Page 12 of 101 FirstFirst ... 7101112131417 ... LastLast

Thread: Guardians Discussions

Wow cool find.. and over 12k from bubble omg

Originally Posted by ebbrell View Post (Source)
    Wow cool find.. and over 12k from bubble omg
    Like I said, you need to zoom out - furthest finds are 21K from Sol (EORL AUWSY)

Originally Posted by Factabulous View Post (Source)
    Yup: https://map.canonn.technology/all/ - need to zoom out a bit as one set of ruins are quite a long way away
    Somebody's been busy, thanks !

Few things I've been mulling over since the latest amazing discoveries:

1) From what I can see there's been no new types of ruins discovered?

Do we think this is significant in terms of the narrative being told (For example, are they are the same three types because... they were made by a machine-intelligence and they worked to an established pattern and saw no need to vary it?), or is it simply a case of asset re-use to illustrate "ruins" of similar natures?

2) It seems ruins are much more common than we previously though.

Do we think there are still more ruins out there scattered around the galaxy? Does this mean that the Guardians were galaxy-spanning?

3) How does this change what we think of the Guardians?

It's interesting that while Ram Tah mentioned they were an interstellar species he never once mentioned how far they'd spread. Did the monolith data have some data on the size of the Guardian "empire", for want of a better word, and Ram Tah just never mentioned it, or did that sort of data never exist (Starmaps were always conspicuously missing from all the recovered data).

Is it possible that we're seeing different bubbles? There were various factions at different times, or are we seeing different bits of basically the same big bubble that spans a big chunk (all?) of the Galaxy?

4) If the Guardians spread as widely as we now think. Why aren't we finding more (any) of their space-junk? Planetary installations will succumb to erosion in atmosphere (I suspect the majority of atmo planets will have been scoured clean of all Guardian traces by now), the airless ones we're finding are little more than earthworks at this point - but you'd think there would still be a lot of space stuff left, anything that falls into a stable orbit would last a million years easily.

They had very large ships, we know that, and giant robot battle fleets they used to wage war. Not to mention any other space things, did they never build space-stations, beacons, or anything of that nature?

Do we think Guardian space junk is out there to be found? Or had it all been hoovered up by something/someone at some stage in the past?

Anyone who fancies a bit of Tinfoil time, I've developed an idea on where the Guardian Homeworld is.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...=1#post6065941

Enjoy o7

Originally Posted by Moribus View Post (Source)
    Anyone who fancies a bit of Tinfoil time, I've developed an idea on where the Guardian Homeworld is.

Enjoy o7
    That's a very nice write up. You'll probably end up being correct, but I hope not ;-).

A few pages ago I mentioned Brain Trees on a moon orbiting an Earth-like world (third rock from the sun!). Could that be a candidate?

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...=1#post5998631

Originally Posted by Maligno View Post (Source)
    That's a very nice write up. You'll probably end up being correct, but I hope not ;-).

A few pages ago I mentioned Brain Trees on a moon orbiting an Earth-like world (third rock from the sun!). Could that be a candidate?

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...=1#post5998631
    Well, one thing for me is that there's soooo many similarities between Guardians and Humans/Earth life. Since DB has stated on many occasions how he dislikes "human aliens", as in Aliens that act and or look human (like Star Trek/Star Wars for the most part), I don't believe that he'd allow the very, very human-like Guardians into ED without them being very closely related to us - and that means they pretty much have to come from Earth really.

I originally was a big proponent of the "We're descended from them" idea, but after a lot of thought and the further discovery of more sites etc, I've changed my mind.

EDIT: Oh I did forget to mention though, I think that does help to explain maybe why there's so much (apparently) earth-compatible life out there. The Guardians probably seeded a bunch of it a while ago.

Thought just crossed my mind.... almost every system with Brain Trees has Guardian ruins, or something like that. We also think they made the Thargoids, who also potentially destroyed the Guardians.

Maybe the brain trees aren't trees, and they're actual Guardian brains... and brain tree fields are kinda like fields of heads on pikes?

#morbid....

Enjoy o7
    It does have merit!

I'm not sure if some of it holds up, though; from the other Ram Tah entries, they had red skin (nothing on earth has that), had much darker, rounder eyes because of a bright sun (either close proximity to a G-class like ours, or their star was naturally higher in class, like an F-type), and their tall height and ropey, long limbs were a product of an earth-like that had less mass than our own (though a moon is mentioned, so it is also likely their homeworld does have a moon).

I do agree that, if they did evolve on earth and left, then there wouldn't be much of a trace of them left (if any).

I think the numbers are against Mr. Braben's beliefs for other humanoid life not existing bar humans: for instance, the amount of Earth-likes we find in the game is staggering - if Frontier's equations hold true (to the drake theory? Frontier haven't explained, at least to my knowledge), then, currently in the game, their are potentially trillions of life forms spread all across the human bubble, let alone what we find while exploring... and that isn't even counting the fossil record / unique history for each of those Earth-likes... to be fair, it would be impossible in one life time to see every life form there is in existence, if this is the combined case of what is currently living and what is extinct.

And that's the bit I find unbelievable - we're expected to believe we're the only space faring humanoids in our galaxy when we are in the knowledge that thousands upon thousands of earth-like worlds exist, both in the human bubble, and out in the black!?

The numbers just don't stack - they are overwhelmingly in favour of another humanoid species / another inteligent non-human species existing somewhere out there. So far, it is just as and the Thargoids.

Another argument is that the time frame would be spread over millions of years, and I think Mr. Braben mentioned this as a viable reason - that humans aren't the only humanoid species, but they are alive and not extinct - again, I think this is, in part, denialism or saving face for not looking like a complete nutback that believes in the numbers that overwhelmingly support humanoid life forms - thankfully, those with a scientific view, rather than theoretical, won't be called out on it, because evidence is evidence - and in our own modern time in real life, we have no evidence that is concrete (unless you believe in UFOs/Aliens and secret governments in cahoots with said ETs).

Anyway, I was getting off the point lol...

I do like the theory about the Guardians evolving on earth, I'm just a bit skeptical of it because of the other data entries - however, the future will hopefully bring more answers regarding the Guardians and I can't wait for it

I will have a Guardian Waifu one day... one day, you hear me!

Originally Posted by CMDR Dreamstate View Post (Source)
    It does have merit!

I'm not sure if some of it holds up, though; from the other Ram Tah entries, they had red skin (nothing on earth has that), had much darker, rounder eyes because of a bright sun (either close proximity to a G-class like ours, or their star was naturally higher in class, like an F-type), and their tall height and ropey, long limbs were a product of an earth-like that had less mass than our own (though a moon is mentioned, so it is also likely their homeworld does have a moon).

I do agree that, if they did evolve on earth and left, then there wouldn't be much of a trace of them left (if any).

I think the numbers are against Mr. Braben's beliefs for other humanoid life not existing bar humans: for instance, the amount of Earth-likes we find in the game is staggering - if Frontier's equations hold true (to the drake theory? Frontier haven't explained, at least to my knowledge), then, currently in the game, their are potentially trillions of life forms spread all across the human bubble, let alone what we find while exploring... and that isn't even counting the fossil record / unique history for each of those Earth-likes... to be fair, it would be impossible in one life time to see every life form there is in existence, if this is the combined case of what is currently living and what is extinct.

And that's the bit I find unbelievable - we're expected to believe we're the only space faring humanoids in our galaxy when we are in the knowledge that thousands upon thousands of earth-like worlds exist, both in the human bubble, and out in the black!?

The numbers just don't stack - they are overwhelmingly in favour of another humanoid species / another inteligent non-human species existing somewhere out there. So far, it is just as and the Thargoids.

Another argument is that the time frame would be spread over millions of years, and I think Mr. Braben mentioned this as a viable reason - that humans aren't the only humanoid species, but they are alive and not extinct - again, I think this is, in part, denialism or saving face for not looking like a complete nutback that believes in the numbers that overwhelmingly support humanoid life forms - thankfully, those with a scientific view, rather than theoretical, won't be called out on it, because evidence is evidence - and in our own modern time in real life, we have no evidence that is concrete (unless you believe in UFOs/Aliens and secret governments in cahoots with said ETs).

Anyway, I was getting off the point lol...

I do like the theory about the Guardians evolving on earth, I'm just a bit skeptical of it because of the other data entries - however, the future will hopefully bring more answers regarding the Guardians and I can't wait for it

I will have a Guardian Waifu one day... one day, you hear me!
    Thanks

I did address the point that some of the physiological traits Ram Tah mentions about Guardians may be later adaptions - he doesn't really specify anything about their original form, he does however say they modified themselves pretty much from the start, so the Guardians he describes may not resemble the original Guardians in more than basic shape.

The Guardains expansion into the Galaxy (as evidenced by the recent ruins discoveries) could easily explain why there's so much Earth-compatible life out there without having to poop in the face of science We take Earth-life wherever we go, even Terraforming worlds, Guardians with more advanced biotech could probably do that even easier! Sadly we have no data on exactly how Earth-like any of the other planets are out there, the description in the Nav panel might just mean "Water-oxygen life", they may not share any other similarities. At this stage we just don't know sadly. Certainly not enough to delve into fossil records or anything like that.

In less than 20k-30k years we've gone from barely sentient post-animals to space-faring galaxy spanning beings. Ram Tah mentions the Guardains progressed remarkably quickly, assuming they did the same thing as us in the same timeframe then there's time for the whole Guardian civilisation to have risen and fallen over fifty times during the Pleistocene. Braben said they'd been gone for 1-2million years (iirc?), that fits my Pleistocene timeframe perfectly.

FYI - Earth has examples living right now of Red Skin and round dark eyes, you don't need exotic evolution ideas to account for it:

red skin on earth (actually, read the descriptions of the Guardians, this guy could easily fit):

Very dark/Black round eyes on Earth (many animals have them):

Tall/Thin animals on Earth (You don't necessarily need Low-G to make tall thin creatures) EDIT: Also, we're pretty sure that if humans spent a few generation in low-g we'd grow tall and thin and adapt to low-G worlds. Given the Guardians space-faring ways it's entirely possible that's exactly what happened to them (might even account for the flexible bones, a bio-engineered answer to loss of calcium in lower-g environments maybe):

Thanks

I did address the point that some of the physiological traits Ram Tah mentions about Guardians may be later adaptions - he doesn't really specify anything about their original form, he does however say they modified themselves pretty much from the start, so the Guardians he describes may not resemble the original Guardians in more than basic shape.

The Guardains expansion into the Galaxy (as evidenced by the recent ruins discoveries) could easily explain why there's so much Earth-compatible life out there without having to poop in the face of science We take Earth-life wherever we go, even Terraforming worlds, Guardians with more advanced biotech could probably do that even easier! Sadly we have no data on exactly how Earth-like any of the other planets are out there, the description in the Nav panel might just mean "Water-oxygen life", they may not share any other similarities. At this stage we just don't know sadly. Certainly not enough to delve into fossil records or anything like that.

In less than 20k-30k years we've gone from barely sentient post-animals to space-faring galaxy spanning beings. Ram Tah mentions the Guardains progressed remarkably quickly, assuming they did the same thing as us in the same timeframe then there's time for the whole Guardian civilisation to have risen and fallen over fifty times during the Pleistocene. Braben said they'd been gone for 1-2million years (iirc?), that fits my Pleistocene timeframe perfectly.

FYI - Earth has examples living right now of Red Skin and round dark eyes, you don't need exotic evolution ideas to account for it:

red skin on earth (actually, read the descriptions of the Guardians, this guy could easily fit):

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/7a/14...8717167e56.jpg

Very dark/Black round eyes on Earth (many animals have them):

http://www.all-creatures.org/aip/ima...6-loris-02.jpg

Tall/Thin animals on Earth (You don't necessarily need Low-G to make tall thin creatures) EDIT: Also, we're pretty sure that if humans spent a few generation in low-g we'd grow tall and thin and adapt to low-G worlds. Given the Guardians space-faring ways it's entirely possible that's exactly what happened to them (might even account for the flexible bones, a bio-engineered answer to loss of calcium in lower-g environments maybe):

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/560/me...2_75942358.jpg
    I take it back, those are some good examples!

What's the one with the red face?

I want to read up on what gives it red pigment!

Originally Posted by CMDR Dreamstate View Post (Source)
    I take it back, those are some good examples!

What's the one with the red face?

I want to read up on what gives it red pigment!
    "bald-headed uakari (Cacajao calvus), a monkey hailing from the Amazon rain forest that boasts a bald crown punctuated by bright, crimson-hued skin. The perpetual blush is caused by a lack of skin pigment and a glut of capillaries beneath the skin."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bald_uakari

https://www.mnn.com/earth-matters/an...-isnt-blushing

This is a fairly interesting read on why primates are coloured.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0524155313.htm

Edit: Oh yeah there's also mammals that have red bits, it's not entirely red skinned but it does show the pigmentation can be pretty intense like the Mandrill.

b0rys and
    Baton congrats,

I'm glad another nebular has popped up with sites. So the question is do the Guardian's like all or just a few nebula (ie/?)

Originally Posted by madwax View Post (Source)
    b0rys and
    Baton congrats,

I'm glad another nebular has popped up with sites. So the question is do the Guardian's like all or just a few nebula (ie/?)
    Just a few, I checked more than 10 nebulae in last 3 weeks I think and none of them had BT's so they are not all over the place

BTW all - beware of The Guardian's Curse!

Two days after I found new Ancient Ruins this happend to me - I have no single doubt in my mind that was caused by one of the Relics I examined being there, there was this strange sound when I touched it...
    Losing exploration data from almost a 1000 systems did hurt, and I think I will avoid any Guardians stuff for a while....

Originally Posted by Baton View Post (Source)
    Just a few, I checked more than 10 nebulae in last 3 weeks I think and none of them had BT's so they are not all over the place

BTW all - beware of The Guardian's Curse!

Two days after I found new Ancient Ruins this happend to me - I have no single doubt in my mind that was caused by one of the Relics I examined being there, there was this strange sound when I touched it...
    Loosing exploration data from almost a 1000 systems did hurt, and I think I will avoid any Guardians stuff for a while....

https://i.imgur.com/dkMwSi9.jpg
    Aye, 'tis the guardian curse!

My crater wall heatbutt & rebuy while afk after mapping in Eorl was definitely not just me misjudging the speed of my dbx, 'twas the curse!

Page 12 of 101 FirstFirst ... 7101112131417 ... LastLast