Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 58910111215 ... LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 436

Thread: Surface Features - Barnacles/Unknown Structures/Crashed Ships etc...

  1. #136
    Actually we are discussing about an interpretation of art, because that is what I consider Elite: Dangerous to be.

    Ships or ground bases? Admittedly I find it very hard to prove you wrong on many of your arguments. Maybe I am really jumping to conclusions here, but these sites look so much like bigger versions of Thargoid ships that I find it difficult to belief that they are something other than their capital ships. Maybe it's just wishful thinking, because I really hope to see one of them alive and flying in space someday. Time will tell, I guess.

    I never said they crash landed on these moons. Rather I think they are coming to the Pleiades, move into a system to retire and then they are landing in a crater or a depression of suitable size, where they are decomposed by the scavengers. In the surrounding area of one of the sites I even found chondrites and materials that can typically be found near impact craters, although this presumably needs further investigation to rule out that these findings were just coincidental.

    Why there is only one of them per system I have no idea, maybe after they are transformed into Barnacle farms, they serve as something like gas stations for the smaller Thargoid ships and they find it unnecessary to have more than one place per system to get fuel and snacks, maybe their central structures function as antennas for their navigation, maybe Thargoid Links do only point at a certain site of a system and there are systems with more than one site that just havn't been identified as such, yet...
    That question I can not answer, but that doesn't mean there is no answer.

    One more point I am not convinced about is that the sites are indeed infected with Mycoid. When we scan the crashed scout ship on HIP 17125, the scan message informs us about the presence of the virus, something that none of the scans I did at sites showed. I think on my next trip I should visit one of the inactive sites that are nearest to the bubble. If there is evidence that these structures had been attacked by Mycoid, it is probably found at one of those.

    I totally agree with you that Thargoids aren't animals, at least not much more or less than humans are. But what we are seeing is in fact an alien eco-system. That does not necessarily mean that it developed naturally. If a visitor from outer space could see a herd of grazing cows on a meadow, it seems very likely he would not be able to tell if this was a naturally ocurring eco-system or an artificial one. We know for sure that Thargoid technology is highly organic, based on biology rather than physics like ours, so it is safe to assume that they altered or even created this eco-system to fit their needs. And yes, we've only had a little peek at something much bigger, there is still a whole civilization yet to be discovered.

  2. #137
    Originally Posted by Hazzu View Post (Source)
    "I cant get no sleep..."

    Another Barnacle "forest" found.

    Album\Images just for reference. You really need to get here.

    https://imgur.com/a/B4TZR

    Pleiades Sector PN-T b3-0 - Planet A5
    Coordinates:
    Lat: -4.4946
    Long: 145.6557

    Enjoy


    Just found myself a friend there

  3. #138
    Originally Posted by Le-Betz View Post (Source)
    One more point I am not convinced about is that the sites are indeed infected with Mycoid.
    If you look at the yellow-brown patches on that video you posted, and any other photos or videos, and compare that to the yellow-brown Mycoid damage present and very visible on the crashed scout and present at all the INRA bases, they all seem pretty similar.

    While simply being yellow-brown isn't a great test for the presence of mycoid, it's what we've got, and Fdev are pretty consistent with their visual langue and telegraphing connections between things.

    I've not been to all 220+ sites, but I've been to maybe 10 of them, and all those I've seen share that yellow-brown patches of damage and the big boils. The more damaged one tend to just have the central chamber collapsed and seem a bit more run down.

  4. #139
    Originally Posted by Moribus View Post (Source)
    I think that's a good explanation.

    It's certainly a very odd crash site, the way things are positioned always seemed odd, only the Thargoid ship has the "crash gouges" IIRC (It's been a while). I like the idea of the EMP knocking out ships as they came in to land, that really seems to fit the positioning. Is there any reason you think it wasn't just one lot of ships came in to land and got hit with the EMP? (point 1 and 2 might have been the same wave and they came to salvage a crashed ship, only to trigger and EMP that crippled them?)

    Strange thing about that site too - it's pretty far out for class2b enabled ships (assuming the crash is from pre-3300-ish since the shipwrecks look so old?). Wasn't that wreck recently dated to around 100 years old? Do you think then that means the human ships found the wreck and came in to land much more recently, or should we ignore the modern look and assume those are supposed to be 100 year old wrecks (not sure the Type-9 was even around back then!). The weathering on the wrecks and how burred they are seems to indicate they've been there for a long time doesn't it?


    before i begin my DBX is there for reference purposes.

    in the picture above there looks to be 1 thargoid ship, 4 intact ships of known types and 1 burn't wreck of unknown type of human ship. hidden under the T-9 on the ground is the second wreck of unknown human ship which like i said was crushed by the T-9 when it fell. the reason i believe that there was possibly 2 salvage events instead of just 1 is the weathering on the anaconda's looks to be more advanced than the T-9's but it is also possible that the anaconda and T-9 on the ground were one group and the second anaconda and T-9 on the mountain were a second group.

    as for the age and timeline i was going from other theories about the age, and was wondering myself how old the Type 9 design was, because to be honest if the 2 wrecks and the thargoid are 100 years old and the Type 9 is say 50 years old. the question is how did 2 Type 9's get destroyed by a thargoid ship when they possibly were not even built at the time? and even then how did they get there when most ships 100 yrs ago stuggled to get across the bubble?

    this is why me and modish posted here in the hopes that we might get help understanding the site, and also it is one of the bigger crash sites found yet no one really looked at it in detail.

    P.S. the 2 Wrecks seem to be T-9's but due to the extreme damage and deterioration it was hard to confirm this

  5. #140
    Originally Posted by acidburn2k20 View Post (Source)
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DNYLimSWsAAANXV.jpg

    before i begin my DBX is there for reference purposes.

    in the picture above there looks to be 1 thargoid ship, 4 intact ships of known types and 1 burn't wreck of unknown type of human ship. hidden under the T-9 on the ground is the second wreck of unknown human ship which like i said was crushed by the T-9 when it fell. the reason i believe that there was possibly 2 salvage events instead of just 1 is the weathering on the anaconda's looks to be more advanced than the T-9's but it is also possible that the anaconda and T-9 on the ground were one group and the second anaconda and T-9 on the mountain were a second group.

    as for the age and timeline i was going from other theories about the age, and was wondering myself how old the Type 9 design was, because to be honest if the 2 wrecks and the thargoid are 100 years old and the Type 9 is say 50 years old. the question is how did 2 Type 9's get destroyed by a thargoid ship when they possibly were not even built at the time? and even then how did they get there when most ships 100 yrs ago stuggled to get across the bubble?

    this is why me and modish posted here in the hopes that we might get help understanding the site, and also it is one of the bigger crash sites found yet no one really looked at it in detail.

    P.S. the 2 Wrecks seem to be T-9's but due to the extreme damage and deterioration it was hard to confirm this
    You may well be correct about a crash site with two separate crash events; however I thought the statement that "the Thargoid is 100 years old" was intended to apply to the goid scout on HIP.... and it may be that this goid crash is more recent.

    It may also be that the age statement is disinformation.

  6. #141
    Originally Posted by Jorki Rasalas View Post (Source)
    You may well be correct about a crash site with two separate crash events; however I thought the statement that "the Thargoid is 100 years old" was intended to apply to the goid scout on HIP.... and it may be that this goid crash is more recent.

    It may also be that the age statement is disinformation.
    unfortunately without anyway to date the thargoid or the unknown wrecks i can only assume date from other crash sites. but there is a tourist beacon in orbit, that i have never really scanned yet maybe i should later and see what info it has.

    as for the crash site itself, the age of the site is maybe 25 - 100 years old depending on any additional information. the thargoid ship appears to be of an unknown class type, as it appears smaller than the cyclops but bigger than the scout. and the unknown human wreckage seems unrecognisable due to the damage, which if there was at least one bit of date able evidence would make it easy.

    as a side note to who ever said the SRV was damaged by carrying unknown artifacts, it is possible but for the fact there are blast marks on the SRV

  7. #142
    Originally Posted by Jorki Rasalas View Post (Source)
    You may well be correct about a crash site with two separate crash events; however I thought the statement that "the Thargoid is 100 years old" was intended to apply to the goid scout on HIP.... and it may be that this goid crash is more recent.

    It may also be that the age statement is disinformation.
    The ship it's talking about is the one in Pleiades Sector AB-W B2-4 but that's the same type of ship as the one in HIP 17403 afaik. It's not certain they are going to be dated the same, but I think the general idea is that they're hinting that the Mycoid infection and/or the general retreat of Thargoids from the Pleiades (approx 150 years ago) is roughly concurrent with the crashes.

    Here's the Galnet article:


    14 OCT 3303

    Some of the galaxy’s leading Thargoid experts have been discussing the discovery of a new alien ship in the HIP 17125 system.

    Images of the crashed vessel reveal that it is structurally distinct from the Thargoid Interceptor, while sharing many superficial similarities. The ship has been classified as a ‘Thargoid Scout’ by the Pilots Federation for the purposes of identification and differentiation.

    Discussing the discovery on the ‘Galaxy Now’ programme, Admiral Aden Tanner, Aegis’s chief military liaison, said:

    “There are clear similarities between this ship and the Interceptor, both of which appear to be made from a quasi-organic material. It would be logical to extrapolate from the ship’s profile that it would be faster and perhaps more manoeuvrable than the Interceptor, but I’d be reluctant to speculate further.”

    Speaking on the same programme, Professor Alba Tesreau, also of Aegis, commented:

    “Recent analysis of the Thargoid shipwreck in the Pleiades Sector AB-W B2-4 system indicates that it is a little over 100 years old, despite being extremely similar, if not identical, to the currently active Thargoid Interceptor. This suggests that Thargoid ship design does not change particularly rapidly, and also that the shipwreck in HIP 17125 could be equally old.”


    Originally Posted by acidburn2k20 View Post (Source)
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DNYLimSWsAAANXV.jpg

    before i begin my DBX is there for reference purposes.

    in the picture above there looks to be 1 thargoid ship, 4 intact ships of known types and 1 burn't wreck of unknown type of human ship. hidden under the T-9 on the ground is the second wreck of unknown human ship which like i said was crushed by the T-9 when it fell. the reason i believe that there was possibly 2 salvage events instead of just 1 is the weathering on the anaconda's looks to be more advanced than the T-9's but it is also possible that the anaconda and T-9 on the ground were one group and the second anaconda and T-9 on the mountain were a second group.

    as for the age and timeline i was going from other theories about the age, and was wondering myself how old the Type 9 design was, because to be honest if the 2 wrecks and the thargoid are 100 years old and the Type 9 is say 50 years old. the question is how did 2 Type 9's get destroyed by a thargoid ship when they possibly were not even built at the time? and even then how did they get there when most ships 100 yrs ago stuggled to get across the bubble?

    this is why me and modish posted here in the hopes that we might get help understanding the site, and also it is one of the bigger crash sites found yet no one really looked at it in detail.

    P.S. the 2 Wrecks seem to be T-9's but due to the extreme damage and deterioration it was hard to confirm this
    Makes sense! The wrecks do all look really old, considering it's an airless planet they are really worn, it would surely take more than a couple of years to do that, that does lend a lot to your ideas about them being really old.

  8. #143
    Originally Posted by Moribus View Post (Source)
    The ship it's talking about is the one in Pleiades Sector AB-W B2-4 but that's the same type of ship as the one in HIP 17403 afaik. It's not certain they are going to be dated the same, but I think the general idea is that they're hinting that the Mycoid infection and/or the general retreat of Thargoids from the Pleiades (approx 150 years ago) is roughly concurrent with the crashes.

    Here's the Galnet article:


    14 OCT 3303

    Some of the galaxy’s leading Thargoid experts have been discussing the discovery of a new alien ship in the HIP 17125 system.

    Images of the crashed vessel reveal that it is structurally distinct from the Thargoid Interceptor, while sharing many superficial similarities. The ship has been classified as a ‘Thargoid Scout’ by the Pilots Federation for the purposes of identification and differentiation.

    Discussing the discovery on the ‘Galaxy Now’ programme, Admiral Aden Tanner, Aegis’s chief military liaison, said:

    “There are clear similarities between this ship and the Interceptor, both of which appear to be made from a quasi-organic material. It would be logical to extrapolate from the ship’s profile that it would be faster and perhaps more manoeuvrable than the Interceptor, but I’d be reluctant to speculate further.”

    Speaking on the same programme, Professor Alba Tesreau, also of Aegis, commented:

    “Recent analysis of the Thargoid shipwreck in the Pleiades Sector AB-W B2-4 system indicates that it is a little over 100 years old, despite being extremely similar, if not identical, to the currently active Thargoid Interceptor. This suggests that Thargoid ship design does not change particularly rapidly, and also that the shipwreck in HIP 17125 could be equally old.”




    Makes sense! The wrecks do all look really old, considering it's an airless planet they are really worn, it would surely take more than a couple of years to do that, that does lend a lot to your ideas about them being really old.
    the only unanswered questions i have are these and any help answering them will be much appreciated:

    1, what class of ship are the unknown wrecks and were they capable of damaging the thargoid ship?
    2a, what class of ship is the thargoid ship? and 2b, could the ship still be active? as there seems to be sounds coming from it that are consistent with live thargoid calls.
    3, why were the 2 anaconda's and T-9's there and how did they find the wreck site? also where did the battle damage come from on the 2 ships on the ground?

  9. #144
    Originally Posted by acidburn2k20 View Post (Source)
    the only unanswered questions i have are these and any help answering them will be much appreciated:

    1, what class of ship are the unknown wrecks and were they capable of damaging the thargoid ship?
    2a, what class of ship is the thargoid ship? and 2b, could the ship still be active? as there seems to be sounds coming from it that are consistent with live thargoid calls.
    3, why were the 2 anaconda's and T-9's there and how did they find the wreck site? also where did the battle damage come from on the 2 ships on the ground?
    Stretching my memory again, but isn't the multi-crash site the outcome of the treasure hunt set by the 2.2 (2.3??) trailer. There may be some background in those clues.

    edit: nope, my mistake. Just checked the Wiki & the Hunt led to the crash on Pleiades Sector AB-W B2-4, & AEGIS said that one is some 100years old.
    Really should learn to check things before posting, sorry!

  10. #145
    Originally Posted by acidburn2k20 View Post (Source)
    the only unanswered questions i have are these and any help answering them will be much appreciated:

    1, what class of ship are the unknown wrecks and were they capable of damaging the thargoid ship?
    2a, what class of ship is the thargoid ship? and 2b, could the ship still be active? as there seems to be sounds coming from it that are consistent with live thargoid calls.
    3, why were the 2 anaconda's and T-9's there and how did they find the wreck site? also where did the battle damage come from on the 2 ships on the ground?
    1) - It's meta I know, but those wreck parts are the same parts as you get in the generic wreck POI on the ground and in space. I'm not sure they belong to anything specific and just "wrecked ship parts". Sadly it means there might be no ways to determine what they were supposed to be by examining wreckage and things. In Lore we know that many older classes were scrapped because they couldn't be converted to FSD, so... it could be ships that literally don't exist any more (and so we've never seen them not-wrecked).

    2a) (source) Here's a reconstruction by CMDR Niamhy - I'm not sure how accurate this is I've never really studied that crash parts.





    2b) I assumed those sounds came from the UA's found nearby - but - now I think about it I guess that doesn't make sense?

    3) No clue, that's really interesting. We do know that the Feds used to ship around UA's in the bubble and those convoys were in Type-9's IIRC. I guess we could be seeing the remains of one salvage operation that went wrong (there may be lots of crashes we've not found yet). The Feds must have got the UA's from somewhere.

    I have one more question for you.

    The ships don't seem to have Mycoid damage do they?

  11. #146
    Originally Posted by Jorki Rasalas View Post (Source)
    Stretching my memory again, but isn't the multi-crash site the outcome of the treasure hunt set by the 2.2 (2.3??) trailer. There may be some background in those clues.

    edit: nope, my mistake. Just checked the Wiki & the Hunt led to the crash on Pleiades Sector AB-W B2-4, & AEGIS said that one is some 100years old.
    Really should learn to check things before posting, sorry!
    its fine, if you think about it most thargoid crash sites look similar in age and appearance, though i do wonder if i am right about them being a completely different type to cyclops or scouts

  12. #147
    As always, you have some cool theories. But I have some observations and comments for ya...

    Originally Posted by Moribus View Post (Source)

    The Barnacles are changing, we definitely know that. They may well be the sites of new bases, but I think it's more likely there's something else afoot. We've never seen a Scavenger drone anywhere near a barnacle (AFAIK)...
    I believe the first barnacle forest that PanPiper discovered has Scavengers wandering around, so I'm not sure how that affects your theory.

    Also, you say that we definitely know that barnacles are changing. That's a strong statement, what's the body of evidence supporting that?

  13. #148
    Originally Posted by Maligno View Post (Source)
    As always, you have some cool theories. But I have some observations and comments for ya...



    I believe the first barnacle forest that PanPiper discovered has Scavengers wandering around, so I'm not sure how that affects your theory.

    Also, you say that we definitely know that barnacles are changing. That's a strong statement, what's the body of evidence supporting that?
    I've been to that site and I did see Scavengers there.

  14. #149
    The "JJ" T9s and the black Anacondas don't look anything like 50 years old to me. Those "JJ" T9s look quite recent.

    Did I mention the "JJ" ship IDs? Just in case I didn't mention the "JJ" (pron. JAY JAY) ship IDs, what does everyone think about the "JJ" ship IDs?

  15. #150
    Originally Posted by acidburn2k20 View Post (Source)
    as a side note to who ever said the SRV was damaged by carrying unknown artifacts, it is possible but for the fact there are blast marks on the SRV
    That was me. Alright, maybe I did not look closely enough. But are you absolutely certain that those marks were caused by blasts rather by, say, an explosion caused by module damage which in turn was caused by the corrosion?
    How does the game represent SRVs destroyed by UA corrosion? We could actually test that - one player observing another one who waits until her/his SRV is destroyed due to UA corrosion, then comparing the wreck with the one at the crash site.
    Until I see that, I remain doubtful whether we can interpret the marks of destruction on an SRV securely and attribute them with certainty to a specific method of destruction.

Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 58910111215 ... LastLast