Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 26293031

Thread: Surface Features - Barnacles/Unknown Structures/Crashed Ships etc...

Originally Posted by Jmanis View Post (Source)
    If you don't know the joke, do you even drink tea and eat biscuits, that's what I rekon
    You might not even own a Timocani tinfoil hat.

Or wear it like true scientist/janitor

New TS discovered:

(pure accident - the pan was not hot enough, or higher spirits telling me I play ED too much)

Lol, you made me take a double look before I opened the spoiler! , I thought, 'damn! Someone's found 1 more before I've even found one!' . (My Asp is sat over a planet atm, part way through a search for a new TS).

Han dude you made me spit my coffee out with that second pic.

Originally Posted by Th3 0utKa5t View Post (Source)
    Han dude you made me spit my coffee out with that second pic.
    For those that don't know.
    The scientist in the picture is the legendary Commander Derthek. The creator of the Gnosis and janitor of the Canonn.

That tinfoil hat in the picture was sent to David Braben as gift and has been used by Ed on live streams. I hope it's still ok.

Regarding location and grid etc - Balte 1A 0.6165 -45.7333 . It's in the bottom of a gorge and if you don't use a small ship and land in the space down there (I used a DBX and struggled to find a spot) it's very difficult to access.

You can get down with the SRV, but it's a near sheer drop on one side and impossible on the other. I had a heck of a job recovering to my ship, which I had to send away and recall many times before I could get to it, travelling back along the length of the ravine over very difficult terrain. So best landing at the exact site - which is as shown in the screenshot, rather than what is given in the tip message (which wasn't exact - I landed then used the sensor to find the wreck).

There was a message of some kind when I scanned the ship, but it was of zero use - don't think I took a screenie, but I had EDMC open, so might be able to find it in the logs.

Update Edit: No - no screenie and although the wrecked ship scan is shown in the EDMC log, it's content isn't. I'm sure it was nothing of consequence. If it was, I would have made a note or not deleted it. Just some ramblings about the guy on the ship hoping he would survive, IIRC.

Exact entries (including the screenie I posted) with even more precise grid reference info:

{ "timestamp":"2018-10-09T20:14:03Z", "event":"Screenshot", "Filename":"\\ED_Pictures\\Screenshot_0029.bmp", "Width":1280, "Height":768, "System":"Balte", "Body":"Balte 1 a", "Latitude":0.616498, "Longitude":-45.733337, "Heading":323 }
    { "timestamp":"2018-10-09T20:14:44Z", "event":"DataScanned", "Type":"WreckedShip" }
    There is a single cargo rack available to shoot at, which just contains a single piece of antimony.

Update 2: Turns out I hadn't deleted the scanned message - and as i thought, it contains nothing of value:

A new barnacle system with a new lower bound surface temperature limit for barnacles.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...=1#post7111213

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 26293031