Page 6 of 96 FirstFirst ... 4567811 ... LastLast

Thread: Guardians Discussions

Originally Posted by CMDR Dreamstate View Post (Source)
    Ooooooo yeah boi!!!

Here's hoping they grant me my wish... A harem of beautiful guardian NPC babes to hire for my crew...

No one heard that, right? No? Good, my secret is safe for now
    It's interesting that some of the new weapons/hardware they revealed at the expo have obelisk and relic components strapped on.

I do wonder what kind of Guardian gameplay they'll introduce. They could always have new content, but I wonder if they'll help us solve some of the current mysteries, namely the obelisk glyphs and "barcode" data packets.

Originally Posted by Maligno View Post (Source)
    It's interesting that some of the new weapons/hardware they revealed at the expo have obelisk and relic components strapped on.

I do wonder what kind of Guardian gameplay they'll introduce. They could always have new content, but I wonder if they'll help us solve some of the current mysteries, namely the obelisk glyphs and "barcode" data packets.
    I suspect they'll be filling in more of the blanks, including the link between Guardians and Thargoids in the past.

I'm beginning to think it's the other way around from what I and others suspected. What were calling the Guardian ruins are actually the ruins of the AI, and the Thargoids are the descendants of the original Guardians, maybe they bio-engineered themselves at some stage.

I also feel that Barnard's loop will factor in there, as well as the other locked off sector rimwards of the col70 sector.

Originally Posted by CMDR Dreamstate View Post (Source)
    Ooooooo yeah boi!!!

Here's hoping they grant me my wish... A harem of beautiful guardian NPC babes to hire for my crew...

No one heard that, right? No? Good, my secret is safe for now
    The guardians are dead though. and have been for a long time, i dont see why people cant get that

Originally Posted by CookieJarviz View Post (Source)
    The guardians are dead though. and have been for a long time, i dont see why people cant get that
    Is there dispute about that?

We have plenty of access to caskets...

Originally Posted by Moribus View Post (Source)
    Sorry to answer with another question, but are the exiles included in the guardian death toll?

The only reference I could find was that they fled and the AI who went with them got a bit concerned about them and built their own "mechanisms". I presume the AI fled too leaving the exiles on their own.

Or...did the AI kill the remaining exiles? That section of exile history wasn't answered, from what I could see. Unless I missed something

Originally Posted by Atrox Lux View Post (Source)
    Sorry to answer with another question, but are the exiles included in the guardian death toll?

The only reference I could find was that they fled and the AI who went with them got a bit concerned about them and built their own "mechanisms". I presume the AI fled too leaving the exiles on their own.

Or...did the AI kill the remaining exiles? That section of exile history wasn't answered, from what I could see. Unless I missed something
    Agreed, there's a lot of questions left unanswered.

I took the records we have to be as essentially the Guardians are dead and long gone, but I don't know if the Exiles are included in the assumption that the civilisation ended.

While there may be descendants (either artificial or natural) I think they no-longer resemble the Guardians (resemble as in, would be recognisable in terms of culture and/or appearance). So for me, the Guardians are dead and gone. Could entirely be wrong, as you say it doesn't really say either way.

I personally subscribe to the idea that the Thargoids are the descendants of the Guardians (either remnants of the AI, evolved, or evolved bio-engineered animals, or bio-engineered survivors of the original Guardian civilisation (for some reason). And I also subscribe to the idea that Humans might well be the descendants of the Guardians too (again, either evolved bio-engineered animals, or bio-engineered survivors of the original Guardian civilisation or naturally evolved from Guardian exiles). So in that sense the Guardians are still around.

Hey all!

I am way focused into the Thargoids right now and not paying too much attention to the Guardians. However I have the feeling that at some point we may need to combine what we learned from both races. I feel like we may find some common data or sites to investigate.

o7

Agreed, there's a lot of questions left unanswered.

I took the records we have to be as essentially the Guardians are dead and long gone, but I don't know if the Exiles are included in the assumption that the civilisation ended.

While there may be descendants (either artificial or natural) I think they no-longer resemble the Guardians (resemble as in, would be recognisable in terms of culture and/or appearance). So for me, the Guardians are dead and gone. Could entirely be wrong, as you say it doesn't really say either way.

I personally subscribe to the idea that the Thargoids are the descendants of the Guardians (either remnants of the AI, evolved, or evolved bio-engineered animals, or bio-engineered survivors of the original Guardian civilisation (for some reason). And I also subscribe to the idea that Humans might well be the descendants of the Guardians too (again, either evolved bio-engineered animals, or bio-engineered survivors of the original Guardian civilisation or naturally evolved from Guardian exiles). So in that sense the Guardians are still around.
    Thank you. I was worried I had missed something!

It doesn't say what happened to those autonomous Guardian warfleets either, which would have been left over after killing all their makers! These would have been bio-tech, just like all the other Guardian hardware.

The data implies the AI just made their own way in the universe (exactly how was purged from the records). But yeah, there is a lot of ambiguity and records left open. Just glad now we are getting more Guardian stuff in season 3 and not just those nice blue weapons.

glad now we are getting more Guardian stuff in season 3 and not just those nice blue weapons.
    Totally!

What's your grounds for saying that?

Yes. We're specifically told that there's no trace in the historical record of what happened subsequently to the Guardians who were exiled. We're also told that at the end of the second civil war all the Guardians were dying, except those who'd been exiled. So we know nothing about what happened to the Exiles & there's no grounds to say they're dead (nothing to say they're definitely still alive either, obviously).

I'll answer. No, they're not included - we don't know what became of them.

Also what happened is a bit different.

The Exiles had neural implants and through these achieved a technological singularity. This is what they were exiled for. The use of the neural implants is what had also helped the AIs achieve sentience. The Guardians with neural implants could also act as physical hosts for the AIs.

Following the exile, all the Guardians with neural implants were gone, and so the AIs that were left no longer had an physical hosts and only existed virtually within the network. They realised that this made them vulnerable which is why they tried to build their own mechanisms - so that they could exist independently of the network.

The religious/anti-tech faction tried violently to stop them whereas other Guardians supported the AIs. - That was what the second civil war was over. It's the second civil war that (probably) resulted in the death of the all the Guardians apart from the exiles. (Probably as there's one mention of a foe or adversary and a suggestion that the Guardians might not have been the cause of their own demise.)

So, the exiles would very much have been friends to the AIs, as were the Guardians on one side of the second civil war. Why would the AIs turn on those who'd helped them, supported them and died for them?

Originally Posted by Thatchinho View Post (Source)

The Exiles had neural implants and through these achieved a technological singularity. This is what they were exiled for. The use of the neural implants is what had also helped the AIs achieve sentience. The Guardians with neural implants could also act as physical hosts for the AIs.

Following the exile, all the Guardians with neural implants were gone, and so the AIs that were left no longer had an physical hosts and only existed virtually within the network. They realised that this made them vulnerable which is why they tried to build their own mechanisms - so that they could exist independently of the network.

The religious/anti-tech faction tried violently to stop them whereas other Guardians supported the AIs. - That was what the second civil war was over. It's the second civil war that (probably) resulted in the death of the all the Guardians apart from the exiles. (Probably as there's one mention of a foe or adversary and a suggestion that the Guardians might not have been the cause of their own demise.)

So, the exiles would very much have been friends to the AIs, as were the Guardians on one side of the second civil war. Why would the AIs turn on those who'd helped them, supported them and died for them?
    Is this all revealed through Ram Tah missions and in game content or is there some external lore?

Originally Posted by Thatchinho View Post (Source)

Good job there, on both those posts. Good info!

Originally Posted by ModishNouns View Post (Source)
    Is this all revealed through Ram Tah missions and in game content or is there some external lore?
    It's all from the Ram Tah missions. - So there's the obvious provisos around it being something that's told to us by a character, but equally most of the rest of the lore we have is from the same source so it's all on an equal footing.

The only other source of info is Captain Melville, either via a Galnet post or the logs on the Cete. That's very limited though. Having said that, it's worth noting that the Melville info does slightly contradict a few things from Ram Tah.

Page 6 of 96 FirstFirst ... 4567811 ... LastLast