Page 69 of 114 FirstFirst ... 5965666768697071727379 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1702

Thread: INRA Base Discoveries

Originally Posted by Keybuk View Post (Source)
    But also on the other hand, why would ED go out of its way to talk about the Vaccine if that wasn't important for the story?
    The Vaccine in ED - we don't yet know what happened to it do we - we know it was made, but not where it ended up. It might be that someone *just* gave the Thargoids the vaccine after rediscovering it recently... It might be that part of the plot is to uncover the old vaccine store and give it to the Thargoids now... it might that someone delivered it to the Thargoids 50 years ago and they went and used it to re-engineer themselves into a new Mycoid resistant species so we can't use it against them now... It could be literally anything.

And it's been "confirmed by knowledgeable parties" that the ship in Premonition is supposed to be the Argent's Quest…
    The ship in Premonition is only referred to by a broken nameplate that reads "something Quest". It's damaged, that would fit either the Turner's or Argents' Quest really.

In some versions of the story five Quest Class ships were made. Interested to know if it's 100% confirmed by Fdev that it's the Argent's Quest. Do you have a source for that? I had assumed it was Turner's to be honest.

I'm not sure it would alter anything we know, but it would be nice to know which ship(s) Fdev considers to have existed.

I would love to see the wreck for that somewhere!

Originally Posted by Moribus View Post (Source)
    The Vaccine in ED - we don't yet know what happened to it do we - we know it was made, but not where it ended up. It might be that someone *just* gave the Thargoids the vaccine after rediscovering it recently... It might be that part of the plot is to uncover the old vaccine store and give it to the Thargoids now... it might that someone delivered it to the Thargoids 50 years ago and they went and used it to re-engineer themselves into a new Mycoid resistant species so we can't use it against them now... It could be literally anything.

The ship in Premonition is only referred to by a broken nameplate that reads "something Quest". It's damaged, that would fit either the Turner's or Argents' Quest really.

In some versions of the story five Quest Class ships were made. Interested to know if it's 100% confirmed by Fdev that it's the Argent's Quest. Do you have a source for that? I had assumed it was Turner's to be honest.

I'm not sure it would alter anything we know, but it would be nice to know which ship(s) Fdev considers to have existed.

The hull of the Quest in Premonition is described as looking like it was dipped in acid. I would guess that is a hint that this particular Quest was damaged by Thargoids.

Something probably went wrong. Perhaps a failed attempt to do the INRA mission?

The Alliance should have given the job to my old Commander Baldric. He got thee job done.

Just found my old save game from JJFFE.

Originally Posted by Han_Zen View Post (Source)
    The hull of the Quest in Premonition is described as looking like it was dipped in acid. I would guess that is a hint that this particular Quest was damaged by Thargoids.

The Alliance should have given the job to my old Commander Baldric. He got thee job done.

Noice!

Originally Posted by Han_Zen View Post (Source)

That's what made me think Turners Quest, but yeah, I think if you refuse to help the Thargoids they destroyed you, so maybe that commander said no!

Lol Baldric. I guess one of his cunning plans finally worked out.

Anyone who has better game resolution than me might be able to get this pic further, but I manipulated it enough to say its possible that something is written under the blue stripe (orange here) but it is unlikely as most image manipulations do not show anything.
    At one point I thought i could make out something like IM?G-?43 in the middle of the text. But not sure.

Also this is totally something.
    I found it in the background "weathering texture" on a wall at the torture site, holding pen #2. I don't know that it's a clue per say, or just some general easter egg. This photo has been enhanced to show it off the best.

And lastly if someone has good resolution, they can try and check out the little screens at the keypad entry of the doors, better than half of them have something written on the screen, but it is too small for me to make anything out.

I too believed it was the Turner's Quest but I have been corrected by, and had it confirmed by, a source who would 100% know exactly which ship it was.

Perhaps a new lead? New California = Quiness System

Listening Post in Quiness

Karis System, found an unmarked Installation on the left NAV panel

Going through the logs....only found one so far and didn't give any message.

Source:

IMPERIAL SHIPS DESTROY THARGOID INSURGENTS

M.C.S

Ships transferred from the Second (Internal) Protectorate, in concert with a detachment of Federal Elite fighter pilots from Eta Cassiopoea, have successfully ambushed and destroyed a wing of mixed Thargoid and AIS Naval ships. In a carefully controlled action, a selected group of ships presented themselves to the enemy and then hyper spaced to safety leaving the remains of the attack wing to annihilate the opposition. The action took place on the outer reaches of the Western Rim and pilots are warned to avoid the area unless fully armed and travelling in groups of over a dozen ships.

Reports from other edge zones reveal similar successes for Imperial fighters but Naval Commanders warn that the Enemy are becoming increasingly aggressive and have begun to attack non-military convoys. Several Pirate galleons are known to have vanished from their usual hunting grounds and it is assumed that Thargoid attack ships are responsible.

In spite of the continued hostilities, His Excellency, the Seeker of Peace has dispatched His most senior advisors to New California (Quiness) to participate in the discussions taking place between those committed to peace in the Imperial and Federal Commands and those of AIS affiliation wishing to bring an alien-induced war to our Galaxy. It is His dearest wish that a way to peace may be found and He has instructed His diplomats to explore every avenue to secure safety for His people.

Those between the ranks of Lord and Viscount may now apply to their local Imperial Guard for personal safety equipment.

Logs:

Log 2 scan came up empty for me. No message in inbox. Couldn't find the Halley Terminal Installation in this system (Karis) but I was rushing. Could only find this unnamed installation.

... Mauxus...

Read this bug: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...Is-in-a-system

The Thargoid Scout has a POI marker.

The Thargoid Scout was found with the POI bug that showed ALL the POI's in the entire HIP 17125 SYSTEM accidentally.
    Are you sure about this bug ? or only players said that ?
    Cause the only thing about this bug on patch note was :
    Installations/POIs/USSs
    Fixed an issue whereby all Barnacles in a system would appear in the Navigation Panel after scanning just one

Apparently, this bug is only about the barnacles and not about the Thargoid scout ? or maybe just only about Thargoid things (ie. not human POI) ?

Not true.

While such things were planned, FFE as released actually had one working storyline - it wasn't possible to play through anything other than the scenario where you as the player met with the Thargoids, and agreed to get them the vaccine from the INRA facility on Hotice - and even that was difficult due to the bugs

Anything else we know we've gotten from reconstructing the code, reading mission texts, etc.

"Deleted scenes aren't canon" rule applies
    I don't think distinguishing between what is in FFE and works, what is in FFE but is buggy, and what was intended to be in FFE but wasn't completed, is at all useful. None of it is canon in ED until it appears in ED canon sources. Any of it could become canon in ED.

Originally Posted by Syleo View Post (Source)
    Are you sure about this bug ? or only players said that ?
    Cause the only thing about this bug on patch note was :
    Installations/POIs/USSs
    Fixed an issue whereby all Barnacles in a system would appear in the Navigation Panel after scanning just one

Apparently, this bug is only about the barnacles and not about the Thargoid scout ? or maybe just only about Thargoid things (ie. not human POI) ?
    Yes. Did you read the bug report and watch the video? "Scanning one POI in a system (Such as a Thargoid Barnacle, Thargoid Structure or a megaship with comms uplinks) will result in all POIs in that system being marked on your map. "

Just stopping by to say thanks for the coords - wasn't on for long this week but had a little time to pop past each of the locations to follow the story, with the help of the coords; nice being able to practically drop in right on top of the locations.

Yes. Did you read the bug report and watch the video? "Scanning one POI in a system (Such as a Thargoid Barnacle, Thargoid Structure or a megaship with comms uplinks) will result in all POIs in that system being marked on your map. "
    Yes i have read the bug report and the video has been delete so i prefer to ask if we are sure that this bug work on every POI or just barnacles or just thargoid POI
    If you are sure i trust you then ^^

Edit : i mean, a bug is a bug and maybe not ALL the POI are in the NAV PANEL and it was not corrected non-barnacles POI (patchnote concern only barnacles)

Originally Posted by Syleo View Post (Source)
    Yes i have read the bug report and the video has been delete so i prefer to ask if we are sure that this bug work on every POI or just barnacles or just thargoid POI
    If you are sure i trust you then ^^

Edit : i mean, a bug is a bug and maybe not ALL the POI are in the NAV PANEL and it was not corrected non-barnacles POI (patchnote concern only barnacles)
    I'm sure that the bug report says what it says (the video works fine for me and shows unseen POIs appearing in the nav panel). From many members of the community I've heard that many things were discovered with it. I'm not sure that it showed all things because the only way to know that would be to know what all the things are to show. What's clear is that it seemed to reveal all the previously unknown static POIs in the system.

it seems unlikely that the bug would be selective since it was used to discover the scout ship (which wasn't even being searched for), barnacles (in other system) and the like (it was used to check Merope for anything else we'd not found yet), so as sure as its possible to be without working at Fdev, I'm sure.