Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234569 ... LastLast

Thread: Thargoid Interactions

Originally Posted by Assimilator1 View Post (Source)
    It probable did attack you for a reason, & if my encounters were anything to go by it's because there was cargo/ships within it's scanning range at the point it scanned you, I bet it at least turned round before going red on you?

Ecthelion
    Yeah that's what I got, worth seeing again though, I forgot to record or scrnshot it .
    IIRC, yes I think it did. However, in another encounter I obtained an occupied escape pod in the vicinity of the Thargoid ship, scanned, then ignored. Awesome!

Originally Posted by Arindor View Post (Source)
    IIRC, yes I think it did. However, in another encounter I obtained an occupied escape pod in the vicinity of the Thargoid ship, scanned, then ignored. Awesome!
    Nice to know that I might be ignored from time to time rescuing pods then , let's see how well my FDL weathers the damage!

Originally Posted by Ecthelion View Post (Source)
    I tried earlier to interrupt a Thargoid hyperspace jump just as the vessel entered the "wormhole" - I managed to do it and if nothing else it was a cool sight (in slow motion at the end):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9_rVUC2xpk
    Very cool!

I was just Hyperdicted on my way to Merope, when I scanned the vessel it gave me Ship Flight Data, don't know if it was anything new but I wanted to point it out.

I gave it 5 MetaAlloys and it called up the second one, I was EMP'd and then both left.

Did I discover something? Or nothing?

Originally Posted by R34per View Post (Source)
    I was just Hyperdicted on my way to Merope, when I scanned the vessel it gave me Ship Flight Data, don't know if it was anything new but I wanted to point it out.

I gave it 5 MetaAlloys and it called up the second one, I was EMP'd and then both left.

Did I discover something? Or nothing?
    Afraid it's happened before, but it's not nothing .

So, I've noticed that I've been getting different bounty rewards from the thargoids.

Could the symbols the thargoids have on their cockpit be their "rank?" If others can test to see if different symbols yield different bounty amounts, then that may be a way to test this theory.

Originally Posted by artigan99 View Post (Source)
    Very cool!
    Thanks!

Originally Posted by Kestril View Post (Source)
    So, I've noticed that I've been getting different bounty rewards from the thargoids.

Could the symbols the thargoids have on their cockpit be their "rank?" If others can test to see if different symbols yield different bounty amounts, then that may be a way to test this theory.
    From what I've experienced, a Cmdr present at the destruction of the Interceptor awards 1 Million, so if there are four Cmdrs, it's 4 Million for each of the Cmdr. Very weird reward system, encourages wing fights.

Originally Posted by GluttonyFang View Post (Source)
    From what I've experienced, a Cmdr present at the destruction of the Interceptor awards 1 Million, so if there are four Cmdrs, it's 4 Million for each of the Cmdr. Very weird reward system, encourages wing fights.
    I've been awarded 6 million twice for the destruction of a thargoid with a wing of 3. And 4 million in a wing of 2. --The reward system quoted doesn't match up to my experience in-game.

I've been awarded 6 million twice for the destruction of a thargoid with a wing of 3. And 4 million in a wing of 2. --The reward system quoted doesn't match up to my experience in-game.
    I guess there is a bug about rewards somewhere. On solo kills, on screen is written awarded 2 millions, but when i go to actually withdraw it from a station I only get 1 million...

Originally Posted by anthonycsheehy View Post (Source)
    That's not silliness... and has been suggested before... Although not canon, it is in the early books back in the 80s!!!
    Wow really!!?? I was just having a stream of consciousness moment before getting my head down after nights. Never read the early books or any other Elite based book!

Are we keeping track of where Thargoids are being spotted? Because I just saw one at Hyades Sector AQ-Y D81, the same system the Gnosis jumped into. It's about half way between the Pleiades and the Bubble.

Originally Posted by Darth_Angelus View Post (Source)
    Are we keeping track of where Thargoids are being spotted? Because I just saw one at Hyades Sector AQ-Y D81, the same system the Gnosis jumped into. It's about half way between the Pleiades and the Bubble.

http://codedtransmission.com/thargoidsighting.jpg
    I asked the same, no reply, for what it's worth, the furthest NHSS I've seen from Merope is ~133 LYs.
    Seems Hyades Sector AQ-Y D81 is 117 LYs from Merope.

Got interdicted by a Thargoid ship today. My first encounter with the Aliens. Unfortunately for me I was in my Asp and not my Corvette. So... I rolled my ship over on its' back and showed the Thargoids my unprotected private parts (as a sign of peaceful intent because this is what my puppy does to me). Anyway, after he got done "sniffing" me with his sensors he opened a hole in space and jumped out of the system. When I regained my dignity, I mean composure, I scanned the area and found a Federal Corvette with a huge hole in it venting gas into space. There were also patches of green slime on the hull. I retrieved the Corvette's black box and tactical info and will turn it in to the authorities.

That is strange indeed...

Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234569 ... LastLast