Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast

Thread: Experimental Equipment/Weapons

Tried myself, as of yet there are no blueprints

You can get them here with the standard LYR 15% discount. The system also carries most ship upgrades besides Big 3 stuff.

Jemison Installation, 109 Piscium

Has anyone tried the turreted versions yet? If so what is their accuracy like?

I'm wondering if they'd be useful on my Clipper? Fit the turreted ones to the Wingtip mounts and fixed to the inner mounts, but I won't bother if they're rubbish.

Originally Posted by Trafalgar Law View Post (Source)

I'm wondering if they'd be useful on my Clipper? Fit the turreted ones to the Wingtip mounts and fixed to the inner mounts, but I won't bother if they're rubbish.
    I haven't tried them but I've watched videos. They're still dumbfires but the AI does the aiming. Considerably less damage, but less power requirements too. I think that might be bugged as normally turrets require more power than fixed do.

Originally Posted by ShadowWolf Kell View Post (Source)
    I haven't tried them but I've watched videos. They're still dumbfires but the AI does the aiming. Considerably less damage, but less power requirements too. I think that might be bugged as normally turrets require more power than fixed do.
    I may give it a try then. I'd like to use my Clipper if possible.

The AX missiles need synthesis so we have a chance with anything below FDL/Python standard.

kit sounds nice.
    not sure about kaboodle .

They are terrible, really they only hit maybe one out of 24, go fixed it's not that hard once you get the hang of it

Originally Posted by CMDR PlungedSphere34 View Post (Source)
    The AX missiles need synthesis so we have a chance with anything below FDL/Python standard.
    Honestly in that case smaller ships shouldn't really be taking in the thargoids Solo, in sure a wing will be enough with maybe 2 pods each

Originally Posted by R34per View Post (Source)
    They are terrible, really they only hit maybe one out of 24, go fixed it's not that hard once you get the hang of it

Honestly in that case smaller ships shouldn't really be taking in the thargoids Solo, in sure a wing will be enough with maybe 2 pods each
    Have you seen how wide spaced the wingtip mounts are on the Clipper? I'm not even sure they'll both be able to hit a thargoid, let alone a specific target like a heart. I use fixed on most ships it just isn't practical on a Clipper (i'm not even sure the middle two mounts are close enough together either). The result may well be that the Clipper is useless for fighting Thargoids, which may well be the case if the turrets are that bad .

Originally Posted by CMDR PlungedSphere34 View Post (Source)
    No thats not needed. Work on your am is needed.
    You can take out a cyclops with 4 anti-xeno missleracks...without rearming

Have you seen how wide spaced the wingtip mounts are on the Clipper? I'm not even sure they'll both be able to hit a thargoid, let alone a specific target like a heart. I use fixed on most ships it just isn't practical on a Clipper (i'm not even sure the middle two mounts are close enough together either). The result may well be that the Clipper is useless for fighting Thargoids, which may well be the case if the turrets are that bad .
    Yes I have one, but well on my corvette I'm using all 4 fixed and one is on the huge hardpoint while the others are in the medium ones and the large, the gap is pretty big but so is the Thargoid, I think you'll be fine. Give it a shot

Originally Posted by c00ky1970 View Post (Source)
    I think we didnít do enough in the CG to unlock larger AX missile types.
    This most probably. And right now it looks as we also won't make the final two tiers at the new CG. Of course we will never know for sure what we missed by failing.

So I've carried out a semi successful test of the AX missiles on my Clipper. I was able to take out two hearts and escaped with 36% of my hull intact. Should have done better but got zapped by the yellow, lighting bolt of doom while trying to bug out (I was almost out of ammo by then)

I went with my original loadout idea of 2x turreted, 2x fixed. The turrets accuracy wasn't that bad, although pretty poor if firing at an angle, when head on they more than compensated for their lower damage. The fixed weapons on the other hand were as bad as I feared (from my long experience piloting the Clipper, I expected this). While I could land one of the missiles on target the other could end up just about anywhere or even miss entirely, in fact I managed to do over 50% damage to a heart I wasn't even aiming at!!! There's no way using fixed on the outer wingtips will work (the Cyclops simply isn't as big as it looks). I may try an all turreted loadout next.

You can, but pretty much every single salvo has to hit and be effective.

Carried out another weapons test, this time with 3x turreted AX missiles and 1x fixed. Similar result to the first fight, although I had more missiles remaining at the point where I decided to bug out, so the extra accuracy was appreciable. Not sure I would have had enough shots left for the 3rd heart though and soloing would be impossible. The biggest drawback to the turrets is their much shorter range than the fixed missiles, they wouldn't start firing until the 2500-2000m range, whereas I could hit the target with a fixed round at almost twice that range.

I may try the fixed missiles on different firegroups to keep up a steady controlled barrage. Would require constantly adjusting aim, but would be fun to try.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast