Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456710 ... LastLast

Thread: Experimental Equipment/Weapons

Originally Posted by Nagual View Post (Source)
    It occurred to me that we don't need weapons. We need a load of Mycoid. And a big syringe.
    Originally Posted by Vasious View Post (Source)
    Unless of course they are back as they are now immune/immunised
    Well resent Adaption to AX-001 Suggest they will have adapted to the Mycoid as well.

I guess we need to discover how they adapt and go from there

Originally Posted by Vasious View Post (Source)
    Well resent Adaption to AX-001 Suggest they will have adapted to the Mycoid as well.

I guess we need to discover how they adapt and go from there
    One would figure in the couple centuries, that they have somehow adapted or evolved a resistance to it, but was there a statement that the experimental weapons were nerfed due to resistance?

Oh look, what a Surprise. A 3rd CG has started this time to Wyrd. Someone is having a laugh.

Originally Posted by Trafalgar Law View Post (Source)
    Oh look, what a Surprise. A 3rd CG has started this time to Wyrd. Someone is having a laugh.
    What did you expect?

Originally Posted by Conch View Post (Source)
    What did you expect?
    I hoped for something else. Anything else really.

You don't like Wyrd?

Originally Posted by Ian Phillips View Post (Source)
    You don't like Wyrd?
    No. It's a bit strange and I feel like I'm tempting fate by going there.

I hoped for something else. Anything else really.
    you are not the only one..
    not in the mood for an A-B trade grind.. or anther CG for that matter.
    they arent realy motivating either..

So the multicannons are again size 2 only, turretted and fixed, no gimbals so my Clipper feels left out again.

So the multicannons are again size 2 only, turretted and fixed, no gimbals so my Clipper feels left out again.
    See if two multicannons are enough to take out 4 hearts. If so, use the convergence-challenged hardpoints for missiles to do hull damage between the hearts. Thargoids aren't small.

Not likely to work solo, but in a wing it's sure to be enough.

That still got size 2 hardpoints.. how about everyone that flies a vulture.
    putting size 2 weapons on a size 3 slot just hurts.

Originally Posted by Conch View Post (Source)
    That still got size 2 hardpoints.. how about everyone that flies a vulture.
    putting size 2 weapons on a size 3 slot just hurts.
    Where can you buy the new multicannons?

Is there a second cap for the MCs or can you only have 4 AX weapons period?

Third Aegis CG, and it's looking like an even less profitable option for traders.

My prediction would be we end up with only military land bases selling the lasers.

Originally Posted by TGC Brony TO View Post (Source)
    See if two multicannons are enough to take out 4 hearts. If so, use the convergence-challenged hardpoints for missiles to do hull damage between the hearts. Thargoids aren't small.

Not likely to work solo, but in a wing it's sure to be enough.
    I tried the turrets. Aim was pretty good on them, but they waste shots by firing when the hearts aren't exposed. Did about 60% damage to one heart with about 600 rounds expended from each gun. My aim is terrible with the fixed rockets though, especially with the Clippers convergence issues even on the inner hardpoints . The Thargoid dodges and maneuvers a lot more now, it also used a new attack that I hadn't experienced before when I retreated to recharge my shields. All the Thargons turned into missiles I got hit by all 21 in rapid succession, I assume my point defences took out some of the blighters or I'd be dead now I think. Escaped with 22% hull. I'll try the FdL again.

Originally Posted by Bryan K View Post (Source)
    Is there a second cap for the MCs or can you only have 4 AX weapons period?
    only 4 AX weapons

Edit: I couldn't really tell if the multicannons were doing anything to the hull or not.

Edit2: Multicannons don't seem to deal damage to hull.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456710 ... LastLast