Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456710 ... LastLast

Thread: Thargoid Interactions

Originally Posted by Ecthelion View Post (Source)
    I tried earlier to interrupt a Thargoid hyperspace jump just as the vessel entered the "wormhole" - I managed to do it and if nothing else it was a cool sight (in slow motion at the end):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9_rVUC2xpk
    Very nice indeed! And I have to give you props for trying something so risky. You must have the highest dirty drive upgrade on those thrusters!

So as far as behavior/interaction is concerned...well, they don't like it when you interrupt their wormhole ritual!

Quick question, need to ask. Has anyone taken down the dark Thargoids? The ones that interdict you, has anyone killed one yet?

Originally Posted by Assimilator1 View Post (Source)
    I asked the same, no reply, for what it's worth, the furthest NHSS I've seen from Merope is ~133 LYs.
    Seems Hyades Sector AQ-Y D81 is 117 LYs from Merope.
    It's only just getting going, but there is a Canonn data-gathering project proposal in the mysteries thread.

I'll cross-post the links to the report submission forms and to the main spreadsheet.

Battlezone Location Reports
    Hyperdiction Location Reports
    Database of Reports

Hold on a second... Didn't I read somewhere that the Thargoids are supposed to have a hive mind?

Yet we're seeing individual differences in Thargoid behaviour...and, as stated in Premonition, they know that humans aren't a hive mind and don't hold our individual behaviour against the whole species.

The Thargoid individual behaviour seems at odds with this though.

Originally Posted by JesusRocks1988 View Post (Source)
    Hold on a second... Didn't I read somewhere that the Thargoids are supposed to have a hive mind?

Yet we're seeing individual differences in Thargoid behaviour...and, as stated in Premonition, they know that humans aren't a hive mind and don't hold our individual behaviour against the whole species.

The Thargoid individual behaviour seems at odds with this though.
    Yes, i and many others believe were seeing oserians not the klaxians. They are more free thinking and i dont think have a hive mind or queen, plus it would make sense when it came to their individual behavior and also when you get more than one in an area they sit there confused on what to do next. I also believe when the main klaxian thargoid invasion happens it will be many ships at once, not just one here or there.

Originally Posted by Kort View Post (Source)
    ... I retrieved the Corvette's black box and tactical info and will turn it in to the authorities.
    My bag of leftovers contained a black box and some illegal experimental technology. Oh what I wouldn't give for an independant lab to analyse them both for me. :7

EDIT: (Out of the Darkness spoilers below)
    Do we reckon the interceptors are "manned", by the way? I recall the patrols in Out of the Darkness were referred to as "drone" ships, and we still haven't seen much of anything though that large canopy, have we?
    (Of course, were we to talk bees, we could go full circle with the "drone" word. :P)

A rather unsuccessful (and ill planned and poorly executed) attempt to engage a Thargoid visiting the Barnacle Forest

Originally Posted by spameroo View Post (Source)
    It's only just getting going, but there is a Canonn data-gathering project proposal in the mysteries thread.

I'll cross-post the links to the report submission forms and to the main spreadsheet.

Battlezone Location Reports
    Hyperdiction Location Reports
    Database of Reports
    Today I have set course from the Pleiades back to the bubble. I have chosen economy mode and hopped in 5-8 ly jumps. I had Non-Human USS at every star until about 60LY away from Maia, then less frequent until 70LY away. Then the NH-USS stopped to appear.

So the "Thargoid Bubble" maybe is about 70 Ly around Maia, but directions other then back to the bubbel have to be confirmed, if it is of any meaning at all.

The last system I have enoutered a NH-USS in was Pleiades Sector ZA-N B7-3

Originally Posted by Vasious View Post (Source)
    A rather unsuccessful (and ill planned and poorly executed) attempt to engage a Thargoid visiting the Barnacle Forest

https://youtu.be/OU368CdAngo
    I tried to lure one to a planet surface but they stop following at 256 km, planet side fighting AI for the Interceptor isn't done yet, I'm assuming.

Originally Posted by Maligno View Post (Source)
    Very nice indeed! And I have to give you props for trying something so risky. You must have the highest dirty drive upgrade on those thrusters!

So as far as behavior/interaction is concerned...well, they don't like it when you interrupt their wormhole ritual!
    Thanks! They are dirty indeed

Just dropped into a Non Human Threat 5.... No Thargoids!
    Nothing but a wrecked Fed ship a damaged escape pod, scientific research and Military grade Fabric.
    Hung around for a while... no Flower ship, so decided to pick up the Thargoid "CatNip" (aka damaged escape pod).

I will use it as a peace offering.... better them than me!!

Should the peaceful interactions summary be posted on the first page of this thread?

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...with-Thargoids

I decided that fighting is not for me so I got 2 canisters of Slaves and dropped them at the nearest NHSS. More humane than using an occupied escape pod I thought.
    Now the Unknowns are green in my contacts tab. Now skipping phase 2 and expecting Profit soon.

This time I tried to scoop the Escape Pod before the Thargoid Interceptor did.
    I must have been lucky because it did not get angry with me.
    I dropped the Thargoid Probe and all the Meta Alloy I had in my cargo hold to observe his reaction.
    It only has shown signs of concern when I was getting too close to him.
    Then, another Thargoid ship jumped in and disabled my ship.
    That second Thargoid ship did scoop some Meta Alloy before jumping out as well.

How often do you guys get hyperdicted?
    I've got some things I want to try out with the Thargoid that mimics your moves after a hyperdiction but I've only been pulled out of witchspace once and never again.
    I just keep jumping around waiting to get pulled out of jump.

o7

Originally Posted by Dutchman141 View Post (Source)
    How often do you guys get hyperdicted?
    I've got some things I want to try out with the Thargoid that mimics your moves after a hyperdiction but I've only been pulled out of witchspace once and never again.
    I just keep jumping around waiting to get pulled out of jump.

o7
    I have never been hyperdicted.
    I have never seen a Thargoid at a Barnacle site.
    I have never fired on a Thargoid, or been fired upon.
    I have never used a Research Limpet on a Thargoid.

I've dropped into Non-Human SS and watched and scanned Thargoids.
    I've visited Barnacles, but never shot one.
    I've seen UA and UP, but never shot or been in possession of one.
    I've scanned the Unknown Structure central core, and activated the star map while UA and UP were owned and handled by other CMDRs.
    I've possessed/carried/sold ONE Meta-Alloy, fallen from a Barnacle spire which another CMDR shot. This was back on day one of Barnacle discovery.

Currently I'm at the Barnacle forest, so I'll see if I get a chance to see a Thargoid come down out there during my stay.

Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456710 ... LastLast