the POI might be some silicate geysers I could farm for mats. Is this something new or has it been already been known for a while? Are brain trees starting to spread like crabgrass?

    Synuefe GT-H B4-1 C4
    0.7705
    30.6969
    Can you do a screenshot of the surface map to show where they are? They’re also known to appear in the ejecta lines from ejecta craters, but obviously it’s generally easier to just go straight to the middle of the crater. Will be very interesting if the one you’ve found is somewhere completely different!

  9. #2049
    I've edited my post above with regards to New Horizons - making new observations with bright morning eyes is making me think that Polaris might be the target after all. It would be nice if somebody else could make some observations to help confirm or deny this!

  10. #2050
    Originally Posted by Tomtom View Post (Source)
    I've edited my post above with regards to New Horizons - making new observations with bright morning eyes is making me think that Polaris might be the target after all. It would be nice if somebody else could make some observations to help confirm or deny this!
    Polaris? That is... highly irregular. Anyone have New Horizons IRL flight/monitoring plan? Before we call it, it needs to be ruled out. If it is Polaris though...

  11. #2051
    Originally Posted by Thatchinho View Post (Source)
    Can you do a screenshot of the surface map to show where they are? They’re also known to appear in the ejecta lines from ejecta craters, but obviously it’s generally easier to just go straight to the middle of the crater. Will be very interesting if the one you’ve found is somewhere completely different!
    There is a large ejecta crater a few thousand KMs away so that's probably it.

  12. #2052
    I'm beginning to think something is up in this region of space. The last planet I was on I came across a grove of brain trees outside of an ejecta crater, which I had not heard of the last time I was in the guardians area of space, back before the first quest could be finished in solo because of all the bugs. Thatchinho was kind enough to let me know they are sometimes found outside the craters but within the are of the ejecta lines, which would explain that, but now I've come across something that seems even stranger to me, but again I may just be out of the loop. After leaving the planet with the brain trees I hopped two systems over to HIP 37610 since I do like to check out HIP systems, many of them are crowded with stars, black holes, and such, making them interesting to check out. This one does have a black hole and some brown dwarfs featuring large rings, and one landable planet with volcanism and silicate vapor geysers. I drop in to locate some geysers to gather mats from but instead I come across something I never though I'd see without visiting Mahon Station, a large patch of space pumpkins! Last I heard Mahon was the only place to find those, but again, I may just be out of the loop and unaware they are also in other parts of the galaxy. There is no pesky base nearby fining you for violating the no fire zone so I harvested some mats and came here to make this post.
    HIP 37610 A 6 C A
    -1.4054
    140.8423
    Can't help but wonder what I'll find the next time I drop down to a planet to harvest silicate geysers, bark mounds or barnacles?

  13. #2053
    I'm beginning to think something is up in this region of space. The last planet I was on I came across a grove of brain trees outside of an ejecta crater, which I had not heard of the last time I was in the guardians area of space, back before the first quest could be finished in solo because of all the bugs. Thatchinho was kind enough to let me know they are sometimes found outside the craters but within the area of the ejecta lines, which would explain that, but now I've come across something that seems even stranger to me, but again I may just be out of the loop. After leaving the planet with the brain trees I hopped two systems over to HIP 37610 since I do like to check out HIP systems, many of them are crowded with stars, black holes, and such, making them interesting to check out. This one does have a black hole and some brown dwarfs featuring large rings, and one landable planet with volcanism and silicate vapor geysers. I drop in to locate some geysers to gather mats from but instead I come across something I never though I'd see without visiting Mahon Station, a large patch of space pumpkins! Last I heard Mahon was the only place to find those, but again, I may just be out of the loop and unaware they are also in other parts of the galaxy. There is no pesky base nearby fining you for violating the no fire zone so I harvested some mats and came here to make this post.
    HIP 37610 A 6 C A
    -1.4054
    140.8423
    Can't help but wonder what I'll find the next time I drop down to a planet to harvest silicate geysers, bark mounds or barnacles?

  14. #2054
    Originally Posted by Clobbertime View Post (Source)
    I come across something I never though I'd see without visiting Mahon Station, a large patch of space pumpkins! Last I heard Mahon was the only place to find those, but again, I may just be out of the loop and unaware they are also in other parts of the galaxy. There is no pesky base nearby fining you for violating the no fire zone so I harvested some mats and came here to make this post.
    HIP 37610 A 6 C A
    -1.4054
    140.8423
    WOW! I was just 100ly away scouting for Guardian Structures, so I jumped in to check. Man, that is incredible find! Congratulations!
    I will post it to our volcanic thread, I am sure people will love the news. ( https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...=1#post6626296 )






  15. #2055
    Second site of space pumpkins? That's great find. It was a bit of a mystery why only one planet in California Sector had them. Also I just love space pumpkins, they look funny.