Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Frontier Expo 2017 Recap

Great Thread, Gutted to have missed the Expo this year. got to be another one next year? Thanks for the updates.. cant wait to see how 2.4 and beyond improves ED.. 07 commanders

Official FD highlights video ...

(new Buckyball race from 21 - 29 October : click banner for full race details)

Sounds good.

Is it a free update and if not do the life time expansion people get it for free ?

I mean the beyond stuff.

Originally Posted by Jason S View Post (Source)
    Sounds good.

Is it a free update and if not do the life time expansion people get it for free ?

I mean the beyond stuff.
    Beyond is free for Horizons and, of course, LEP owners.

Originally Posted by Jason S View Post (Source)
    Sounds good.

I mean the beyond stuff.
    2018 will consist of two things:
    1) Beyond, which is free for owners of Horizons or LEP.
    2) Unnamed paid content, which is free for LEP owners.

Originally Posted by Alec Turner View Post (Source)
    Official FD highlights video ...

https://youtu.be/n4kb-TQDr_4
    Hmmm spotted (?) i'm not so good with names:

0:43 - CMDR Falcon_JSDF entering
    0:47 - CMDR Mecha getting goody bag (cheers for the ticket again!)
    0:50 - Scott Manly
    1:31 - Adam Wood
    1:55 - Ed!
    1:57 - Sir DB OBE
    2:12 - Thargoid
    2:58 - space loach

Beards everywhere... ditto baldies ;)

Originally Posted by Stinja View Post (Source)
    Hmmm spotted (?) i'm not so good with names:

0:43 - CMDR Falcon_JSDF entering
    0:47 - CMDR Mecha getting goody bag (cheers for the ticket again!)
    0:50 - Scott Manly
    1:31 - Adam Wood
    1:55 - Ed!
    1:57 - Sir DB OBE
    2:12 - Thargoid
    2:58 - space loach

Beards everywhere... ditto baldies ;)
    You will also notice that a good portion of this facial hair is also ginger, an advanced Thargoid recon team maybe? trying to assimilate and blend in maybe? to hide in plane sight?

I hope the general improvements and work on "scenarios" includes some love for Conflict Zones. Would be great to see more variety and thematic CZs, e.g. attacking or defending a megaships (or a convoy of megaships and capital ships), fighting around the CQC assets, defending a base from Thargoids etc. We've already seen this a bit with the threat 5 Thargoid USSs, beautifully staged in a debris field and surrounded by wrecks. More of this please! Stations, megaships and CQC assets could add a huge amount to CZs visually, tactically and also to the narrative. Possibly even links to the BGS - e.g. if its an extraction economy CZs are more likely to spawn in ring systems/asteroid fields, if war breaks out in a system with a Cap ship dock can we fight over that?.... and then those Squadrons and fleet carriers can add loads more!
    Looking forward to it. Thanks for a great Expo FDev.

Squadrons and story

Also - will Squadrons give FDev greater visibility of what player groups are up to? If that was the case, it would be very cool to see more Galnet reports on bigger player events, especially the Thargoid War. We see it already with Cannon activity, Drew's awesome event and the CGs, but would be great to see headlines like: "A joint force of Hutton Truckers and Pixel Bandits have halted the Thyroid advance at Merope." "A Children of Raxxla offensive has forced Sirius Corp to retreat from Procyon" etc
    Would be very cool for ED to keep pioneering this sort participative storytelling.

FrontierExpo Buckyballs race results

Hey folks.

Did the race results get announced?

Originally Posted by cjkendo View Post (Source)
    Hey folks.

Did the race results get announced?
    Hiya, yes the final scoreboard can be found in the FX17 race thread over here ...

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...=1#post6014577

(new Buckyball race from 21 - 29 October : click banner for full race details)

Seriously, I get goose bumps when I read the list. Can't wait : - )

Originally Posted by A D View Post (Source)
    Seriously, I get goose bumps when I read the list. Can't wait : - )
    And that is not everything that is coming in 2018. There is also the paid for premium content (I am hoping for basic atmospheric planets or gas giants).

Boo, didn't make it into the recap video.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    My God, it's full of stars!

All this looks good. But it also shows how bare bone the original game was. I suppose that was intentional and difficult enough presumably. It seems mining, my favorite pass time, might become more interesting. To me, mining has always been the only proper job that might be considered a job. After all, bounty hunting, whoever in a realistic world (sim) would choose such a dangerous profession. Maybe I need to roleplay myself into thinking that all those never seen people aboard stations and on plants offset the large player base of people with this 'job'.
    As for exploration, never tried that because it sounded boring. Sorry, I cannot get excited by the prospect of a billion jumps just to get to see a black hole.

I do hope that All Things Navigation become more accessible. Missions to me have always seem vague. And it seems we are going to get some type of guild system with squadrons. That won't help me particularly cause I play solo. Top priority for me should be a better way to navigate on planets, not more eye candy. Just need 1 meta-alloys scares me to the point I don't wanna play the game because for me it is a huge project to find them. Even with all these documents online that supposedly make it easier to find stuff I find nothing on proposed locations. And I wonder if they even apply to solo play.

I did encounter a Thargoid a week ago, close to a sun not too far from Maia, looming over a destroyed boat of some type and I tried to intercept some cargo pod or escape pod but it got it before my limpet could get it. The aliens started to approach me so I backed off. But most of this stuff flies past me, alien ruins and barnacles...only found them once.

It is to much an effort to keep up with whats going on and it is hard enough to unlock an engineer or two. So mostly, for me, ED is a Project, not a game, in that it daunts me to even start it up.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789