Page 10 of 58 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Thargoid Data Gathering Effort: We need your help!

Ditto, no USS at all in HIP 15134

Originally Posted by Assimilator1 View Post (Source)
    Goid boundary is thought to be about 150 LYs from Merope, so worth checking either side of that, about 10 LYs I guess? Or in the unlikely event you find some beyond that, keep going out until they don't appear .
    Looks like max distance reported in sheet is 144 Ly, except for one outlier in Hyades Sector GW-W d1-71 (244 Ly). Not sure I would trust that one without verification.

Edit: Gone to that system to check it out: It's a single star, not getting any USS / NHSS spawns. I call shenanigans.
    Edit: Just got USS - Degraded Emissions, then an Encoded Emissions - no NHSS here

Originally Posted by Factabulous View Post (Source)
    Looks like max distance reported in sheet is 144 Ly, except for one outlier in Hyades Sector GW-W d1-71 (244 Ly). Not sure I would trust that one without verification.

Edit: Gone to that system to check it out: It's a single star, not getting any USS / NHSS spawns. I call shenanigans.
    Edit: Just got USS - Degraded Emissions, then an Encoded Emissions - no NHSS here
    On the EDMC log I'm only seeing $USS_Type_DistressSignal; for Hyades Sector GW-W d1-71 so far.

BTW Three new alien sites have been discovered.

System Planet Latitude Longitude Is the site "Active"
    Pleiades sector LS-T c3-2 5A 10.0272 45.0325 Yes
    Pleiades Sector GW-W d1-54 2C 76.9958 -139.547 Yes
    HIP 22347 4A 17.9813 140.8444 No

Guess I forgot to post about that here, I joined the discover (tonio-gmnh) on his 1st visit to the Pleiades GW-W site , that was 1 of the systems on my candidate search list (see sig ), and I had searched 1 of the moons too! Lol

I've updated the lexigram chart to:
    info here:

Rep and subscribe...........

Originally Posted by Olivia Vespera View Post (Source)
    I've updated the lexigram chart to:
    info here:
    Nice work
    So does the core never change?

Has anyone tried analysing the direction they are travelling when they jump?

I was thinking that we might be able to line up behind them and then select some reference stars and record their positions.

Merope, Polaris, the permit locked col sector and the permit locked surface sites might be good candidates.

Im back in the area now. I had travelled out around 7k to get Elite Explorer at last.

Is the signal in Pleiades Sector DL-Y D58 A an error? It's the only one I can see currently that's outside the shell.

Originally Posted by Moribus View Post (Source)
    Is the signal in Pleiades Sector DL-Y D58 A an error? It's the only one I can see currently that's outside the shell.
    That one was entered by hand so it may be in error. We need someone to go out and verify it.

Originally Posted by LCU No Fool Like One View Post (Source)
    That one was entered by hand so it may be in error. We need someone to go out and verify it.
    I'm planning to head out there this afternoon to have a look, I use the EDMC plugin, but I'll report here either way too.

Still only a handful of hyperdictions logged between Merope & bubble, real shame we aren't getting more people logging their encounters. Might have to spend the evening jumping between merope & bubble and see what turns up.

Reports outside Thargoid shell (Start systems):

Synuefe BG-V b35-0 215.0Ly
    Arietis Sector MX-T b3-0 221.7Ly
    Synuefe ZM-Q d6-42 190.4Ly (only one not towards Sol, so might be that hyperdictions are just a larger area than NHSS)
    Col 285 Sector MU-R a20-5 250.8Ly
    Tocopa 250.0Ly

Sorry I think I'm reading the mapper wrong. Can you confirm for me?

The mapper shows Pleiades sector DL-Y D58 as being 264ly from Merope. I'm there now and it's only 35ly from Merope. I'm new to the mapper so I may have done something dumb, can someone check?

Originally Posted by Moribus View Post (Source)
    Sorry I think I'm reading the mapper wrong. Can you confirm for me?

The mapper shows Pleiades sector DL-Y D58 as being 264ly from Merope. I'm there now and it's only 35ly from Merope. I'm new to the mapper so I may have done
    Not installed the mapper yet. The mapper gets the coordinates from EDSM. That looks to me like the x and y coordinates have been switched.

Has anyone tried analysing the direction they are travelling when they jump?

I was thinking that we might be able to line up behind them and then select some reference stars and record their positions.

Merope, Polaris, the permit locked col sector and the permit locked surface sites might be good candidates.

Im back in the area now. I had travelled out around 7k to get Elite Explorer at last.
    Did that in about 20 NHSS, the direction of their jumps seemed to be completely random. I'm out exploring for a short while to relax, when I'm back I will continue to analyse their jump directions.

Page 10 of 58 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast