Page 10 of 72 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Frontier Expo ED Speculation

No expectations. Only thing I wonder is whether or not there will be boohs or whistles at any possible Livestream Q&A or E presentation, when they say something like "fantastic spectacular release of 2.4, well received by the community".

I actually almost expect comments to be disabled on YT livestream, so the event can be "managed" without surprises from the community

Perhaps DBOBE himself will tell us what happened to the lava worlds promised for 2.0, then 2.1, then forgotten

I am hoping for a discussion on proper fleet mechanics/ guild mechanics and player ownership of in game assets

Originally Posted by Kano Magnus View Post (Source)
    Perhaps DBOBE himself will tell us what happened to the lava worlds promised for 2.0, then 2.1, then forgotten
    If I remember correctly lava worlds weren't promised. Volcanism was. Which we got, sans big mountain volcanoes.
    Peteris Krisjanis
    Call sign: Eagleboy | Will play: All Online | Federation | Trader and Explorer, with a little of everything else
    Please support call for ED Linux port https://www.change.org/p/frontier-de...-linux-desktop

Originally Posted by Vicktore Beskor View Post (Source)
    I am hoping for a discussion on proper fleet mechanics/ guild mechanics and player ownership of in game assets
    Wouldn't it be easier to just put this in your signature?
    What do explorers want?
    An improved scanner suite like these! http://imgur.com/a/3Em6c (compliments of CMDR ToCoSo)

Originally Posted by Cmdr Eagleboy View Post (Source)
    If I remember correctly lava worlds weren't promised. Volcanism was. Which we got, sans big mountain volcanoes.
    Nope because they got a facelift in 2.1 and people got excited, then nothing

Do you not think they should really be aiming for the stretch goals rather than feeding us a somewhat substandard product that we would struggle to argue didn't meet the stated milestone?

Originally Posted by Stamford Rider View Post (Source)
    Do you not think they should really be aiming for the stretch goals rather than feeding us a somewhat substandard product that we would struggle to argue didn't meet the stated milestone?
    Whut? I really don't understand you here, sorry.

Volcanism what was implied turned out to be more exciting in background than visually for some people. It is another layer in PG planet generation, and that personally excites me, because volcanoes are in believable places and they have reason to be there, not just to look pretty.

During 2.3 they got asked a lot why big volcanoes aren't a thing and turned out it was technical limitation of their PG tech at the moment. So similar to comets they are there, but not visible in game yet.

You can call it substandard of course, but I kinda want to know then what 'standard' is there.
    Peteris Krisjanis
    Call sign: Eagleboy | Will play: All Online | Federation | Trader and Explorer, with a little of everything else
    Please support call for ED Linux port https://www.change.org/p/frontier-de...-linux-desktop

Originally Posted by Kano Magnus View Post (Source)
    My guess would be, that they ran into serious problems with the terrain generation and will add it, once the basics work as intended.
    And as they said, they will intend to beigification an terrain, after 2.4 hits, so we might be closer to this than we think.
    I only hope, that Frontier will be communicating, regardless of the really inappropriate behavior of some of the community members.

But man, i would absolutely love to see some new planet types.
    "Foxtrott-Romeo-Alpha" - CMDR Francis G. Blackly - Soldier of Fortune since 3270
    Pilot of the Asp Explorer
    "DSE Cayetano Valdès" <- Click for Coriolis Data
    Be a commander, fly a spaceship, live the adventure.

Whut? I really don't understand you here, sorry.

Volcanism what was implied turned out to be more exciting in background than visually for some people. It is another layer in PG planet generation, and that personally excites me, because volcanoes are in believable places and they have reason to be there, not just to look pretty.

During 2.3 they got asked a lot why big volcanoes aren't a thing and turned out it was technical limitation of their PG tech at the moment. So similar to comets they are there, but not visible in game yet.

You can call it substandard of course, but I kinda want to know then what 'standard' is there.
    Large volcanoes are not "there, but not visible", that's ridiculous.

Originally Posted by Ambroza View Post (Source)
    Large volcanoes are not "there, but not visible", that's ridiculous.
    Geographical features like volcanoes are part of PG seeds assigned to planets. If you have way to generate them graphically, they are visible (like small vents). If you don't, you don't see them.

There are comets in ED galaxy. They are in PG seed. But not visible in game. Same story.

I mean, it does mean nothing to you as player, of course, I don't argue about that.
    Peteris Krisjanis

Which is pretty much like promising your wife to go out for dinner at a restaurant, and then taking her to the neighbourhood McDonalds. It's still true, promise was kept, but rather underwhelming.

I do liked the fumaroles and geysers of course, but it wasn't exactly what first came to mind when thinking of volcanism.

13. This is the last staff post in this thread. #148
    Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post (Source)
    The Frontier Expo is Saturday October 7 in London. They'll show Jurassic World Evolution and new information about Elite Dangerous season 3.

Season 3 is primarily about core game improvements. We might get atmospheric landings and space legs inside ships.

What do you think they'll show for ED?
    This is an awesome speculation thread. I’m not going to go into too much detail and discuss what we are going to discuss at FX17, if that makes sense! But I did just want to respond to this one specific speculation. Spacelegs (as the community are dubbing them) is something that David B and the development team are very excited by and it’s certainly high on the list of features they would like to make. However, as we’ve mentioned before, “Spacelegs” is something further down the line. After 2.4 we’ll be focusing on the core gameplay experience so it’s not something that we will be announcing at Frontier Expo. I do have to say though, I truly hope that the community are excited by the content being revealed at FX. Only 2 days to go!
    Head of Communications

Originally Posted by Zac Antonaci View Post (Source)
    This is an awesome speculation thread. I’m not going to go into too much detail and discuss what we are going to discuss at FX17, if that makes sense! But I did just want to respond to this one specific speculation. Spacelegs (as the community are dubbing them) is something that David B and the development team are very excited by and it’s certainly high on the list of features they would like to make. However, as we’ve mentioned before, “Spacelegs” is something further down the line. After 2.4 we’ll be focusing on the core gameplay experience so it’s not something that we will be announcing at Frontier Expo. I do have to say though, I truly hope that the community are excited by the content being revealed at FX. Only 2 days to go!
    Thanks for the update, it's good to know that "space legs" are still on the roadmap, and I hope the same applies to amospheric planets.

Originally Posted by Zac Antonaci View Post (Source)
    Zac, can you confirm that you will explain new model how ED will deploy any extra gameplay content (as season didn't work out as concept) down the line at FX?

As for anything else - can't wait See you there!
    Peteris Krisjanis

Page 10 of 72 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast