Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 234569 ... LastLast

Thread: Surface Features - Barnacles/Unknown Structures/Crashed Ships etc...

Originally Posted by LordZoltan View Post (Source)
    Is everyone happy to say that the green stuff is Mycoid?
    I don't agree.
    Why it should be Mycoid? This "unknown green snots" now appears even at barnacles and I don't think that in 2.4 barnacles suddenly are sick.
    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...=1#post5986913
    I think it is some useful stuff for thargoids - let it be thargoid baby skin cream for accelerated regeneration.

Originally Posted by ModishNouns View Post (Source)
    Very cool, Jmanis. What technique did you use?
    OK, so it turns out it's a confirmed bug now. Frankly, I think it's a bug that actually improves the game and should be embraced more, but I'll desist from posting more scans now if it is a bug. Damn shame that it's almost certainly going to be "fixed"... for the first time ever I busted out to Pleiades and Witch Head, and planned to hit California Nebula, to look for surface stuff, and I'm having lots of fun doing it.

First Thargoid smuggling missions, now this...

Question, have Thargoid Data points at the Structure, outside, attached to the "walls", already been there pre-2.4?
    And did anyone try to find and scan all and each of those?

Originally Posted by Uvelius Sång View Post (Source)
    Question, have Thargoid Data points at the Structure, outside, attached to the "walls", already been there pre-2.4?
    And did anyone try to find and scan all and each of those?
    Yes. They're more common at inactive sites, but at active, partially ruined sites they can also bee present. Scanning them is how to mark the site location.

Relevant for this thread, I've just raised a suggestion regarding the bug being used to find barnacles all over the place here.

Please feel free to add comment to it.

Brain Trees

Hello folks, just reporting that I've found some trees at this planet:

At around here:

Co-Ords:

Just in case anyone records where these are.

Originally Posted by CMDR Dreamstate View Post (Source)
    Brain Trees

Co-Ords:

Just in case anyone records where these are.
    Hi, congrats, best is to report them here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets..._home&ths=true

Not sure if anyone else has reported this, but Scavengers (at thargoid surface sites) drop Thargoid Energy Cells when destroyed.

Is anyone else thinking that the barnacle forrest is becomming a thargoid surface site. The centre barnacle looks like its opening up to look like the centre of a thargoid surface site. Or it could be a thargoid breeding ground.

If anyone is in the area I could use a bump. (Definitely wasn't trying to do anything weird with the barnacle ) Please hurry the scavengers seem to be taking notice of me.

Thargoid Scout

Today I made a new model using Photogrammetry - this time of the crashed Thargoid Scout.

The model is made from 269 high res screenshots from within the game (10240x5760).

Thargoid Scout by Ecthelion on Sketchfab

Originally Posted by Ecthelion View Post (Source)
    Today I made a new model using Photogrammetry - this time of the crashed Thargoid Scout.

The model is made from 269 high res screenshots from within the game (10240x5760).

Thargoid Scout by Ecthelion on Sketchfab
    Very nice

Originally Posted by Barking_Mad View Post (Source)
    Very nice
    Many thanks!

I am curious if the Barnacle Forest has about the same dimensions as the usual Thargoid Structure?

Unfortunatly I left the Barnacle Forest before I had the idea to comapre both. I used to compare the dimensions of Thargoid Structures with a simpel method to check if they are growing: target the "unknown structure scan", aligne over the center of the structer facing "north" (zero on the compass) and rising 8km up to make a screenshot. Then repeat after several weeks and compare. Like this:

I'd suggest doing this with the forest too, to have comparison. I'll be going checking barnacles in California Nebula now.

The idea of the comparison would be as follows:

This is only an illustration what I mean. There is no actual measuring. But I think it would be interesting to have a comparison with a valid measuring.

Originally Posted by CMDR RazorTooth View Post (Source)
    Not sure if anyone else has reported this, but Scavengers (at thargoid surface sites) drop Thargoid Energy Cells when destroyed.

Pre 2.4 these were unknown energy cells. Most stuff is s/unknown/thargoid/ now

Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 234569 ... LastLast