Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 153

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Frontier Expo 2017 Recap

  1. #61
    Thank you FD team ! It was a pleasure to be part of FX2017, announcements are very expected, I sincerely wish you good fortune to reach all the goals !

    Cheers.

  2. #62
    This user was unable to follow the forum rules and ended up banned or suspended! :( CMDR Virgil Steel's Avatar
    Hi there! The new ships are all good, yes! But what about Panther Clipper!
    And I hope that during "Beyond" there will be a release of planetary weather effects visible from space. God it's so frustrating to fly near an earth-like (by the way this name need to be changed to Human-life sustainable worlds cause, the worlds that can sustain life don't must look like Earth!) world, fly to it's night side and you see the clouds, but they don't move, there are no storms going on, no lightnings, which should be. That would make exploration a much more exciting thing!

  3. #63
    Originally Posted by Pest View Post (Source)
    Looks to me as if FDev has assigned its resources to Jurassic World as "beyond" seems pretty featureless. I was hoping for space legs, landing on volcanic planets or even atmospheric ones. With what I see here it's just "new ships" and bug fixes to me.
    you do realise Fdev have more than one team right? This ridiculous "they are assigning their resources to other games!" nonsense should have been put to bed years ago. You're not getting what YOU were hoping for so FDev have abandoned the game, you have zero idea about how they assign work, zero knowledge of the development schedule and only a taster of what is coming in Beyond. They were very clear this was just "some" of the stuff coming, not an exhaustive list.

    Grow up.

  4. #64
    Originally Posted by MahdDogg View Post (Source)
    you do realise Fdev have more than one team right? This ridiculous "they are assigning their resources to other games!" nonsense should have been put to bed years ago. You're not getting what YOU were hoping for so FDev have abandoned the game, you have zero idea about how they assign work, zero knowledge of the development schedule and only a taster of what is coming in Beyond. They were very clear this was just "some" of the stuff coming, not an exhaustive list.

    Grow up.
    We had Ed on the Lave Radio reaction broadcast. You could tell by his response that he's quite tired about all these 'number of ED Devs has been cut' rubbish that's been spouted. You look at what we're getting over the next year, that's a lot. There's no way they could produce that on a reduced team numbers. Lot of grumpy people over free stuff.

  5. #65
    Thanks Dale for this recap.
    Looking at the livestream yesterday was great, I just couldn't make out that well what was coming when.
    Your recap brought a lot of clarity.

    So planet improvements are planed for Q1, awesome!!

  6. This is the last staff post in this thread. #66
    Originally Posted by Stinja View Post (Source)
    As this seems to be the official recap thread, are the speaker talks viewable anywhere?

    I actually wanted a link to the "THE ORIGINS OF JURASSIC PARK AND JURASSIC WORLD" talk, but the JW forum is quite desolate, and there's no recap thread there...
    We'll be looking to get the rest of the video content sorted as soon as possible. The speaker talks should have been recorded, but I'll need to confirm this with the production team that helped to organise the media streams/broadcasts from the event.

  7. #67
    Originally Posted by MahdDogg View Post (Source)
    you do realise Fdev have more than one team right? This ridiculous "they are assigning their resources to other games!" nonsense should have been put to bed years ago. You're not getting what YOU were hoping for so FDev have abandoned the game, you have zero idea about how they assign work, zero knowledge of the development schedule and only a taster of what is coming in Beyond. They were very clear this was just "some" of the stuff coming, not an exhaustive list.

    Grow up.
    +1
    Thank you for saying that. That's exactly how I see it.

  8. #68
    Originally Posted by MahdDogg View Post (Source)
    you do realise Fdev have more than one team right? This ridiculous "they are assigning their resources to other games!" nonsense should have been put to bed years ago. You're not getting what YOU were hoping for so FDev have abandoned the game, you have zero idea about how they assign work, zero knowledge of the development schedule and only a taster of what is coming in Beyond. They were very clear this was just "some" of the stuff coming, not an exhaustive list.

    Grow up.
    +1 and rep!

  9. #69
    Originally Posted by Dale Emasiri View Post (Source)
    Greetings Commanders,

    On 7th October at Here East, in London, we hosted the very first Frontier Expo. More than 1,000 community members turned up to celebrate everything Frontier Developments, watch talks from guest speakers, meet the developers, mingle with other community members and watch the special content reveals on the main stage.

    Lead Designer Sandro Sammarco, Art Director Chris Gregory, and Game Director Laurence Oldham joined Senior Community Manager Edward Lewis on stage to talk about the year ahead for Elite Dangerous. We’ll be uploading the Elite Dangerous section to the official Elite Dangerous channel in the following week, and you can watch the full show here, but for now, here’s a quick roundup of some of the things we talked about on stage. Make sure to visit our social media channels to see some screenshots of the event and the things we announced.

    Everything we talked about on stage at FX2017 will be coming to all Elite Dangerous: Horizons players for free.

    Beyond

    In 2018 we’re launching a series of updates called Beyond. In Quarter 1 and Quarter 4 we’ll have two larger content drops, and in between that there will be smaller updates that will also add new content, ships, and quality of life improvements.

    Beyond will focus on three things: narrative progression, enhancements and development of the core experience and adding new features and content to the game.

    I would just like to point out that 2.1 and 2.2 where in 2016, not 2017. Apart from that nit pick, I am really looking forward to the updates coming next year.

  10. #70
    Originally Posted by Phoenix_Dfire View Post (Source)
    We had Ed on the Lave Radio reaction broadcast. You could tell by his response that he's quite tired about all these 'number of ED Devs has been cut' rubbish that's been spouted. You look at what we're getting over the next year, that's a lot. There's no way they could produce that on a reduced team numbers. Lot of grumpy people over free stuff.
    Ed, if you're listening the majority of us are very much looking forward The Beyond! Tell the team we really appreciate all their hard work on this great game, and that goes for your work too!

    PS - Don't let the negative posters get you down - you can find them in ANY game forum

  11. #71
    ...isn't sure what's going on. Moderator T.j's Avatar
    Originally Posted by Greylock View Post (Source)
    Ed, if you're listening the majority of us are very much looking forward The Beyond! Tell the team we really appreciate all their hard work on this great game, and that goes for your work too!

    PS - Don't let the negative posters get you down - you can find them in ANY game forum
    Yep looking forward to it as well. :)

    There is cross game working, but that's always been the case with Frontier.

  12. #72
    Originally Posted by Greylock View Post (Source)
    Ed, if you're listening the majority of us are very much looking forward The Beyond! Tell the team we really appreciate all their hard work on this great game, and that goes for your work too!

    PS - Don't let the negative posters get you down - you can find them in ANY game forum
    +1 !

  13. #73
    Sorry if this has been said many times already, but I find the lack of any mention of atmospheric planetary landings very disappointing.

    I know this is a complex thing to implement, but I thought by now FD might be getting close to allowing landings on uninhabited atmospheric planets (and/or flying through the atmospheres of gas giants).

  14. #74
    I'm still in shock that all of this content will be free! That's a great gesture Frontier thank you.

    Can't wait to see what other new ships are coming :)

  15. #75
    Originally Posted by dannyboy View Post (Source)
    Sorry if this has been said many times already, but I find the lack of any mention of atmospheric planetary landings very disappointing.

    I know this is a complex thing to implement, but I thought by now FD might be getting close to allowing landings on uninhabited atmospheric planets (and/or flying through the atmospheres of gas giants).
    Firstly... thanks so much for the all your wonderful work and the free updates Frontier and ED developers (although I have the expansion pass). But I also was waiting with bated breath for mention of atmospheric planetary landings. Being able to land on a newly discovered Earth-like would be the pinnacle for me and maybe many others.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast