Page 10 of 96 FirstFirst ... 58910111215 ... LastLast

Thread: Guardians Discussions

Originally Posted by ModishNouns View Post (Source)
    Do ruins not show up in Nav within 1000ls? I'm sure the ones in Skaudai did for me.
    They do, but what I have done since yesterday would take me weeks to check if I would need to approach everything suitable to 1000ls.
    Still it takes ages to check specific area but you can do it like this: https://youtu.be/zIhbu_AYmDU

Originally Posted by b0rys View Post (Source)
    I found a new Guardian bubble in EORL AUWSY AA-A H72, 21k LY from Sol.

https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDanger...aa_h72_nebula/

3 ruins on 2 planets so far

EORL AUWSY SY-Z D13-3468 ABC 1 H
    -20.5504 -33.1485 type Alpha
    https://imgur.com/LrxyQbi

EORL AUWSY SY-Z D13-3861 3 C
    -2.4792 101.1338 type Gamma
    https://imgur.com/a/dddhX
    28.1137 89.0494 type Beta
    https://imgur.com/a/avBAc
    ... and if you'd checked the other planets in those systems you would have found another 3

I've reported the one on Eorl Auwsy SY-Z d13-3861 4 C, but need to go back to the other and log the ones there. Nice work though, great to have more Guardian Areas

Originally Posted by ModishNouns View Post (Source)
    Do ruins not show up in Nav within 1000ls? I'm sure the ones in Skaudai did for me.
    Better way is 'point and look'. If you just point your ship at planets the 'Ancient Ruins' text will pop up at any distance (as long as you have not targeted the planet). (Baton's ninjery video is a better explanation)

Originally Posted by Baton View Post (Source)
    This is what I am saying, to find ruins we need to check the ejecta craters, much easier and quicker, the nebulae I am in - I did check almost 400 systems now and there is only one with Ancient Ruins, but any suitable candidate I checked has brain trees.
    I did try to find ruins in Wregoe, as BT have been found there, but gave up. I guess we can use lack of BT to rule areas out, but finding BT doesn't make it easy to find the ruins.

Originally Posted by Factabulous View Post (Source)
    I did try to find ruins in Wregoe, as BT have been found there, but gave up. I guess we can use lack of BT to rule areas out, but finding BT doesn't make it easy to find the ruins.
    Yep, the Prai Hypoo ones, I found them in 4th system I checked, I am closing 400 now and nothing, so it takes huge luck to find them quickly, BT's can be more than 50ly away, this means 100's of systems or probably 1000's in dense areas...

We knew that for a while. What is new that this time we found the brain trees first than the ruins based on that. I did hope finding trees will provide an easier method to find Ancient Ruins as typically there is much more trees and they are easier to find as they always exist is ejecta craters on bodies matching specific criterias.
    It is not like Ancient Ruins exist in each nebula, I did check maybe 10 of them in last couple of weeks with no luck.
    That's an interesting observation, I'll keep that in mind. It makes me wonder if there's a special property of the nebula that guardian ruins prefer, like color or ratio of hydrogen to metals.

Originally Posted by Factabulous View Post (Source)

I gave the Wregoe area a good search myself, but found nothing. There's a crapload of non-main sequence stars in the area. There's still a chance something is hiding in there somewhere.

They do, but what I have done since yesterday would take me weeks to check if I would need to approach everything suitable to 1000ls.
    Still it takes ages to check specific area but you can do it like this: https://youtu.be/zIhbu_AYmDU
    That's cool, thank you. Have some rep and a YT sub.

Originally Posted by Maligno View Post (Source)
    I gave the Wregoe area a good search myself, but found nothing. There's a crapload of non-main sequence stars in the area. There's still a chance something is hiding in there somewhere.
    You mean the one next to Col 173?

You mean the one next to Col 173?
    It's the collection of systems roughly centered around Wregoe VF-L B35-2. You can have a look in this map:

https://map.canonn.technology/bt/

PanPiper found that field of Brain Trees in the Wregoe area several months ago. Many of us have gone in there looking for ruins, but have come up empty. It's the only area in the galaxy full of trees but without a single ruin site.

Originally Posted by Maligno View Post (Source)
    It's the collection of systems roughly centered around Wregoe VF-L B35-2. You can have a look in this map:

https://map.canonn.technology/bt/

PanPiper found that field of Brain Trees in the Wregoe area several months ago. Many of us have gone in there looking for ruins, but have come up empty. It's the only area in the galaxy full of trees but without a single ruin site.
    I think this is just BT spreading from Col 173. Going opposite direction from Col 173 towards the center there will be similar concentrations of trees, just nobody (apart from me by the look of this map ) checked yet. I was just checking the border of the BT area rather than systematically scanning it so there are 100's of unmarked systems with BT there.

I think this is just BT spreading from Col 173. Going opposite direction from Col 173 towards the center there will be similar concentrations of trees, just nobody (apart from me by the look of this map ) checked yet. I was just checking the border of the BT area rather than sistematically scanning it so there are 100's of unmarked systems with BT there.
    Yeah, I think you're right. The concentration around Wregoe is really the result of "exploratory bias", if you get what I mean. I think you're right in that we're dealing with something akin to a forest of Brain Trees with currently not fully known boundaries.

Found another system with Ancient Ruins, I think I will move on now, after checking 490 systems since yesterday I am officialy tired

Prai Hypoo QC-C d31 2 A -39.7614 147.8094
    Prai Hypoo QC-C d31 2 A -42.2723 -149.5279

Found another system with Ancient Ruins, I think I will move on now, after checking 490 systems since yesterday I am officialy tired

Prai Hypoo QC-C d31 2 A -39.7614 147.8094
    Prai Hypoo QC-C d31 2 A -42.2723 -149.5279
    Good going mate! We all appreciate your efforts

Originally Posted by CMDR Dreamstate View Post (Source)
    Good going mate! We all appreciate your efforts
    Flowers or even a decent dark chocolate would be nicer, but I guess pat in the back has to do

Anyways I am going to check other places, if anyone wants to do more scouting in Prai Hypoo I can post a list of systems I've checked so far. I think that there is more ruins to find here, as I did find more Brain Trees than in Eta Carinae.

Flowers or even a decent dark chocolate would be nicer, but I guess pat in the back has to do

Anyways I am going to check other places, if anyone wants to do more scouting in Prai Hypoo I can post a list of systems I've checked so far. I think that there is more ruins to find here, as I did find more Brain Trees than in Eta Carinae.
    Lol it does feel like that

I'm milling about the heart and soul nebula looking for ruins and trees, though I've only put a few hours into it so far.

I keep checking craters where brain trees should be but keep finding bugged permanent POIs where the trees should be but aren't there... Raised it with frontier but still waiting on answers.

Originally Posted by CMDR Dreamstate View Post (Source)
    I keep checking craters where brain trees should be but keep finding bugged permanent POIs where the trees should be but aren't there... Raised it with frontier but still waiting on answers.
    You do realise 99.99% of this craters have POI which looks identical as BT but it points to usually single metallic/meteorite rock which is quite difficullt to spot?

Page 10 of 96 FirstFirst ... 58910111215 ... LastLast