Page 85 of 85 FirstFirst ... 80838485
Results 1,261 to 1,272 of 1272

Thread: Thargoid Data Gathering Effort: We need your help!

Originally Posted by Assimilator1 View Post (Source)
    Huh?

Thargoid pods at structures, egg-like seen before now named as pods

Ah yes, thanks, a new name, got ya.

Hi LCU
    I noticed the other day that the TS patrols are back in , ........ and after searching dozens of systems I've finally found a totally new good candidate!
    Although the system was already in EDSM, strangely the moons around A4 hadn't been scanned (but the moons around the distant B planets had!), & all 4 of them are suitable bodies for a TS!
    Anyway, the system is HIP 19685, it's neither a known TS or in my candidate list (yet). 1 other bonus, although the GG+ABL is 233k Ls out, the 4 RBs are just 4k Ls out .

Interestingly they're are lots of NHSSs here, coincidence? (It's ~107 LYs from Merope).

The patrol was deliberately broad in case there were systems not fully mapped. You should be able to scan it in minutes in beta

I've been wondering whether it would be quicker with 3.3,
    so I tried the new FSS out again. As long as the system has been discovered by someone before then possibly. If their are no landable RBs or HMCs, then yes. If their are RBs with no IBs then yes again.
    But, if their are landable RBs & IBs, we'd have to zoom in on each one as it's not always possible to see if they are 1 or the other via the scanner 'tuner' bar. And then again it depends on system size. Bigger one's favour the new FSS, I wonder where the cut off point is?........

No more waiting 20 minutes for a spawn at the edge of the Thargoid bubble. Really looking forward to doing a survey of the Merope Bubble with this. Should also make decent wedge from scanning bodies

That's true, I hadn't thought of that!
    NHSS mapping will be much easier now!

Fast forward a few weeks.....
    LCU USS maps Merope, 1 result grabs his attention, 1,000,000 Ls - Thargoid gargantuan mothership , he passes the word on, everyone freaks out!

Originally Posted by Assimilator1 View Post (Source)
    That's true, I hadn't thought of that!
    NHSS mapping will be much easier now!

Fast forward a few weeks.....
    LCU USS maps Merope, 1 result grabs his attention, 1,000,000 Ls - Thargoid gargantuan mothership , he passes the word on, everyone freaks out!
    i think thats a fair assessment of how its going to go down lol

Make Merope system the first target, 5C has got to be hiding something, now it would be funny if it turned out to be Rax.....no im not going to say it just in case i jinx it lol

Too late, you already have!

Page 85 of 85 FirstFirst ... 80838485