Page 154 of 155 FirstFirst ... 144150151152153154155 LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 2313

Thread: Alien archaeology and other mysteries: Breaking News, Theories and Tinfoil Hattery

Originally Posted by Alec Turner View Post (Source)
    Not really a mystery or entirely new but I thought you chaps might be interested in this. I went to the Betterton Outpost attacked settlement this morning and when I arrived there was a black Thargoid hyperspace cloud right over the site. If I tried to approach the base my ship got pushed away from it and into the ground (nearly lost it at one point) but I was able to land nearby and then drive the SRV underneath it. Sorry, screenshot doesn't really do it justice and I probably should have taken video to capture the way the black cloud moved and emitted tendrils because it was quite entrancing.

A subsequent re-log reset the instance to a more standard Thargoid ship arrival and scan scenario.
    Interesting to note the surrounding terrain in the outpost actually looks very similar to "damage" at some Thargoid structures.... noting some of these sites (presumably) have nothing to do with the Mycoid virus.

Another semi-interesting (if hard to make out) screenshot of me flying right through the middle of a Thargoid witch-space tunnel after following a departing ship away from a planetary base.

Zoom in on the original image to see all the criss-crossing lines.

Is there any recent breaking news? I've kind of lost track of the whole thargoid thing. New scout ok but was there something at Deciat 4 or not? And the incursion into the bubble, is it actually going anywhere or we don't know?

Thanks.

Originally Posted by crushdepth View Post (Source)
    Is there any recent breaking news? I've kind of lost track of the whole thargoid thing. New scout ok but was there something at Deciat 4 or not? And the incursion into the bubble, is it actually going anywhere or we don't know?

Thanks.
    News just in:

https://community.elitedangerous.com...932974af7b1815

Crazy Guardian Cult declares war on Thargoid Cult

Originally Posted by crushdepth View Post (Source)

Thanks.
    The link signal that pointed towards Deciat 4 did not work anymore in the second week. The link just pointed nowhere. Therefore most believe that it was bug. Of course it could mean that anything that was down there is not there anymore. I am not aware of any other leads at the moment. If anyone still has the corresponding signal, I hope that they check Deciat 4 one last time.

I think they are heading towards either Transmitter VJS-81, in HR 6890 system, or Wreaken Construction, in Ega system. They want something, or are being called. Not sure if Deciat incursion was only because of traffic of meta-alloys into the system. I would keep an eye on Nommai.

Originally Posted by Chiggi View Post (Source)
    The link signal that pointed towards Deciat 4 did not work anymore in the second week. The link just pointed nowhere. Therefore most believe that it was bug. Of course it could mean that anything that was down there is not there anymore. I am not aware of any other leads at the moment. If anyone still has the corresponding signal, I hope that they check Deciat 4 one last time.
    Isn't that normal behaviour though? I thought the Thargoid Structures monitored by the Eagle Eye stations changed each week, so the fact it no longer points to Deciat 4 is just normal?

Originally Posted by Jmanis View Post (Source)
    Isn't that normal behaviour though? I thought the Thargoid Structures monitored by the Eagle Eye stations changed each week, so the fact it no longer points to Deciat 4 is just normal?
    Yes but the test has been done with the old signal.

This may be old news but the behaviour of interceptors scanning you have changed, when I don't know.

It used to be that when they scanned you and you had something of interest they would stay 'looking' at you, and move towards you as though prodding you to drop what you had. Now they rotate in place for a bit before getting hostile.

Anyone else noticed this?

Originally Posted by Steed View Post (Source)
    This may be old news but the behaviour of interceptors scanning you have changed, when I don't know.

It used to be that when they scanned you and you had something of interest they would stay 'looking' at you, and move towards you as though prodding you to drop what you had. Now they rotate in place for a bit before getting hostile.

Anyone else noticed this?
    I have noticed this as well.. in the last few weeks (while hopping around the Merope region) if I had a Thargoid sensor or probe in my hold, the Interceptor almost seems stunned for a few seconds after scanning me, then they recover and get all shooty.

Originally Posted by Magik0012 View Post (Source)
    I have noticed this as well.. in the last few weeks (while hopping around the Merope region) if I had a Thargoid sensor or probe in my hold, the Interceptor almost seems stunned for a few seconds after scanning me, then they recover and get all shooty.
    Stunned is the word I'd use as well.

I was also carrying a probe/sensor. Did you have any guardian tech installed? I had an fsd booster, haven't tested without.

Originally Posted by Steed View Post (Source)
    Stunned is the word I'd use as well.

I was also carrying a probe/sensor. Did you have any guardian tech installed? I had an fsd booster, haven't tested without.
    I have several Guardian modules and some Guardian weapons. The only time I've gotten this reaction tho is when I have have Thargoid probe/sensors in my cargo hold.

Heres the latest thread ive seen detailing the thargoid-cargo interactions from the very helpful Jmanis:

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...ions-Revisited

Originally Posted by El_Hefe View Post (Source)
    Heres the latest thread ive seen detailing the thargoid-cargo interactions from the very helpful Jmanis:

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...ions-Revisited
    It's worth noting that the contents of that are fairly out-of-date, though my understanding is for the most part they hold. I definitely haven't put in any effort to verify and keep it up to date.

Originally Posted by Jmanis View Post (Source)
    It's worth noting that the contents of that are fairly out-of-date, though my understanding is for the most part they hold. I definitely haven't put in any effort to verify and keep it up to date.
    Ah OK. What Majik and I have seen is different. The interceptor didn't hold the 350m distance after they scan you with a sensor/probe, they slowly spin in place before becoming hostile. You can boost away and jump out before they do.
    Can't confirm it happens with every interceptor, I was in and out of uss and didn't keep a note of what happened with each.