Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast

Thread: Thargoid Interactions

Originally Posted by Chris Rosenkreutz View Post (Source)
    You can add Master Chefs to this list. I tested them yesterday and, as expected, they were happy with them.
    Lol, their cooking disappointed you?

Possible method to decode the insignias?

They're harvesting humans to serve as hosts. My theory (that I've just pulled out of thin air) is that Thargoids are like that parasite that gets into an animal's brain via the food chain and takes control of it's brain. Vastly intelligent creatures but tiny.
    Whole colonies of them create the bio-mechanical ships by making tiny space suits out of meta alloys and bind themselves together to form ships. The hearts are in fact colony Queens each responsible for controlling the actions of the drones that form the wider petals.
    Basically parasites that form those ant rafts you see in tropical floods on the telly.
    It was on a David Attenborough documentary so it must be proper science and stuff eh!
    *End of silliness*

I flew to the newly discovered Thargoid crash site (link below) and took some of the Thargoid items (not at computer can't remember names) from it, before finding one scanning imperial cutter wreckage. It scanned me twice but left me alone before leaving. I'll try dropping them later and see what they do.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...5-8193-48-8662

I went to a non-human signal source (threat 5) and gathered up some scientific specimens only to be followed and attacked. I didn't jettison the cargo, but it ended up leaving my cargo hold anyway! The next NHSS I just watched and was attacked for no reason ... nothing in my hold etc. So that's either two different Thargoids or the same one. Brilliant stuff either way!

I can also confirm dropping batch of Meta Alloys will make the Thargoid call in another one (I've done it 4 times). I tried it with slaves and all the Thargoid did was Hoover them up. So they really do like the Meta Alloys.

Originally Posted by CMDR Redcrest View Post (Source)
    They're harvesting humans to serve as hosts. My theory (that I've just pulled out of thin air) is that Thargoids are like that parasite that gets into an animal's brain via the food chain and takes control of it's brain. Vastly intelligent creatures but tiny.
    Whole colonies of them create the bio-mechanical ships by making tiny space suits out of meta alloys and bind themselves together to form ships. The hearts are in fact colony Queens each responsible for controlling the actions of the drones that form the wider petals.
    Basically parasites that form those ant rafts you see in tropical floods on the telly.
    It was on a David Attenborough documentary so it must be proper science and stuff eh!
    *End of silliness*
    That's not silliness... and has been suggested before... Although not canon, it is in the early books back in the 80s!!!

Originally Posted by anthonycsheehy View Post (Source)
    That's not silliness... and has been suggested before... Although not canon, it is in the early books back in the 80s!!!
    Not quite - it was the juvenile Thargoids (Tharglets) that lived as a parasite. The adult Thargoids were insectoids in the same order of size as people.

Originally Posted by Ozric View Post (Source)
    Does it always take around a minute for the second one to drop in? Also do we know if this works with anything the Thargoids will chase you for? Sensors/Probes/Links

Interesting that it doesn't seem to pick up the Meta Alloys either, just EMPs you and then waits for the other before jumping out.
    Ive had the second one collectimg with the first one when i dropped 34 meta alloys.

Originally Posted by Kevin Kyle View Post (Source)
    Why of course, they are pacified right after you die, They are all good after that.
    Thats not a very constructive reply.

I guess most already know this, but here's how the datalink scan of a Thargoid looks like. You get the same message as with a manifest scanner:

Just had an encounter where it scanned me and didn't demand my Escape Pods...strange

I tried earlier to interrupt a Thargoid hyperspace jump just as the vessel entered the "wormhole" - I managed to do it and if nothing else it was a cool sight (in slow motion at the end):

Originally Posted by Arindor View Post (Source)
    I went to a non-human signal source (threat 5) and gathered up some scientific specimens only to be followed and attacked. I didn't jettison the cargo, but it ended up leaving my cargo hold anyway! The next NHSS I just watched and was attacked for no reason ... nothing in my hold etc. So that's either two different Thargoids or the same one. Brilliant stuff either way!
    It probable did attack you for a reason, & if my encounters were anything to go by it's because there was cargo/ships within it's scanning range at the point it scanned you, I bet it at least turned round before going red on you?

Ecthelion
    Yeah that's what I got, worth seeing again though, I forgot to record or scrnshot it .

Originally Posted by Chris Rosenkreutz View Post (Source)
    You can add Master Chefs to this list. I tested them yesterday and, as expected, they were happy with them.
    Thanks. I was planing to grab some Master Chefs. Now, I don't have to.

Good work.

Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast