Page 52 of 61 FirstFirst ... 42484950515253545556 ... LastLast

Thread: Alien archaeology and other mysteries: Breaking News, Theories and Tinfoil Hattery

Wasn't sure how else to notify the Canonn, but I noticed that their Codex page on Megaships (https://canonn.science/codex/megaships/) was missing four:

-Henry Class Bulk Cargo Ship, Itzam Nawe (planet AB 2)

-Hercules Class Bulk Cargo Ship ALL-4659, Flight Plan: Gateway, Tambe, Purui Hari, Olwain, Akhelios, Alcor (last seen in Alcor, current location unknown)

-Naphtha Class Tanker FKS-981, Flight Plan: Okinura, Arinack, Bandizel, Saranyu, Gyton's Hope, Tollan (last seen in Tollan, current location unknown)

-Sagan Class Tourist Ship TEL-121, IC 1805 Sector DQ-Y e3 (don't know if it has a flight plan or not)

Originally Posted by M. Volgrand View Post (Source)
    While I love this theory, from an storytelling point of view, I see a huge flaw: There are survivors from these attacks. If there were really human ships with alien weapons, they would say so, it would have appeared in Galnet. I remember a local galnet news saying how a pilot was rescued after his ship was destroyed by thargoids.

So, either they are some branch of the Thargoids attacking the humans, or the alliance managed to created a ship so filled with alien tech that doesn't look human anymore.
    OR a thargoid ship was captured, repaired and is crewed by the Dark Flight/Club etc and is destroying human ships to foment war..... we know that Mic Turner had lots of wrecked ships in his workshop. In previous games we had at least one captured goid ship, & even had one given as a mission reward......

ninjad!
    Canonn Interstellar Research - for the science!
    "In theory, theory & practice are identical; in practice they are not."
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_method
    RearAdm Jorki (Duke of) Rasalas: Dangerous-Elite-Elite
    Non pascebatis dulcia ad Thargoids - fiunt hiveractive!

Originally Posted by Commdor View Post (Source)
    Wasn't sure how else to notify the Canonn, but I noticed that their Codex page on Megaships (https://canonn.science/codex/megaships/) was missing four:

-Hercules Class Bulk Cargo Ship ALL-4659, Flight Plan: Gateway, Tambe, Purui Hari, Olwain, Akhelios, Alcor (last seen in Alcor, current location unknown)

-Naphtha Class Tanker FKS-981, Flight Plan: Okinura, Arinack, Bandizel, Saranyu, Gyton's Hope, Tollan (last seen in Tollan, current location unknown)

-Sagan Class Tourist Ship TEL-121, IC 1805 Sector DQ-Y e3 (don't know if it has a flight plan or not)
    Cmdrs Nick Powell and RedWizzard and Delmonte are Canonn councillors, you could pm one of them as they don't pop up very often here.

A tasty post!

Originally Posted by Moribus View Post (Source)
    the first UA's were discovered in the bubble being hauled by Federal convoys.
    Yes. For quite awhile, that's how you got them.

[snip]

Core Dynamics has been involved from the start, they backed President Hudson and benefitted from his military buildup programmes, they also had fingers in the disappearance of Spaceship One.
    Where is Federation President Halsey? Are these the "super-intelligent beings" she met? Did she go back in the booby hatch or has she vanished? If not, why hasn't she commented on these aliens?

[snip]

Then we have the Federal entry into the Pleiades "protecting" the MA supply lines, but apparently that didn't really work and was widely ridiculed from the start as a crazy idea. Then we had dozens of "thargoid" attacks on specifically and only Federal ships in the Pleiades
    Yes. Things are definitely escalating now with finding a lot of trashed Cutters, but in the beginning it was only Feds.

[snip]

Certainly there's been a few articles on Galnet that comment on how a public figure suddenly changed their mind about something, or stopped doing something, or started doing something - is that just human nature, or signs of a deep infiltration by aliens (maybe Thargioid 'seeds'?).
    Reminds me of Freelancer's Nomads:

[snip]

Where has literally ALL the old Thargoid research gone? It's only been 50 years yet it seems that everything humanity used to know about them has just vanished.
    This has been bothering me also. If these are the Thargoids we met before, how come no one's tried to talk to them with that nifty translator that was given to us by the Thargoids?

plus ++rep quit making good posts :/
    A new life awaits you in the offworld colonies. The chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Since RedWizzard pointed it out, I've become more bothered by the lack of Thargoid debris in every encounter a Commander has had and been able to destroy one.

Perhaps if they looked like fluffy spores or a jellyfish or something... even a rotifer or a tardigrade would leave parts/chunks. The Flower Ships are demonstrably complex. So they disintegrate, leaving behind a Heart and a couple new mats? It doesn't make sense. Do they have a sulphuric acid analog for blood?

Plus the Federation and the Empire both pulling out of the Pleiades... who knows what?
    A new life awaits you in the offworld colonies. The chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Originally Posted by relayer View Post (Source)
    Since RedWizzard pointed it out, I've become more bothered by the lack of Thargoid debris in every encounter a Commander has had and been able to destroy one.

Perhaps if they looked like fluffy spores or a jellyfish or something... even a rotifer or a tardigrade would leave parts/chunks. The Flower Ships are demonstrably complex. So they disintegrate, leaving behind a Heart and a couple new mats? It doesn't make sense. Do they have a sulphuric acid analog for blood?
    Ummm...they leave a stonking big hunk of dead thargoid ship and some smaller pieces when they die along with the heart and materials. I posted some close-up photos of the wreckage left in the close up pics thread.

Originally Posted by Commdor View Post (Source)

I've added the two with known location over here: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...19#post6028419

I can't decide if I already have the other two in my list but with the wrong location.

(new Buckyball race from 21 - 29 October : click banner for full race details)

Here's a theory...

From the log on the GCS Sarasvati: "the Thargoids didn't leave. Not all of them, at least."
    If they didn't leave, where were they? Well, according to the old lore, the Alliance appeared between the end of the first Thargoid war and now. And it was the Alliance that initiated peaceful relations with the Thargoids, and provided them with the mycoid vaccine. Clearly the Alliance leadership are secretly all Thargoids!

(No I'm not serious)

Originally Posted by RedWizzard View Post (Source)
    Here's a theory...

From the log on the GCS Sarasvati: "the Thargoids didn't leave. Not all of them, at least."
    If they didn't leave, where were they?
    They were running the Federation, obvs: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...=1#post6027367

So, anyone think Janus Corp. Medical Research Centre is related to the current storyline? "Janus" fits in with the mythological motif favored by the shadow group.

Here's the listening post log, via Canonn's report:

Listening post : HIP 105408 2 b

My name…Tommy…l was…big journey…out to see…stars…something wrong…escape pods launched…they found us…or was it them…no, no I’m fine…no drugs…darkness and dreams…bright light in my eyes…experimenting on people… using progenitor cells and other…worse…kinds of procedures…they say…is it…to slow aging… don’t believe them……not sure how…l got away…was sure they would find me. Some big corporate facility, I… If you are hearing this they…l can’t go back…research installation…3…Gas giant…HI…P 106288… heIp us…

Cruise liner passengers abducted in deep space and held as test subjects. The log states "they found us…or was it them"... could this be a "thargoid" abduction?

I notice that the discovered installation is marked "Site B" - so there should be a "Site A" somewhere?

Full album of logs here: https://imgur.com/a/fwUcc

Originally Posted by ape808 View Post (Source)
    they found us…or was it them
    Sounds like he was unsure if it's the Thargoids under the aspect of "It could be the Thargoids...or this other alien race that exists" - far fetched, but it's an interpretation.

What happened after the Kamadhenu CGs? Did we get the three extra waystations to Colonia? I can't recall seeing any station/system names in Galnet or the Newsletter

Originally Posted by Jorki Rasalas View Post (Source)
    What happened after the Kamadhenu CGs? Did we get the three extra waystations to Colonia? I can't recall seeing any station/system names in Galnet or the Newsletter
    Galnet 15th September: “Thanks to the hard work of the galaxy’s independent pilots, construction of the first starport is almost complete, work on the second is well underway and construction of the third will begin soon.”

http://ed.frank-heinrich.net/index.p...aign_Concludes

Where they are though idk exactly, it didn't say.

Where they are though idk exactly, it didn't say.
    I am making my way to Colonia, so will have a look tonight. Completely forgot about that. Objects like stations can be added now fairly quickly so maybe it is out there already...

Page 52 of 61 FirstFirst ... 42484950515253545556 ... LastLast