Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 344041424344

Thread: Thargoid Data Gathering Effort: We need your help!

Originally Posted by LCU No Fool Like One View Post (Source)
    I was mulling over the idea of giving the Thargoids names for fun not out of any theory. Field biologists often give recognisable subjects names and. I like the idea of being able to say that I saw Freya in HIP 1185. However because there are active theories around relationships between Thargoid Symbols we decided that in the interest of science it wasn't a good idea to muddy the waters.

But that gave me an idea.

What if the symbols represent individuals? Are there any clues in the data that would help us establish that. If they are individuals could they be following a patrol route?

Unfortunately we don't have enough data and I don't think we are logging the symbols frequently enough. I shall certainly make a renewed effort.

I did find one symbol that had been encountered in 14 systems so I set up a 3D map to see what it looked like.

https://imgur.com/xVKGZKi

There is not really enough data but I feel if we had more it might make a difference. So please keep the classifications coming and I will see if I can get some image recognition working so we can speed up the process of logging Thargoid symbols

Of course the idea that they are individuals is falsifiable. If we find the same symbol discovered by different people at the same time. That would destroy the Theory
    Many Thargoids have been blown up, yet we see the same symbols repeating. There's only something like 57 Cyclops combinations, if they were individuals then we'd have killed then all by now?

Originally Posted by Jorki Rasalas View Post (Source)
    Did you get screenshots of the two goid logos? If the lore is correct then this might have been a Klaxian chasing an Oresrian but we need to compare their logos to see if that indicates any new difference between them.

edit: though I’d be surprised as I’m not expecting Klaxians until 2Q next year
    Sorry,no.It all happened really fast. I'm not equipped with a thargoid scanner,I'll have to get one.

I think we need to jump on this and have a look.

Commanders can you go to Hip 17225 A1 and look for NHSS 6
    I'm on it.......

Originally Posted by Moribus View Post (Source)
    Many Thargoids have been blown up, yet we see the same symbols repeating. There's only something like 57 Cyclops combinations, if they were individuals then we'd have killed then all by now?
    We might have destroyed their ships but possibly not the Thargoids controlling them. How many times have you been "Killed" in game

FYI: The latest version of the Thargoid Map should be going live soon.

This will have systems visited that don't have NHSS. It goes out to 200ly from Merope

FYI: The latest version of the Thargoid Map should be going live soon.

This will have systems visited that don't have NHSS. It goes out to 200ly from Merope
    Awesome

Wicked!

Originally Posted by phong View Post (Source)
    Hip 17225 A1 Pre Research Base:
    Spotted NHSS below 150 km .They are flying very close to the Resesarch Base. There is also a threat 6 just outside the atmosphere.
    I'm there now, no sign of an NHSS below 150 km so far, nor of any Threat 6s higher up (just a conflict zone, a listening post & a POI about federal miltary expansion), & just std NHSS Th 5 higher up so far.....
    Btw this planet doesn't have an atmosphere, otherwise you couldn't land on it

Well that's weird, I was merrily flying in OC 194 km up & 836 km from the Pre Research base when I got a message about being too close & I was kicked out of OC!, why??? JIC it matters, lat -29.9956, long 146.9068

[update] Well in the short time I was there (30-40 mins), I didn't see anything unusual, bar the above.

We might have destroyed their ships but possibly not the Thargoids controlling them. How many times have you been "Killed" in game
    I agree! Most likely that the ships we're seeing are unpiloted drones. That was very much part of Elite Lore - the drones are controlled by a Mothership/Queen, etc. and when you kill the mothership the drones stop moving.

I think that's what the logos are - basically ships 1-19 (iirc there's 19 outer symbols) belonging to each Queen/Hive/Mothership (the three inner rings). Each time one is killed, another one gets issues to replace it. As you say, we should never see two identical logograms together if that's the case.

The same with the Basilisk. There's six new Queens/Hives come into the area. That's why the outer rings are the same (they're just numbers), thee inner rings are the unique identifiers for each new Mothership/Qheen/Hive.

Originally Posted by Assimilator1 View Post (Source)
    You mean a 3D map like this?
    Oh yeah, forgot about that. It's a bit awkward though.

I agree! Most likely that the ships we're seeing are unpiloted drones. That was very much part of Elite Lore - the drones are controlled by a Mothership/Queen, etc. and when you kill the mothership the drones stop moving.

I think that's what the logos are - basically ships 1-19 (iirc there's 19 outer symbols) belonging to each Queen/Hive/Mothership (the three inner rings). Each time one is killed, another one gets issues to replace it. As you say, we should never see two identical logograms together if that's the case.

The same with the Basilisk. There's six new Queens/Hives come into the area. That's why the outer rings are the same (they're just numbers), thee inner rings are the unique identifiers for each new Mothership/Qheen/Hive.

I like this theory.

Updated list:

Pleiades sector KC-V c2-10 for 40 mins now No NHSS.
    Pleiades Sector HR-W d1-77 - NHSS5 detected
    Pleiades Sector KC-V c2-9 .searched for 20 mins.No NHSS.
    Pleiades Sector IH-V c2-15 - NHSS5 detected
    Pleiades Sector IH-V c2-18 .searched for 30 mins.No NHSS.
    Pleiades Sector KC-V c2-17 - NHSS5 detected
    Pleiades Sector KC-V c2-15 - NHSS5 detected
    Pleiades Sector KC-V c2-14 .searched for 30 mins.No NHSS.
    Pleiades Sector HR-W d1-76 .searched for 30 mins.No NHSS.
    HIP 17497 12.50 ly
    Pleiades Sector EB-X c1-15 13.00 ly
    Pleiades Sector HR-W d1-36 - NHSS5 detected
    Pleiades Sector GW-W c1-13 - NHSS5 detected
    Pleiades Sector DL-Y d67 13.68 ly
    HIP 17692 - NHSS5 detected
    Pleiades Sector EB-X c1-16 14.21 ly
    Pleiades Sector DL-Y d68 14.25 ly
    Pleiades Sector HR-W d1-75 14.51 ly
    Pleiades Sector HR-W d1-78 14.61 ly
    Pleiades Sector GW-W c1-14 - NHSS5 detected
    Pleiades Sector IH-V c2-16 14.76 ly

EDIT: Updated again.

Err

Originally Posted by Assimilator1 View Post (Source)
    No worries, thought I'd give it a look through .
    Yea it is bizarre, why on earth would they have a 10(?) LY dead zone? Although it might be bigger, let's see what your new list reveals.

Btw I have searched Pleiades sector KC-V c2-10 for 40 mins now, and only got a few USSs & not 1 NHSS.
    Lots of the new list searched already

Apparently the Thargoids are in the bubble now a system that begins with D will look on fb see if I can find the post it's 230ly from the Maia and nearer Sol

Unless they respawn at the last station, like us.

Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 344041424344