Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Surface Features - Barnacles/Unknown Structures/Crashed Ships etc...

Originally Posted by Assimilator1 View Post (Source)
    I was referring to the point that I linked 3 new TS discoveries and no one had batted an eyelid , but maybe I was being impatient
    Next time do that: " I found new US, I will check it and let you guys know tomorrow or day after" - then you will see very quick response

I was away till this morning so that is my excuse

Sure thing, well not total luck, the moon's have to meet certain criteria, as per my thread, but I didn't mean that , I was referring to the point that I linked 3 new TS discoveries and no one had batted an eyelid , but maybe I was being impatient

Oh?

You have my attention

Are the Thargoid sites any different?

Because if they are the same, then, well yeah, I'm not -that- interested!

Lol, honest, but just pretend a little & say congrats
    Joking aside, a Cannon member thought the scavengers were behaving differently at 1 of the sites, but I don't yet know the outcome of that, I've only visited 1 of the sites myself (the discover invited me to join him on it's 1st visit), didn't see anything significantly different, other than it was very hard to see it until you got quite low as it was in a partially darkened area. I'm otherwise not aware of any major differences atm.

Originally Posted by Ximrats View Post (Source)
    Oh?

You have my attention
    , posted on the previous page, but direct linky

Baton
    Yeah maybe, but I wasn't the discover, although I had a helping hand in it somewhat with my candidate list, & the fact I had actually searched 1 of the moons in a TS system!, but not yet the other 4, lol. (Pleiades GW-W D1-54), the TS is at 2c, I had searched 3a!
    And neither of us knew he was going to find 1 leading to the other 2 that day .
    No worries about the morning, I was just surprised that no one had answered.

Lol, honest, but just pretend a little & say congrats

Oh I do congratulate you on finding them, that is cool, nice job.

I just don't really care about identical stuff Sorry!

What I am WAY more curious about, is if you found any listening posts, or news articles, or other in game stuff, which lead you to them, because that's the stuff I enjoy, following the in game clues, which actually seem to exist sometimes now!

So if you ever find stuff via a means that isn't eyeballing entire planets.... I'm all ears on those.

Originally Posted by Novo Mundus View Post (Source)

What I am WAY more curious about, is if you found any listening posts, or news articles, or other in game stuff, which lead you to them, because that's the stuff I enjoy, following the in game clues, which actually seem to exist sometimes now!

So if you ever find stuff via a means that isn't eyeballing entire planets.... I'm all ears on those.
    Sadly I wasn't the 1 who discovered them, tonio-gmnh was (although I had a helping hand, & I 1st visited 1 of the sites with the him).
    The initial site was found by him eyeballing a particular moon based on the criteria for TS sites listed in my thread (linked in sig), it was a system not fully listed in EDSM. 1 of the connected sites is in a system I had listed, & searched 1 of the 5 eligible moons!
    But yeah I understand eyeballing isn't for everyone, I didn't fully search that system as I wanted a break & I wanted to investigate the NHSSs, just my luck, lol .

I took the time to scan a barnacle in Merope that I hadn't scanned before yesterday, to take advantage of the bug/feature that reveals all scannable things in the system.

Didn't get much out of it, except for picking up a discrepancy in the official barnacle location spreadsheet. The spreadsheet has 5 barnacles on 5c (one unconfirmed) and 4 on 2a. I have 5 barnacles on 2a and 4 on 5c. None of the other landable planets had anything.

Originally Posted by Novo Mundus View Post (Source)

Well, that was purely passive search, no POI, no listening post or articles, clues in galnet or everything else. We've just noticed that the thargoid influence bubble is not complete, so we just want to fill the gap with theses new TS. Again, we were wondering if the high occurence of inactive TS close to the human bubble is intentional or not. And it seems that it is. More scavengers seems to be working on the TS close to the human bubble too.
    Well, the discovery of 3 new thargoid identical structures is not very exiting, i must confess. But sometimes, it's the starting point to new discoveries. That's not the case here, but we had to try.

Here's a short video of my journey to the Barnacle Forest. It's quite a place to see!

Originally Posted by CmdrZaratan View Post (Source)
    I took the time to scan a barnacle in Merope that I hadn't scanned before yesterday, to take advantage of the bug/feature that reveals all scannable things in the system.

Didn't get much out of it, except for picking up a discrepancy in the official barnacle location spreadsheet. The spreadsheet has 5 barnacles on 5c (one unconfirmed) and 4 on 2a. I have 5 barnacles on 2a and 4 on 5c. None of the other landable planets had anything.
    5 on 2a yes, previously had presumed it was one site but the nav targets show us the 5th one.
    Merope 5c , a 5th unconfirmed one is listed, nothing at the coords and was presumed a typo as one of the coords matches exactly a known one. other coord was 0 instead of 6.
    i think the metasheet is being cleaned up , that one must been overlooked.

the temp bug with nav targets , now fixed. at least showed us no further barnacles in system.

Originally Posted by PanPiper. View Post (Source)

the temp bug with nav targets , now fixed. at least showed us no further barnacles in system.
    Fixed with yesterday's patch:

"Installations/POIs/USSs
    Fixed an issue whereby all Barnacles in a system would appear in the Navigation Panel after scanning just one"

Originally Posted by Baton View Post (Source)
    Fixed with yesterday's patch:

"Installations/POIs/USSs
    Fixed an issue whereby all Barnacles in a system would appear in the Navigation Panel after scanning just one"
    Shame, but at least the loophole gave some interesting results before being fixed - particularly in showing that there are potentially many dozens of barnacles per planet.

Hopefully Ram Tah can take a hint and improve our scanners again...

Hello,

May I try to make an hypothesis about the barnacles? (sorry for my bad English).

I think that barnacles are used by Thargoids to generate an ammonia based atmosphere .

Real biologists explain to us that barnacles produce ammonia.
    Moreover, bioluminescence (the soil around the barnacles is not only green but also bioluminescent) is produced by microorganisms which generate ammonia.
    Besides, ingame, ammonia planets are as green as the green fog around the "barnacle forest".

http://fsj.field-studies-council.org...vol6.1_161.pdf (page 12)
    https://www.researchgate.net/publica...s_balanoides_L
    http://serious-science.org/bioluminescent-algae-6827

Just an idea...

Good night,
    Cmdr BlaisePascal

Originally Posted by blaisepascal View Post (Source)
    Hello,

May I try to make an hypothesis about the barnacles? (sorry for my bad English).

I think that barnacles are used by Thargoids to generate an ammonia based atmosphere .

Moreover, bioluminescence (the soil around the barnacles is not only green but also bioluminescent) is produced by microorganisms which generate ammonia.
    Besides, ingame, ammonia planets are as green as the green fog around the "barnacle forest".

Just an idea...

Good night,
    Cmdr BlaisePascal
    Now, THAT sounds very clever. +Rep!

Originally Posted by blaisepascal View Post (Source)
    Hello,

Just an idea...

Good night,
    Cmdr BlaisePascal
    An interesting idea! , but a question, how much gravity is needed to hold onto this ammonia?

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast