Page 19 of 52 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: Guardians Discussions

Originally Posted by BuddyE View Post (Source)
    Since i don't really have a plan on what to do right now in the bubble, i thought about going for Colonia and have a look around there. Good thing about that is, i could use a smaller ship out there. Not much chances to screw up and lock yourself into a dead end. In the south i always take as many tools with me as possible.
    Do we have an idea how far away from the "guardian bubble" it could go?
    There are hardly any dead ends towards Colonia, quite the opposite of that.
    There is a map of what has been found so far https://map.canonn.technology/all/

Nobody knows how far they go, the way I see it, we are trying to answer that at the moment

Originally Posted by Baton View Post (Source)
    There are hardly any dead ends towards Colonia, quite the opposite of that.
    There is a map of what has been found so far https://map.canonn.technology/all/

Nobody knows how far they go, the way I see it, we are trying to answer that at the moment
    Managed to reach Rohini in 2 hours. I guess i am comitted now.
    Once in Colonia, i will head north of it. Looks like quite some nebulas out there. So, more Guardian Fossils to find.

Update: reached the base in Skaudai. Will continue tomorrow.

o7

Cannot complain about lack of Fossils

Dryaea Flee AA-A H10

Originally Posted by Moribus View Post (Source)
    I meant to ask about this ages ago but I kept forgetting.

It's nothing new at all, but I wondered if all of you Guardian experts (and fossil hunters) had any thoughts on what it is:

I have really not a single idea, it's obviously something buried but what? Is it one thing buried there or is the whole floor of the Guardian ruins like that under the dirt?

And question part B) Is it just "for effect" or is it at all significant. Seems sort of odd to me, since it's only visible if you shoot off all the rocks piled around the artefacts.
    Looks like a blue matter.

There is more underground, me thinks.

Originally Posted by ExoForce View Post (Source)
    Ooh that's a good one!

Looks like a blue matter.

There is more underground, me thinks.
    I really, really want to get out of the SRV and just scrape away more of that dirt. It would be so simple...but...the...door....is...locked...

Originally Posted by Moribus View Post (Source)
    I meant to ask about this ages ago but I kept forgetting.

It's nothing new at all, but I wondered if all of you Guardian experts (and fossil hunters) had any thoughts on what it is:

I have really not a single idea, it's obviously something buried but what? Is it one thing buried there or is the whole floor of the Guardian ruins like that under the dirt?

And question part B) Is it just "for effect" or is it at all significant. Seems sort of odd to me, since it's only visible if you shoot off all the rocks piled around the artefacts.
    Long, long ago, when we just had one site and no lore, I thought it might be Quirium!

Now, no idea, other than it seems to be the same colour as the relics.

That does remind me though - we had a post at one point via facebook where someone had found the blue liquid on the ground. Don't think we ever tracked it down. The cmdr who'd originally posted it couldn't remember where they'd found it, only the rough route they'd been following. I did go to the system they thought it was after the mission was completed and the ruins started showing up in the scanner, but couldn't find anything. Might be worth trying again now that we have the Braintree method.

Will see what I can fish out.

Edit - The system the cmdr thought it was was BLEAE THUA RP-I C9-9

See chain here:

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...=1#post5200398

Edit 2 - 4th planet in the system is a braintree candidate, so definitely worth a look if anyone's in the vicinity.

Blue liquid like the one that appears when you pick up a Guardian artifact from the ground?

Originally Posted by Thatchinho View Post (Source)
    Long, long ago, when we just had one site and no lore, I thought it might be Quirium!...
    Tinfoil hattery/imagination following:

Long, long time ago when the Guardians expansion was in Beta stage a well-known explorer posted a detailed picture of the first ancient ruins discovered. From what I could dig out on the net, it was a version 2 of ancient ruins. He enhanced the image and posted it on this forum. I spotted something and since Ram Tah was mumbling something about Guardians could see in different spectrum, I enhanced image more. Turned out that on such picture one can see blue matter coming from the ground ("north", on the right side of that huge astrolab), ground is rugged there like from old "volcano" activity. Ram Tah also (using bad grammar) said something about shields protecting their cities. By coincidence, on such enhanced picture, blue matter goes from the source, under the relics(artefacts?) and exactly around the "defence wall".

So, in my imagination, "city" shields were powered with blue matter and humans are now using guardians tech powered with blue matter against Thargoids. Since CMDR Baton recently discovered ruins version 2 from the beta , I expect/(hope) version 1 will be reintroduced in the game/discovered. No proof of course, just speculations/imagination.

Tinfoil hattery/imagination following:

Long, long time ago when the Guardians expansion was in Beta stage a well-known explorer posted a detailed picture of the first ancient ruins discovered. From what I could dig out on the net, it was a version 2 of ancient ruins. He enhanced the image and posted it on this forum. I spotted something and since Ram Tah was mumbling something about Guardians could see in different spectrum, I enhanced image more. Turned out that on such picture one can see blue matter coming from the ground ("north", on the right side of that huge astrolab), ground is rugged there like from old "volcano" activity. Ram Tah also (using bad grammar) said something about shields protecting their cities. By coincidence, on such enhanced picture, blue matter goes from the source, under the relics(artefacts?) and exactly around the "defence wall".

So, in my imagination, "city" shields were powered with blue matter and humans are now using guardians tech powered with blue matter against Thargoids. Since CMDR Baton recently discovered ruins version 2 from the beta , I expect/(hope) version 1 will be reintroduced in the game/discovered. No proof of course, just speculations/imagination.
    Originally Posted by Yure View Post (Source)
    Blue liquid like the one that appears when you pick up a Guardian artifact from the ground?
    Originally Posted by Thatchinho View Post (Source)
    Long, long ago, when we just had one site and no lore, I thought it might be Quirium!

Now, no idea, other than it seems to be the same colour as the relics.

That does remind me though - we had a post at one point via facebook where someone had found the blue liquid on the ground. Don't think we ever tracked it down. The cmdr who'd originally posted it couldn't remember where they'd found it, only the rough route they'd been following. I did go to the system they thought it was after the mission was completed and the ruins started showing up in the scanner, but couldn't find anything. Might be worth trying again now that we have the Braintree method.

Will see what I can fish out.

Edit - The system the cmdr thought it was was BLEAE THUA RP-I C9-9

See chain here:

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...=1#post5200398

Edit 2 - 4th planet in the system is a braintree candidate, so definitely worth a look if anyone's in the vicinity.
    Thanks! Great stuff, few things come to mind reading your replies:

1) Is it liquid?

I had seen it as something solid and glowing (like the relics) underground that was partially uncovered. Hadn't thought of it as being a liquid, that's interesting! If it is, then it might be something super-cooled since those planets are pretty chilly?

2) Guardians seeing in wider spectrum - Totally forgot about that, and that's really interesting, I wonder what that glowing stuff looked like to them?

3) Finding that glowing ground stuff outside of a Ruin Thatchinho seems really significant, assuming it wasn't a bug or hoax. I'm doing Thargoid patrols using LCU's awesome plugin atm, but when that gets dull I'll get back to ruin/fossil hunting and maybe go visit the area you linked, just in case I get lucky.

On a side note:
    I still can't believe that there's no teams out here excavating one of these ruins - that's what bugs me, when we find ruins of ancient civilisations on earth a team of archaeologists carefully excavates it. I really wish we saw some evidence of that here - just some of those little bases and prefab tents set up around the first site discovered would make me feel better. It surely would take more than a few minutes to drop those assets in place, just to give the impression that someone other than a few commanders actually cares about the Guardians...

Unless... that IS happening, or has been happening for a long time... Maybe somewhere there's a Guardian ruin site that humans have fully excavated, maybe even built a settlement over. That might explain why most governments seemed to be a bit apathetic to the Guardians and how Ram Tah was able to insta-translate the obelisks... /takes off Tinfoil Hat.

Alright, hold it right there! I thought you guys were joking when you were talking about "Guardian Fossils". All joking aside, are Guardian fossils a real/documented phenomenon?

Please pardon my huge ignorance...but I see triangular inscriptions on that rock similar to those seen around the Ancient Ruins. Did you find that rock in the middle of an ejecta crater?

This is where my ignorance of ED lore/knowledge is really hurting me!

Originally Posted by Maligno View Post (Source)
    Alright, hold it right there! I thought you guys were joking when you were talking about "Guardian Fossils". All joking aside, are Guardian fossils a real/documented phenomenon?

Please pardon my huge ignorance...but I see triangular inscriptions on that rock similar to those seen around the Ancient Ruins. Did you find that rock in the middle of an ejecta crater?

This is where my ignorance of ED lore/knowledge is really hurting me!
    Well we were just making Baton feel better about "discovering" lots, and lots, and lots of rocks. But ExoForce might actually have found something

wait a minute, you mean hundreds of Fossils I discovered are simple rocks??????????????????????????? I hate you!

Reached Colonia. Will try to find more Guardian Fossils north of here. Wait...

Those are rocks? No way... When guardians made a poop they left huge craters with... stuff..., and we are trying to track them down by that.
    Totally legit!