Page 3 of 101 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 1506

Thread: Guardians Discussions

  1. #31
    Originally Posted by Meme the little Thargoid View Post (Source)
    Exactly!
    It could be plausible that the thargoids are in some sort the guardian AIs, OR they are both. The exiled guardians and AIs as one.
    But what we realy know for now: The thargoids react to guardian technology.
    If they aware of the guardians as a race is in question or if they only react to this specific sort of energy signature, because it is unknown.
    The first seems more logical.
    Yes, but there are alternatives. Allow me to present one of them.

    The reaction may be because Guardian tech was used against them before.

    Consider;

    Two reference points are used by the Thargoid tech:

    - Merope

    - Col 70 Sector FY-N C21-3

    This has been established for a while.

    Col 70 is locked to independent cmdrs, but it is not locked to all of humanity. For example, Wreaken Construction have bases in Col 70.

    So while we independent cmdrs are unable to go to Col 70 Sector FY-N C21-3, it's pretty much unthinkable that those with access would have known it's relevance but not been there.

    That leaves the only option that some of humanity already know what is in Col 70 Sector FY-N C21-3.

    Now one thing possibly not that well known about that particular system is that it is closer to what appears to be the centre of the Guardian bubble than the first system in which ruins were discovered.

    That's all pretty much fact... into speculation:

    So, given the comparative distance the possibility is definitely open that there was a Guardian site there.

    What's the relevance of that possibility?

    Well, the Guardians were experts in biological warfare. Which is what we used against the Thargoids.

    It's been suggested that Merope was ground zero for the Mycoid. Perhaps Col Sector 70 FY-N C21-3 was the launch point.

    An INRA base.

    Using Guardian technology.

    It would explain a lot of things.

  2. #32
    Originally Posted by Thatchinho View Post (Source)
    Yes, but there are alternatives. Allow me to present one of them.

    The reaction may be because Guardian tech was used against them before.

    Consider;

    Two reference points are used by the Thargoid tech:

    - Merope

    - Col 70 Sector FY-N C21-3

    This has been established for a while.

    Col 70 is locked to independent cmdrs, but it is not locked to all of humanity. For example, Wreaken Construction have bases in Col 70.

    So while we independent cmdrs are unable to go to Col 70 Sector FY-N C21-3, it's pretty much unthinkable that those with access would have known it's relevance but not been there.

    That leaves the only option that some of humanity already know what is in Col 70 Sector FY-N C21-3.

    Now one thing possibly not that well known about that particular system is that it is closer to what appears to be the centre of the Guardian bubble than the first system in which ruins were discovered.

    That's all pretty much fact... into speculation:

    So, given the comparative distance the possibility is definitely open that there was a Guardian site there.

    What's the relevance of that possibility?

    Well, the Guardians were experts in biological warfare. Which is what we used against the Thargoids.

    It's been suggested that Merope was ground zero for the Mycoid. Perhaps Col Sector 70 FY-N C21-3 was the launch point.

    An INRA base.

    Using Guardian technology.

    It would explain a lot of things.
    I like this... so basically, you're saying INRA used information on biological warfare from the Guardians 150+ years ago to create the Mycoid virus (the "Contengency") in order to exterminate them?

    Hmmm that would throw into doubt the possibility that the Guardians are the Thargoids creators - but there is nothing to support it solidly (them being the creators) - so this could well be why the Thargoids hate Guardian technology - they may have been almost exterminated by the Guardians when the Guardians were expanding their bubble - and when the Guardians had almost destroyed each other, perhaps the Thargoids then chose to finish them off - for good?

    If that is the case... it would be a better reason for hating the Guardians than merely turning on their creators because of "reasons"...

    Perhaps it is a blend of both? This is getting interesting...

    Edit: And you know what would also be interesting? "The Return" title doesn't mean the Thargoids... it could mean... *drum roll*... the Exiles returning (late 2.4 of course)? We knew the Thargoids were always going to come back because of so many teases, the UAs, UPs, but would we forsee the Exiles returning to their ancestral homes after a million years on the run from the Thargoids (whom truly despise and hate them)? Everyone assumed "The Guardians" patch was all about ship-launched fighters - no one had any idea it was about the Ancient Ruins with a race called "The Guardians"...

  3. #33
    Originally Posted by CMDR Dreamstate View Post (Source)
    I like this... so basically, you're saying INRA used information on biological warfare from the Guardians 150+ years ago to create the Mycoid virus (the "Contengency") in order to exterminate them?

    Hmmm that would throw into doubt the possibility that the Guardians are the Thargoids creators - but there is nothing to support it solidly (them being the creators) - so this could well be why the Thargoids hate Guardian technology - they may have been almost exterminated by the Guardians when the Guardians were expanding their bubble - and when the Guardians had almost destroyed each other, perhaps the Thargoids then chose to finish them off - for good?

    If that is the case... it would be a better reason for hating the Guardians than merely turning on their creators because of "reasons"...

    Perhaps it is a blend of both? This is getting interesting...

    Edit: And you know what would also be interesting? "The Return" title doesn't mean the Thargoids... it could mean... *drum roll*... the Exiles returning (late 2.4 of course)? We knew the Thargoids were always going to come back because of so many teases, the UAs, UPs, but would we forsee the Exiles returning to their ancestral homes after a million years on the run from the Thargoids (whom truly despise and hate them)? Everyone assumed "The Guardians" patch was all about ship-launched fighters - no one had any idea it was about the Ancient Ruins with a race called "The Guardians"...
    Well, I'm saying that it's a possibility that should be considered, and so far it seems to make a lot of sense of things.

    My biggest concern with the hypothesis of the Thargoids being Guardian descendants (AIs, Exiles, etc.) has always been that the Guardians were very advanced in biological warfare, yet we, despite not being so advanced on that front we beat them using biological warfare. And that's not counting the ~2MYears worth of further development the Guardian descendants would have had.

    And I see where you're coming from on The Return, and it would be an interesting twist, but I think it's probably just the Thargoids on this occasion.

    I still think the Exiles would represent something far far beyond anything we've encountered. They were the Guardians that had neural implants and embraced the technolgical singularity. The exiling may have had some impact but their rate of scientific and tech advancement was in a positive feedback loop and accelerating exponentially. And that was 2 Million Years ago. It's entirely likely that they've advanced so far that both we and the Thargoids are completely insignificant to them.

  4. #34
    Originally Posted by Thatchinho View Post (Source)
    Well, I'm saying that it's a possibility that should be considered, and so far it seems to make a lot of sense of things.

    My biggest concern with the hypothesis of the Thargoids being Guardian descendants (AIs, Exiles, etc.) has always been that the Guardians were very advanced in biological warfare, yet we, despite not being so advanced on that front we beat them using biological warfare. And that's not counting the ~2MYears worth of further development the Guardian descendants would have had.

    And I see where you're coming from on The Return, and it would be an interesting twist, but I think it's probably just the Thargoids on this occasion.

    I still think the Exiles would represent something far far beyond anything we've encountered. They were the Guardians that had neural implants and embraced the technolgical singularity. The exiling may have had some impact but their rate of scientific and tech advancement was in a positive feedback loop and accelerating exponentially. And that was 2 Million Years ago. It's entirely likely that they've advanced so far that both we and the Thargoids are completely insignificant to them.
    I like the thoery, it is sound

    Another idea!: I think if they (the exiles) are that advanced, then they may even be hiding near the event horizon of a black hole (or many) - the closer you get, the slower/faster time unravels - for what purpsoe, who can say? Massive speculation here, but if they still do exist and are amazingly beyond us, then making home at black holes under a cloak may be the way to evolve further and advance (albeit slower than the rest of the universe - since 100-200 years to them living by them may mean 1,000,000 years of time passing in normal space) - they would literally be watching the universe evolving around them, watching nebulas exploding thousands of times per-their-second in the distance and watching creation happen in fast-forward. In this manner, perhaps they could have the technology to keep a watchful eye on the galaxy and, perhaps, the Thargoids? Crazy idea

  5. #35
    Thanks Thatchinho for the links to previous posts along these lines. I wonder if the OP for this page - Ozric - might put some pertinent info up on the front page such as this https://ixalon.github.io/elitedangerous/ which shows the symbols on the obelisks.

  6. #36
    Not much to add myself (seems it has all been somewhat covered) however for a space fairing race that was way more advanced then us humans to just wipe eachother out indefinitely seems odd, i mean yes war can kill all however everyone has backup plans in place (like us with colonia) not everone would have faught in this war much like not everyone fights in human wars, everyone has outcasts who ventured into the void never to be seen again but that doesn't mean extinction just missing...... If us humans trived this long during our wars and even our mass nuclear earth (which i beleive is what sent us to other planets in lore? Correct me if im wrong) i am very doubtful the guardians dont remain..... Somewhere in the galaxy still alive and kicking even if it is just a planatary colony of cannibals and nut crackers....

  7. #37
    Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post (Source)
    Thanks Thatchinho for the links to previous posts along these lines. I wonder if the OP for this page - Ozric - might put some pertinent info up on the front page such as this https://ixalon.github.io/elitedangerous/ which shows the symbols on the obelisks.
    Still waiting for CMDR who can solve this stuff
    btw I think this visualisation have some little error and lost 2 frames in end (i think), but looks like this error don't change meaning of code itself.

  8. #38
    I wonder if there is a link between the obelisk markings and the thargoid patterns? They are both roughly round Been trying squinting at the obelisk paterns

  9. #39
    Originally Posted by acidburn2k20 View Post (Source)
    the spoiler looks like a DNA test results "yes bob your mother was a thargoid, but the DNA test reveals you dad is the Milk man from Zaonce"
    Considering this quote by CMDR acidburn2k20 along with the image supplied by Clanga

    and this from Erid

    Originally Posted by Erid View Post (Source)
    For now it can't be read because it don't have repeated messages.
    Originally Posted by Erid View Post (Source)
    I called it "a post code" ("a barcode" is fine too).



    Made me curious, so I went searching and found that they really do look similar. This image is:
    Whole human karyotype depicted by ideograms




  10. #40
    Originally Posted by CMDR Dreamstate View Post (Source)
    I like the thoery, it is sound

    Another idea!: I think if they (the exiles) are that advanced, then they may even be hiding near the event horizon of a black hole (or many) - the closer you get, the slower/faster time unravels - for what purpsoe, who can say? Massive speculation here, but if they still do exist and are amazingly beyond us, then making home at black holes under a cloak may be the way to evolve further and advance (albeit slower than the rest of the universe - since 100-200 years to them living by them may mean 1,000,000 years of time passing in normal space) - they would literally be watching the universe evolving around them, watching nebulas exploding thousands of times per-their-second in the distance and watching creation happen in fast-forward. In this manner, perhaps they could have the technology to keep a watchful eye on the galaxy and, perhaps, the Thargoids? Crazy idea
    It's certainly an interesting idea for real life, and definitely something I'm going to give some thought to!

    There's no sign of time dilation in-game though, so I'm figuring that unfortunately it's a write-off game wise.

    However, witchspace/hyperspace offers an alternative. How time works in hyperspace isn't completely clear, but it doesn't appear to correlate directly with time in normal space. Time displacement is mentioned as a side effect of miscalculations with early jump tech.

    The things that Halsey described encountering still seems the best match for the Exiles extrapolated for 2 Million Years:

    https://community.elitedangerous.com...57baf74c71f6e8

  11. #41
    Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post (Source)
    Considering this quote by CMDR acidburn2k20 along with the image supplied by Clanga

    and this from Erid



    Made me curious, so I went searching and found that they really do look similar. This image is:
    Whole human karyotype depicted by ideograms



    I've thought the same too.

    There do seem to be distinct though. (Rotating the karotype image 90 degrees mentally for the comparison). There's quite a variation in the width of the blocks in the karotype image, but all are the same height. The 'barcodes' on the other hand are composed of only 5 blocks but they vary in both height and width.

    Anyway, on a slightly different topic I've converted one of the passages to audible frequencies just to see what it sounds like (by a passage I mean one group of blocks with the end of the group denoted by the thick full height block.):

    https://clyp.it/kos3vra0?token=83535...a353b966b49190

    The scratchiness of the sound is probably down to the editing - there was quite a lot of noise reduction and other editing to get it audible.

  12. #42
    Originally Posted by Thatchinho View Post (Source)
    Well, I'm saying that it's a possibility that should be considered, and so far it seems to make a lot of sense of things.

    My biggest concern with the hypothesis of the Thargoids being Guardian descendants (AIs, Exiles, etc.) has always been that the Guardians were very advanced in biological warfare, yet we, despite not being so advanced on that front we beat them using biological warfare. And that's not counting the ~2MYears worth of further development the Guardian descendants would have had.

    And I see where you're coming from on The Return, and it would be an interesting twist, but I think it's probably just the Thargoids on this occasion.

    I still think the Exiles would represent something far far beyond anything we've encountered. They were the Guardians that had neural implants and embraced the technolgical singularity. The exiling may have had some impact but their rate of scientific and tech advancement was in a positive feedback loop and accelerating exponentially. And that was 2 Million Years ago. It's entirely likely that they've advanced so far that both we and the Thargoids are completely insignificant to them.
    Intriguingly, Tech 20 states the AI created their own mechanisms after realising that even the exiles could easily take them out. What really piqued my interest was that it said the exact nature of their mechanisms was purged from the records.

    History 20 also mentions "autonomous battle fleets", which would have been bio-tech in nature, during the last big war. A lot would have survived!

    The records made clear all Guardians died out, but I couldn't see anything about the exiles being part of this. I like to think they are out there somewhere.

    Yadda yadda yadda...Thargoids likely exist as a result of the Guardians, either as an offshoot of the AI, or remnants of their bio-tech. It would explain the Thargoid reaction to Guardian artefacts. Can't wait to see how this plays out!

  13. #43
    I don't think they look much like karyotypes, other than the presence of band-like patterns in general. Anyway, karyotypes don't really encode much biological information. They're pictures of the condensed chromosomes (each contains millions of bases of DNA) , and different regions of chromatin show up darker or lighter. Each of the 23 human chromosomes can be distinguished under a microscope based on its size and banding, so karyotypes can be used to identify chromosomal abnormalities.

    On on the other hand, the banding patterns in the spectrograph do kind if remind me of old-school DNA sequencing gels... I don't think the resemblance is close enough for them to even be interpretable as Sanger gels, but I could be wrong.

  14. #44
    donīt know if I am in rcorrect thread, but anyway.....

    just now dropped into a Degraded Emissions Threat 3, one single canister "AI Relics".
    Scooped it as 8 Condas dropped in - 30 secs later ".... destroyed by Black Flight...."



    Known stuff ?

    Correlation between AI Relics and Black Flight (assumably part of the hyper-conspiracy) hints to connectioon between those and guardians?

  15. #45
    Originally Posted by Xenia_K View Post (Source)
    donīt know if I am in rcorrect thread, but anyway.....

    just now dropped into a Degraded Emissions Threat 3, one single canister "AI Relics".
    Scooped it as 8 Condas dropped in - 30 secs later ".... destroyed by Black Flight...."

    https://uploadix.de/images/2017/10/0...ot_0050.md.png

    Known stuff ?

    Correlation between AI Relics and Black Flight (assumably part of the hyper-conspiracy) hints to connectioon between those and guardians?
    Nice find. Not seen an AI Relic personally for more than a year!

    The Black Flight aspect is something new.

    AI Relics aren't anything to do with Guardians or Thargoids though. They're human artefacts.

    Things went very bad with some of our AIs at some point centuries ago, and hence AIs are currently banned throughout all of human space.

    What actually happened though is all a mystery...

    The Breaking News/Theories/Tinfoil thread's probably the best one for the possible link between the Black Flight and the AI Relics.

Page 3 of 101 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast