Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 737

Thread: Thargoid Interactions

  1. #16
    Originally Posted by CookieJarviz View Post (Source)
    May I suggest adding the interdictions and there types? Not all are the same
    As goes for interdictions not all of them were peaceful:

  2. #17
    Btw, have all NHSS been within 150 LYs of Merope? (I'm just testing it now at a system ~153 LYs from there, nothing yet).

    Was there over 1/2hr, not 1 NHSS, no surprise there, but I'm now ~133 LYs away at 98 k Tauri (beware the very close neutron star if you go here!!) I haven't see a NHSS yet, been here ~23 minutes & have seen just normal USSs.

    Is there any recording/mapping of where the NHSSs are occurring?

  3. #18
    Originally Posted by Prorokpl View Post (Source)
    As goes for interdictions not all of them were peaceful:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39R9YCQ5CUg
    It looks like you were just unlucky and ended up too close to it because he was going too fast in your direction, triggering its "back off" warning as soon as its EMP animation finished.

    Did you notice how it didn't attack right after turning red but waited a bit before engaging you?

  4. #19
    Originally Posted by AnotherVoice View Post (Source)
    It looks like you were just unlucky and ended up too close to it because he was going too fast in your direction, triggering its "back off" warning as soon as its EMP animation finished.

    Did you notice how it didn't attack right after turning red but waited a bit before engaging you?
    Well it didn't gave me chance to react. I did first slow down and later try to reverse, but he was just too fast, after EMP I was dead in the water (or should I say space).

  5. #20
    Originally Posted by Prorokpl View Post (Source)
    Well it didn't gave me chance to react. I did first slow down and later try to reverse, but he was just too fast, after EMP I was dead in the water (or should I say space).
    Yep definetly going too fast, just an unlucky encounter for you.



    On another topic, has anyone been able to make an offering to the staring thargoid that stay with you after a hyperdiction ?

  6. #21
    http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/TheDuckster369/video/37205576

    I have been playing around with the interactions you can experience in regards to the meta alloys where in the situation that if you jettison 5 or more meta alloys whilst the thargoid vessel is still in the vicinity another thargoid warps in.
    I found that once the other thargoid warps in that dropping a further 5 meta alloys attracts both thargoids and they hang around abit. Also, ( I'm sure this has already been noted) but if you have a large amount of meta alloys on you after they scan you they will proceed to follow you peaceful for about 10-15 seconds before continuing on. They sure do like the meta alloys. Meta alloys may help us repair caustic damage so maybe to the thargoids the meta alloys are some form of essential like biomechanical food or for regeneration. Once I dropped quite a few they seemed to trust me getting closer
    Very interesting indeed, I truly don't think these guys are the more sinister klaxions and are infact the oresians just trying to survive and investigate as much as we are at the moment from a more hidden and potent threat
    Fly safe CMDRS o7

    Additional: I'd just like to add aswell hats of the fdev for mindblowing and chilling audio/sound effects in regards to the thargoids. The sound design is flawless and atmospheric!!!

  7. #22
    Originally Posted by CMDRTHEDUCKSTER369 View Post (Source)
    http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/TheDuckster369/video/37205576

    I have been playing around with the interactions you can experience in regards to the meta alloys where in the situation that if you jettison 5 or more meta alloys whilst the thargoid vessel is still in the vicinity another thargoid warps in.
    I found that once the other thargoid warps in that dropping a further 5 meta alloys attracts both thargoids and they hang around abit. Also, ( I'm sure this has already been noted) but if you have a large amount of meta alloys on you after they scan you they will proceed to follow you peaceful for about 10-15 seconds before continuing on. They sure do like the meta alloys. Meta alloys may help us repair caustic damage so maybe to the thargoids the meta alloys are some form of essential like biomechanical food or for regeneration. Once I dropped quite a few they seemed to trust me getting closer
    Very interesting indeed, I truly don't think these guys are the more sinister klaxions and are infact the oresians just trying to survive and investigate as much as we are at the moment from a more hidden and potent threat
    Fly safe CMDRS o7

    Additional: I'd just like to add aswell hats of the fdev for mindblowing and chilling audio/sound effects in regards to the thargoids. The sound design is flawless and atmospheric!!!
    When the second one comes in, you can drop any of the items they desire and both will be drawn to it like bees. I usually use slaves because MAs are harder to come by. Dropping 15 slaves or more gives me enough time to recover from the EMP and scan the second Thargoid.

  8. #23
    Originally Posted by CMDRTHEDUCKSTER369 View Post (Source)
    http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/TheDuckster369/video/37205576

    I have been playing around with the interactions you can experience in regards to the meta alloys where in the situation that if you jettison 5 or more meta alloys whilst the thargoid vessel is still in the vicinity another thargoid warps in.
    I found that once the other thargoid warps in that dropping a further 5 meta alloys attracts both thargoids and they hang around abit. Also, ( I'm sure this has already been noted) but if you have a large amount of meta alloys on you after they scan you they will proceed to follow you peaceful for about 10-15 seconds before continuing on. They sure do like the meta alloys. Meta alloys may help us repair caustic damage so maybe to the thargoids the meta alloys are some form of essential like biomechanical food or for regeneration. Once I dropped quite a few they seemed to trust me getting closer
    Very interesting indeed, I truly don't think these guys are the more sinister klaxions and are infact the oresians just trying to survive and investigate as much as we are at the moment from a more hidden and potent threat
    Fly safe CMDRS o7

    Additional: I'd just like to add aswell hats of the fdev for mindblowing and chilling audio/sound effects in regards to the thargoids. The sound design is flawless and atmospheric!!!
    Yes they seem quite "talkative"

    Not sure what to make if it

    Wish I had had a discovery scanner to honk back

    But I figure it is calling for assistance in the collecting


  9. #24
    I droped two meta alloys and after half a minute the second one jumped in, EMPed me and scanned the items, like the first one. o_o

  10. #25
    I have had a few Hyperdictions

    2 have been with what I call the Mimic type Thargoids, They are quite Dark almost Black.

    They Hyperdict you then scan you and then sit there at 500m. They will mimic all your moves left and right etc and thrust back and forth.
    They don't attack when you take samples or if you have any Thargoid artifacts. ( not tried feeding them Meta Alloys yet )

    They don't have shields up and you can scan them. They have fairly weak weapons though if you attack and start a fight. I never killed either although did have the missiles. One time my missles never stopped firing ?? they just kept shooting out even though I wasnt pulling the trigger. They hit you with swarms of Thargons and a green spray. The green spray isnt so bad on your shields but does hull damage through the shields.

    One Was a more Grey colour - I called it a Rager and after Hyperdicting me it attacked very quickly You can scan it and it has shields that can be broken down with standard weapons, its a lot tougher and aggressive and fires a lazer type thing as well as the other stuff. The lasers damage your shields a lot. I ran away quick with this one.

    The ones in the USS tend to be aggressive if you jump in with Tharg Stuff or get too close.

    If you have Meta Alloys they Approach you and if you drop them they leave you alone. They are usually scavenging dead ships taking escape pods !!

    Taking samples from the ones at the USS makes the angry and attack, the scans have shown them to have shields up. I've not tried Guardian stuff with them as yet. Honking a Thargoif Probe ( I did this once ) didnt seem to do anything

    I used huge beams and PA's on one that attacked me at the USS and it did shield damage, Id say in terms of toughness it was in between The Mimic one and the Rager one.

    Havn't killed one as I'm not sure I want to, I think you would need a wing of at least 2 ( prob more ) with max Tharg Missles ( 4 per ship ) , these are the only things that damage the hearts.

    Will play around with them a bit more, I have designed a Conda Thargoid research vessel for this role. It has 2300 shields and 3200 hull and has hull repair limpets ( you will need them due to the corrosive nature of the weapons ).

    The Condas' canopy holds up quite well to attacks though which is good.

  11. #26
    Originally Posted by Vasious View Post (Source)
    Yes they seem quite "talkative"

    Not sure what to make if it

    Wish I had had a discovery scanner to honk back

    But I figure it is calling for assistance in the collecting

    https://youtu.be/F4jKGalGrxc
    Noticed something interesting. After you scanned the second Thargoid, the glyph was different on the scanner info panel than the first one. That's a possible indication that the glyph is actually a ship name.

  12. #27
    Originally Posted by Maligno View Post (Source)
    I usually use slaves because MAs are harder to come by. Dropping 15 slaves or more gives me enough time to recover from the EMP and scan the second Thargoid.
    ^^^^ that's the ol' Elite spirit, heh.

    Just chipping in, I can confirm that 5 meta alloys is enough for Thargoid 1 to call in support. #2 didn't seem interested in the MA I dropped at all, he just gave me a scan and then departed. VERY tense experience, I'm in a wee diamondback and staring down these big guys is a bit nerve-racking.

  13. #28
    Originally Posted by ShadowWolf Kell View Post (Source)
    Noticed something interesting. After you scanned the second Thargoid, the glyph was different on the scanner info panel than the first one. That's a possible indication that the glyph is actually a ship name.
    Yes if it was a faction/hive/club/family/caste marking I would have through they be similar

  14. #29
    Originally Posted by ape808 View Post (Source)
    ^^^^ that's the ol' Elite spirit, heh.

    Just chipping in, I can confirm that 5 meta alloys is enough for Thargoid 1 to call in support. #2 didn't seem interested in the MA I dropped at all, he just gave me a scan and then departed. VERY tense experience, I'm in a wee diamondback and staring down these big guys is a bit nerve-racking.
    LOL! Yeah, well, I told them that they're doing a service to humanity...

  15. #30
    Originally Posted by Ozric View Post (Source)
    Slaves, Imperial Slave, Escape Pods (all types) - The Thargoid collects them.
    You can add Master Chefs to this list. I tested them yesterday and, as expected, they were happy with them.

Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast