Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Surface Features - Barnacles/Unknown Structures/Crashed Ships etc...

Originally Posted by Hazzu View Post (Source)
    JJ-386 Cobra:

HIP 12099 1 B
    -54.36, -50.36

https://i.imgur.com/aWC2hHW.png
    out of rep.

Great find.

Anyone posted the logs yet?

Originally Posted by Assimilator1 View Post (Source)
    Anyone posted the logs yet?

See the INRA Bases thread.

JJ-386 Cobra:

HIP 12099 1 B
    -54.36, -50.36

https://i.imgur.com/aWC2hHW.png
    Really great! Really! Congratulations. How did you come across that site? Is it always "by chance" or have you developed certain protocol by the time? Finding such a tiny spot in this vast universe! And flying 20 km across the surface and you don't know where to look at... Thank you for that!
    I was just there - it is really spooky to sit there on the ground near the ship and listening to the logs. And also heart touching. I found two other things in the area, nothing of importance but worth to show. I am just preparing the pictures.

When I looked around at the crash site on HIP 12099 1B I saw a light in the distance. After a ride of about 4 km I found a mining facility of an unnamed owner, heavily guarded by two turrets and some drones. At the side there was a round structure in the ground, maybe the entrance to the facility. No data point there.

https://imgur.com/a/nYc3q

Just visited John Jameson's Cobra. It's a sad way for a guy like him to go...

Originally Posted by Henoch View Post (Source)
    When I looked around at the crash site on HIP 12099 1B I saw a light in the distance. After a ride of about 4 km I found a mining facility of an unnamed owner, heavily guarded by two turrets and some drones. At the side there was a round structure in the ground, maybe the entrance to the facility. No data point there.

https://imgur.com/a/nYc3q
    Just one of the usual random poi

Originally Posted by Henoch View Post (Source)
    Really great! Really! Congratulations. How did you come across that site? Is it always "by chance" or have you developed certain protocol by the time? Finding such a tiny spot in this vast universe! And flying 20 km across the surface and you don't know where to look at... Thank you for that!
    I was just there - it is really spooky to sit there on the ground near the ship and listening to the logs. And also heart touching. I found two other things in the area, nothing of importance but worth to show. I am just preparing the pictures.
    I wasnt looking for IT It is a small planet that is very simillar to 1A and contained some minor tell-tell signs so I thought thargoid scout or another base could be there. I spend about 5-7hour average beiging for anything surface so familliar with lot of little things. In hindsight they are silly but when compared to all discoveries made over last years, percent goes waaay up.
    Anyway, Lots of POI around but both bases and scouts are not marked as POI so didnt investigate many. After about 3 hours or so I noticed a huge texture bug. From the past experience they usually mean something is there. It is not 100% but close. In before cases - barnacles and barnacle forest. After flying around that area for about 20min I saw the lights and the wreck. Then I suffered a minor heart attack...

Lol

A huge texture bug? As in the large black squares?
    I haven't (so far) found a Thargoid Structure in any of those, I did look carefully too. But if that's the bug you mean, maybe I should've looked closer at more of them! Although others had said they don't mean anything......

Originally Posted by Assimilator1 View Post (Source)
    Lol

A huge texture bug? As in the large black squares?
    I haven't (so far) found a Thargoid Structure in any of those, I did look carefully too. But if that's the bug you mean, maybe I should've looked closer at more of them! Although others had said they don't mean anything......
    As said, it is not 100%. But go to the 2nd megabarnacle. It still has it tho it is more of a big fat line right through the center and going... Go to the 9th INRA base, also has it left of the area... Tons of other places (small barnacles)... my guess it is side effect of placing stuff on planet and rendering it. Some people noticed "hovering rocks" and generally weird displaced terrain around the crash site.
    You can try flying where there is nothing around and try to get the square. You might find it but then I suggest you scout that area carefully.

my guess it is side effect of placing stuff on planet and rendering it. Some people noticed "hovering rocks" and generally weird displaced terrain around the crash site.
    I get black squares all the time looking for things like geysers or brain trees, in places that have nothing of interest, so I don't think it has anything to do with "placing stuff on planet", but of course you can have your own opinion Most of the stuff I found was outside of the black squares.

Originally Posted by Baton View Post (Source)
    I get black squares all the time looking for things like geysers or brain trees, in places that have nothing of interest, so I don't think it has anything to do with "placing stuff on planet", but of course you can have your own opinion Most of the stuff I found was outside of the black squares.
    It was just outside of the square. 4 longitude degrees.

It was just outside of the square. 4 longitude degrees.
    From a member of Canonn I would expect better than use of suspected bugs

Originally Posted by Baton View Post (Source)
    From a member of Canonn I would expect better than use of suspected bugs
    You are right... I wish crash sites, barnacles, bases are POI (different colour maybe) atleast for now so there is some method to madness but... you use what you can until The Beyond and new planet exploration help.

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021 LastLast