Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 691011

Thread: Experimental Equipment/Weapons

Another quick question:

I don't have to unlock each size and mounting of a weapon individually, do I?

If I unlock a blueprint for the Gauss Cannon, I have unlocked it for all sizes and mountings, I hope???

Originally Posted by Arkadi View Post (Source)
    Another quick question:

I don't have to unlock each size and mounting of a weapon individually, do I?

If I unlock a blueprint for the Gauss Cannon, I have unlocked it for all sizes and mountings, I hope???
    that would be logical
    but FDEV thought we need more content, so no, you have to unlock ich damn size and mount-type (gimbal/turret/fixed) seperately

Originally Posted by Bunkerkind Anni View Post (Source)
    that would be logical
    but FDEV thought we need more content, so no, you have to unlock ich damn size and mount-type (gimbal/turret/fixed) seperately
    Oh no, I see an alert incoming. What is this flashing light and this screeching and beeping? Oh, damn, it's the motivation tank. It has taken a big dent! Omg. It's leaking. Activating repair limpets. Oh *beep* , my back-up motivation is nearly used up. What do I do now. Well better calm down, patch things up with gaffa-tape and sleep some hours over it... ...are those ancient pylons coming closer? They surround me and they are coming closer and closer. Now what? I got buried by hundreds of ancient relics.. I can't ..get .. no .. air... ..

beep

beep

only a dream? or not?

edit: to fulfill my goal I need 8 more blueprints and 50 epsilon data ... it CAN be done.

Just a quick question:
    Do human techbroker weapons deal damage against thargoids (not scouts, the real interceptors)?
    I was interested in the shock cannon since the original 3.0 beta, and want to give it a spin,
    now that it can replace my large autoloader MC.

Originally Posted by Julio Montega View Post (Source)
    Just a quick question:
    Do human techbroker weapons deal damage against thargoids (not scouts, the real interceptors)?
    I was interested in the shock cannon since the original 3.0 beta, and want to give it a spin,
    now that it can replace my large autoloader MC.
    that was answered already a few posts earlier
    no, they dont

Just subbed out my C2 Railgun and C2 Missile Rack for 2 x C2 Shard Cannon, for taking on human ships.

Not too shabby... one of those twinned shots up close knocks about 10% hull off (86->76ish, just before I collide). It could be that it's coupled with Thermal/Corrosive rounds to increase damage, but hey, meets my needs, so I'll stick with it.

Originally Posted by Jmanis View Post (Source)
    Not too shabby...
    I will shamelessly copy that load-out. Thanks.

Originally Posted by ExoForce View Post (Source)
    I will shamelessly copy that load-out. Thanks.
    Here's the current full build: https://s.orbis.zone/jup

Note, you'll probably find some.... perculiarities that don't stick with the status quo e.g "Sturdy Mount" on the MCs, the 5A Guardian Hybrid PP rather than something C7, or the 6A sensors. These are all just peculiarities of me... also the last Class 2 Optional is empty. I put whatever i need in there (SRV, FSD Interdictor, or just overtank)

Does anyone tested if the corrosive secondary effect for multicannons has any effect on Thargoids? Just wondering if combining a corrosive multicannon with guardian tech is actually beneficial.

Originally Posted by TheOverWolf View Post (Source)
    Does anyone tested if the corrosive secondary effect for multicannons has any effect on Thargoids? Just wondering if combining a corrosive multicannon with guardian tech is actually beneficial.
    I am pretty sure engineered corrosive effect does nothing against Thargoids. It's been a time but I am 99,9% sure I tried to shoot some with this. I also had mining-lances to try if they are vulnarable with this

Nothing. They are not.

You need AX-weapons or Guardian weapons.

The exception are scouts of course. You can kill scouts with normal weapons.

Originally Posted by Arkadi View Post (Source)
    I am pretty sure engineered corrosive effect does nothing against Thargoids. It's been a time but I am 99,9% sure I tried to shoot some with this. I also had mining-lances to try if they are vulnarable with this

Nothing. They are not.

You need AX-weapons or Guardian weapons.

The exception are scouts of course. You can kill scouts with normal weapons.
    I wouldn't expect a standard multi-cannon to actually do any damage. Whether the secondary effect applies or not is my question. Here's my line of thinking. The description for the corrosive secondary effect states that it "temporarily weaken[s] hull hardness and increase[s] all damage taken..." (emphasis added). If this is the case, and it applies even when no actual damage is done, then adding a single high capacity corrosive multi-cannon to an anti-xeno build would enable all of the low ammo count AX and Guardian weaponry to cause more direct damage.

Now, it may be that the effect is so small as to be negligible vs. Thargoids, but then again maybe not.

Originally Posted by TheOverWolf View Post (Source)
    I wouldn't expect a standard multi-cannon to actually do any damage. Whether the secondary effect applies or not is my question. Here's my line of thinking. The description for the corrosive secondary effect states that it "temporarily weaken[s] hull hardness and increase[s] all damage taken..." (emphasis added). If this is the case, and it applies even when no actual damage is done, then adding a single high capacity corrosive multi-cannon to an anti-xeno build would enable all of the low ammo count AX and Guardian weaponry to cause more direct damage.

Now, it may be that the effect is so small as to be negligible vs. Thargoids, but then again maybe not.
    the thing is, corrosive effect is a debuff,
    and any debuff applied to thargoids wears off instantly or is not even applied in the first place, and then the cooldown applies.

I just found out I did not know that Remote Release FLAK launcher (AX-Weapon) and Remote Release FLECHETTE launcher (Human Tech-Broker)actually where two different weapons.

I corrected my mistake. I won't bother with the flechette launcher, but I will give the flak launcher another try, to see if they are any good besides destroying Thargon Swarms.

edit: Flak launcher seems specialized on Thargon Swarm destroying. I found nothing else that it is good for. Not even Scouts are impressed when being hit by this.

GUARDIAN and AX WEAPON STATS

type Dmg D/S speed AP RoF Ammo reload PD DIS heat range/falloff breach min/max breach dmg
    Gauss 1D
    thermal 22 26,5 140 1,2/S 80 (1) 1,0 S 1.91 3,8 15 3000/1500 20-40% 11
    Gauss 2D thermal 38,5 46,4 140 1,2/S 80 (1) 1,0 S 2.61 7,2 25 3000/1500 20-40% 19,3
    |

Plasma 2B absolut 2,7 x 17*
    =45,9
    1,8 S charge time 1.200m/s 80 5,0/S 200(15) 3,0 S 2,13 1,25 5,2 3000/1000 50-80% 0,7
    Plasma 3C absolut 3,9 x 17*
    =66,3
    1,8 S
    charge time
    1.200m/s 95 5,0/S 200(15) 3,0 S 3,10 2,42 6,2 3000/1000 50-80% 1
    |
    Shard 3C thermal 5,2x12**
    = 62,4
    104,5 1.133m/s 60 1,7/S 180(5) 5,0 S 1,68 1,40 2,2 1700/1700 60-80% 4,2
    |
    AX MC 2E AX 1,3 9,6 1.600m/s 17 7,1/S 2.100(100) 4,0 S 0,46 0,11 0,2 4000/2000 50-80% 1,1
    AX MC 3C AX 2,6 15,2 1.600m/s 33 5,9/S 2.100(100) 4,0 S 0,64 0,18 0,3 4000/2000 50-80% 2,2
    AX Missile 2B AX 30,7 15,4 750m/s 60 0,5/S 64(8) 5,0 S 1,20 0,14 2,4 80-100% 0
    AX Missile 3A AX 30,7 15,4 750m/s 60 0,5/S 128(12) 5,0 S 1,62 0,24 3,6 80-100% 0

* Dmg multiplyer on Plasmas with full charge
    ** Frag rounds per shot

D/S Damage per second
    AP armor piercing
    RoF Rate of Fire
    PD Power Draw
    DIS Distributor Draw

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 691011