Page 33 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: "Beyond" free for Horizon owners - LEP musings

Originally Posted by WR3ND View Post (Source)
    Yeah, I saw that too afterward, and thought about posting it here too, but just decided to ask them to comment in this thread instead.

Glad you posted it though.

Well, just that they're continuing to work on the game and not phasing it out or anything, beyond Beyond, not that that seemed very likely anyway.
    Yeah we're getting some good vibes that 'and beyond' doesn't mean 'and everything else'

Originally Posted by babelfisch View Post (Source)
    I am happy that I got the LEP, and I will still be happy in 6 years after we've seen another 3 paid expansions that I didn't need to pay for. I think I'll buy some skins then though, to give them the money they deserve. Otherwise I would feel guilty just paying a few bucks for 10 years of development.
    If the engineers don't bother you the LEP is just a convenient way to not worry about stuff to buy or not. I can only judge from what I feel about my investment and what ruined it. From that view I'm rather glad I didn't buy into lifetime.

Originally Posted by Riverside View Post (Source)
    I would be happy to have that confirmed, as I stated in my previous reply. I would also be happy if all future updates are FOC and the cash difference was refunded.

The decision does not yet need to be made for it to be known what I'd prefer the choices to be.
    Yes, I wouldn't be against a confirmation either. But I'll not think about refunds until they announce that the game and all updates are free to play. Which is very unlikely.

Originally Posted by Navigare Necesse Est View Post (Source)
    If the engineers don't bother you the LEP is just a convenient way to not worry about stuff to buy or not. I can only judge from what I feel about my investment and what ruined it. From that view I'm rather glad I didn't buy into lifetime.
    Sorry, I honestly have no idea what you are talking about

4. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #484
    Originally Posted by Astral Crawler View Post (Source)
    I think it's the right way to go ; the yearly season model just does dwindle the player base. Still I have a bitter taste i my mouth when I think of the 165€ I cashed in for the LEP, when I could have got Horizons and be good until Q4 2018 - at the very least. When I bought LEP in August 2015, the (10y)plan was one extension per year, and even then the added-value of the LEP was a gamble : it would be covered after about three extensions/seasons. Now we know that Horizons lasts for three years... FDev should really seriously consider some perks, or partial refunds by now.

Hey Astral! This is a very reasonable and understandable post. Hopefully I can put your mind at ease a little.

In addition to all the content talked about at Frontier Expo, we also have some pretty cool things in the works which will be available to purchase. We're not ready to talk about them just yet so we can't give you any details but rest assured that the lifetime expansion pass owners will be looked after and will be getting their hands on premium content as part of their lifetime expansion pass before the end of 2018 and the Beyond series of updates.

I hope that helps,

Zac

Originally Posted by Zac Antonaci View Post (Source)
    Hey Astral! This is a very reasonable and understandable post. Hopefully I can put your mind at ease a little.

In addition to all the content talked about at Frontier Expo, we also have some pretty cool things in the works which will be available to purchase. We're not ready to talk about them just yet so we can't give you any details but rest assured that the lifetime expansion pass owners will be looked after and will be getting their hands on premium content as part of their lifetime expansion pass before the end of 2018 and the Beyond series of updates.

I hope that helps,

Zac
    There, all is said and done. Only thing missing is a special monocle for LEP owners only in Holo-Me.

Thanks Zac.

I hope that helps,

Zac
    Thanks

I hope that helps,

Zac
    I am suitably reassured for now, thanks Zac

I hope that helps,

Zac
    Well there you go. If FD had stated this last week this entire thread would have been avoided. It seems the chap who I thought was wishful thinking claiming paid content for 2018 was bang on the money

Thanks Zac

(Of course if taken literally it could just mean a ship skin )

I hope that helps,

Zac
    Clarification requested: This is (hopefully) NOT Pay2Win or something similar?

I hope that helps,

Zac

Originally Posted by Riverside View Post (Source)
    I am suitably reassured for now, thanks Zac
    Me too.
    May splash out on something in the store which is somethign which I haven't done yet.....

Oohhhh.. so those posters who posted about Paid DLC content were right after all!!! Wonder where they got their information from...

Excited!!!!

I hope that helps,

Zac
    Awesome. Thanks a lot for chiming in here. It's much appreciated.

...lifetime expansion pass owners will be looked after and will be getting their hands on premium content ...
    My holo-me is going to look so...

SHINY!!

Judge how good a value the LEP was when the game is closed down. Anything before then is just premature

Page 33 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast