Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516
Results 226 to 240 of 240

Thread: Thargoid Data Gathering Effort: We need your help!

  1. #226
    Originally Posted by Arkadi View Post (Source)
    I have only now discoverd that there are entrys about Thargoid Encouters in the ships statistics-tab. Guess I am a bit late to disover this, but never the less, do we know to what the entry: "Nuber of Interceptor: Cyclops Variants seen" refers to?

    https://i.imgur.com/LfV5KK6.png

    I think it might be:

    * scavanger (typicla NHSS5 thargoid)
    * hyperdictor (hyperdicting thargs)
    * barnacle scooping (those hovering over barnacles and beam stuff up)

    But I am not really sure about this. After all they all looked similar and I have no proof the thargoids in this different encouters really belonged to another Cyclops Variant...
    I can't tell the difference between them but could be a simple at looking at the name when scanned. I think we should probably check that tally after every encounter to see if it changes.

  2. #227
    Thanks for pointing out that the patrol code was not updating properly but it seems to be taxing my faculties at the moment. Hoping to have a fix in place soon.

    I have also changed the patrol zones. I have taken a defensive shell around Merope oriented towards Sol but I have made it between 145 and 155ly so that people don't get bored patrolling in locations where there are currently no NHSS.
    That said 145 is about the limit of the Cyclops ISS that we have so far. The instruction text indicates whether you should expect to see USS or not and to contact us immediately if greater than 150ly

  3. #228
    Originally Posted by LCU No Fool Like One View Post (Source)
    I can't tell the difference between them but could be a simple at looking at the name when scanned. I think we should probably check that tally after every encounter to see if it changes.
    Now if I think about it, I believe the "Nuber of Interceptor: Cyclops Variants seen" count refers to hyperdictions only. Becouse I have experienced exactly three hyperdictions and the last might have been on the 14th as is the date on the tab. So maybe the whole thing is just a counter of hyperdictions.

    edit: now I have seen the same topic has been discussed in the Xenobiology Thread with the same conclusion: it's about hyperdictions only:

    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...=1#post6046596

  4. #229
    Originally Posted by LCU No Fool Like One View Post (Source)
    That's deliberate. I have uploaded all ammonia systems between Sol and the The Shell so we can patrol and determine if the thargoids are spreading........
    I'm at an ammonia world very close to Maia at the moment trying to get artefacts and the Thargoid activity near by has been very consistent. Plenty of instances. Keeping an eye on systems with ammonia worlds is a very good idea right now.

    Yeah; any system that has ammonia worlds and a Thargoid base are going to be interesting to re-survey.

    Sorry I don't so spreadsheets but I'll keep you informed.

    o7!
    CMDR PINGMONSTER
    Imperial Eagle Medusa/Type 6 Transporters Irene and Gladys/ Viper Mk IV Baby/Cobra Mk III Mithra/Diamondback Explorer Star Dancer/Type 7 Transporter Doris/Keelback Amazon/Viper Mk III Phaedra/Anaconda Kali/Sidewinder Makeda/Asp Explorer Kinnara
    "We got your prime pilots that get it, and we got your pud-knockers who dream about getting it. ..."

  5. #230
    Originally Posted by Manticore View Post (Source)
    I'm at an ammonia world very close to Maia at the moment trying to get artefacts and the Thargoid activity near by has been very consistent. Plenty of instances. Keeping an eye on systems with ammonia worlds is a very good idea right now.

    Yeah; any system that has ammonia worlds and a Thargoid base are going to be interesting to re-survey.

    Sorry I don't so spreadsheets but I'll keep you informed.

    o7!
    Use EDMC and my plugin and it will do the spreadsheets for you.

  6. #231
    I don't know how the patrolling system works, but I was about 240 LYs from Merope last night, (in the main bubble) and it was suggesting to check out a system just 11 LYs away! , I was expecting it to show 1 about 100 LYs away on the edge of the Merope Thargoid (suspected) bubble. But IDK really.

    Btw, it's bliss not having to enter the Nhss's and hyperdictions manually , thx again LCU

  7. #232
    Originally Posted by Assimilator1 View Post (Source)
    I don't know how the patrolling system works, but I was about 240 LYs from Merope last night, (in the main bubble) and it was suggesting to check out a system just 11 LYs away! , I was expecting it to show 1 about 100 LYs away on the edge of the Merope Thargoid (suspected) bubble. But IDK really.

    Btw, it's bliss not having to enter the Nhss's and hyperdictions manually , thx again LCU
    Until I changed it last night it was all amonia worlds up to Sol.

    It should now only be the edge of the shell and some barnacle sites in witchhead and california

  8. #233

  9. #234
    Originally Posted by LCU No Fool Like One View Post (Source)
    Canonn R&D have been working on google sheets integration with EDSM so I now have some functions to male it easier to fetch the system coordinates.

    So if you have a list of candidates you want to add to the patrol system just give me a list of names and some text telling commanders what to do when they get there and I can fill in the rest.

  10. #235
    Originally Posted by LCU No Fool Like One View Post (Source)
    Canonn R&D have been working on google sheets integration with EDSM so I now have some functions to male it easier to fetch the system coordinates.

    So if you have a list of candidates you want to add to the patrol system just give me a list of names and some text telling commanders what to do when they get there and I can fill in the rest.
    Ah that's cool , although you haven't answered me yet about what you had in mind for the systems in my TS candidate list , if you're thinking they'd be a good addition to the NHSS patrol list then that's easy enough.
    But if you're thinking about searching for new TS sites, then they need to be in separate patrol list as it is a far more time consuming enterprise (it takes 2.5-3 hrs to search just 1 very small moon!, say 400-500 Km radius) & 1 which many cmdrs won't want to do. Anyway it would be no good if the systems were put in the 'searched' list from just a 5-10 min visit.
    If you want to create a list for a thorough surface search of the bodies then I'm all ears , but atm the list in my thread is a very low maintenance one, so far only myself & tonio-gmnh have searched any of them (that I know of), barring a few who've just briefly super cruised over some of them. And atm (as you know) I'm searching for NHSS locations & tonio is searching for new INRA bases (last I heard). Even when we get back to it, their are plenty of candidates to keep us busy for a while . Although once that list is exhausted, I would have to manually check each system from a search engine (I use spansh.co.uk) in EDSM (assuming it's in there & fully scanned) which is very time consuming, that would be great if that could be automated, but there's no need for it for now. Unless you have a list of volunteers waiting? , otherwise I'm not saying no thanks, but just that if it was to be a time consuming exercise for you, you'd be better off spending time on your other projects
    THARGOID SITE CANDIDATE SYSTEMS SEARCH LIST & CRITERIA (WIP)
    i7 4930k @4.1 GHz, 16GB DDR3 1866, G/byte HD 7970 3 GB, (128GB Samsung 830 SSD, 3TB & 1TB HDD)
    Team AnandTech - SETI@Home, Muon1, Folding@H, MilkyWay@H, Asteroids@H, Rosetta@H, Skynet-POGS, LHC@H & Einstein@H - helping science with my PC.
    Commander Mark P D......

  11. #236
    Originally Posted by Assimilator1 View Post (Source)
    if you're thinking they'd be a good addition to the NHSS patrol list then that's easy enough.
    I think they would be good candidates but in the instructions we can also recommend that people investigate for ruins as well and give some guidance. If they don't want to search they can move on. If they do then they can.

    At some point in the future I am going to update my Alien Tour Plugin to be a tour manager and you will be able to create your own tours.

    BTW if you would like to add your sites to the Alien Tour Plugin I can create a branch just for your use with your systems in it.. It is different from the patrol zone because you only mark the tour complete when you are ready. There is a tick box to mark the site as complete and an x to temporarily de-prioritise it. It wouldn't be a big deal to do that for you.

    When you get back into searching for sites give me a shout and I can help you with automation. I have lots of tools for getting information on sites out of EDSM

  12. #237
    Originally Posted by LCU No Fool Like One View Post (Source)
    I think they would be good candidates but in the instructions we can also recommend that people investigate for ruins as well and give some guidance. If they don't want to search they can move on. If they do then they can.

    At some point in the future I am going to update my Alien Tour Plugin to be a tour manager and you will be able to create your own tours.

    BTW if you would like to add your sites to the Alien Tour Plugin I can create a branch just for your use with your systems in it.. It is different from the patrol zone because you only mark the tour complete when you are ready. There is a tick box to mark the site as complete and an x to temporarily de-prioritise it. It wouldn't be a big deal to do that for you.

    When you get back into searching for sites give me a shout and I can help you with automation. I have lots of tools for getting information on sites out of EDSM
    Wicked! would give you more rep if I could!

    Back to current affairs, re patrolling systems, it suggested I go to Hyades Sector UI-B b2, & I did, for some while, scanned 8 bodies several 1000 LSs apart, then jumped out, but it's not showing in the patrol list (a previous 1 is), any idea why?
    THARGOID SITE CANDIDATE SYSTEMS SEARCH LIST & CRITERIA (WIP)
    i7 4930k @4.1 GHz, 16GB DDR3 1866, G/byte HD 7970 3 GB, (128GB Samsung 830 SSD, 3TB & 1TB HDD)
    Team AnandTech - SETI@Home, Muon1, Folding@H, MilkyWay@H, Asteroids@H, Rosetta@H, Skynet-POGS, LHC@H & Einstein@H - helping science with my PC.
    Commander Mark P D......

  13. #238
    Originally Posted by Assimilator1 View Post (Source)
    Wicked! would give you more rep if I could!

    Back to current affairs, re patrolling systems, it suggested I go to Hyades Sector UI-B b2, & I did, for some while, scanned 8 bodies several 1000 LSs apart, then jumped out, but it's not showing in the patrol list (a previous 1 is), any idea why?
    There is a bug. It's not updating at the right time. I have a new version that is now marking the visited systems correctly but I'm checking that it hasn't broken hyperdiction detection. That's rather difficult seeing as we have recorded over 640 USS so far and only 4 hyperdictions. The problem I was having was false positives and that hasn't happened in a while so I think it is fixed. But I want to be sure. I'll also build in some comms so I can let people know when there is a new version available.

  14. #239
    Fair enough, & cool!
    And yeah hyperdictions are rare!

    [edit] And almost as I said that, I got hyperdicted! Lmao
    It's in your hyperdicton log, patrol system too Hyades Sector UI-B b3, so that's twice it's happened for me as I've crossed the NHSS (suspected) bubble, going in this time, last time it was exiting.
    19.5k Ls from entry star.

    Btw, that system has now been entered into the patrol log
    THARGOID SITE CANDIDATE SYSTEMS SEARCH LIST & CRITERIA (WIP)
    i7 4930k @4.1 GHz, 16GB DDR3 1866, G/byte HD 7970 3 GB, (128GB Samsung 830 SSD, 3TB & 1TB HDD)
    Team AnandTech - SETI@Home, Muon1, Folding@H, MilkyWay@H, Asteroids@H, Rosetta@H, Skynet-POGS, LHC@H & Einstein@H - helping science with my PC.
    Commander Mark P D......

  15. #240
    I don't suppose we have any sort of 3D map we can look at to see which areas have been patrolled for NHSSs?

    Btw, their hasn't been a single NHSS reported to the USS survey beyond 146 LYs (although their are a stack of systems with no distances to them, I don't suppose you can setup some sort of script to shows distances for those?).
    Arkadi Kreven has the furthest one at 145.41 LYs, I want to beat that .
    THARGOID SITE CANDIDATE SYSTEMS SEARCH LIST & CRITERIA (WIP)
    i7 4930k @4.1 GHz, 16GB DDR3 1866, G/byte HD 7970 3 GB, (128GB Samsung 830 SSD, 3TB & 1TB HDD)
    Team AnandTech - SETI@Home, Muon1, Folding@H, MilkyWay@H, Asteroids@H, Rosetta@H, Skynet-POGS, LHC@H & Einstein@H - helping science with my PC.
    Commander Mark P D......

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516