Page 80 of 114 FirstFirst ... 75787980818285 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1702

Thread: INRA Base Discoveries

Originally Posted by Kaltern View Post (Source)
    Damn, great work, that looked to be a pain to find.
    Probably the last time I am searching a planet of this size and especially since nothing worth finding (bases, barnacles...) are NOT shown as POI.

With all the POI's on that moon, and it's size, finding that was either extraordinary luck, or timer-generated (which would be pretty poor show IMO).

Either way, good job for even seeing it, it doesn't look a very big settlement.

As for a CG.. I don't think we'll get to use the drives, I suspect they'll be incompatible or something.

Originally Posted by Hazzu View Post (Source)
    Here it is... finally...

Some screenshots, no spoilers: https://imgur.com/a/rMNlY

great work!

Originally Posted by Hazzu View Post (Source)
    Here it is... finally...

Some screenshots, no spoilers: https://imgur.com/a/rMNlY

Awesome find !

So,

The ship that crashed during the test of the experimental drive, where is it ? I wonder if it could be the Cobra JJ 386 ?

yeah, you bet.. this will be a CG for sure to deliver materials to start building the new drives...

Originally Posted by Alex Ringess View Post (Source)
    So,

The ship that crashed during the test of the experimental drive, where is it ? I wonder if it could be the Cobra JJ 386 ?
    DIdn't they recover it? Or you think they just left it laying about minus body and prototype?

The information for the location to this base was found by Commander TSH84 when he discovered an unregistered relay. It looks like the bubble has been sown with markers to the Inra bases. Everyone should keep an eye out for these unregistered relays as the ones you see might be brand new in the bubble. They show up at 1000ls and under. If enough get found we might want to put together a list so commanders can check to see if its new or been discovered.

Just wondering if anyone noticed something about the location that this station is in .... ill post a picture in a few if its actually taken

Edit - the marker is where i am parked when outside the Base ....

Does this look familiar by any chance?

Well, it's possible there may be another marker somewhere with a location to a factory...perhaps.

But this smells of end-of-story - at least for the INRA bases.

The new logs relate to:

These new logs are from circa 3125-3150, concurrent with the Mycoid development.

This is before the 2B hyperdrive that replaced the Type 1 Quirium driven one. That came in at some point prior to 3200.

Is this about a new drive system entirely, or is the development of the 2b? Since that definitely looks like it created a wormhole, you can even see it.

Especially since the Engineer says "it didn't reappear for almost an hour" - we know the Type2b hyperdrive suffered time dilation.

So... the 2b was a Thargoid-Hybrid drive? Or is this some other drive entirely that never made it into production?

And what about Bill turner in Premonition saying FSD was reverse engineered from Thargoid technology?

Well, it's possible there may be another marker somewhere with a location to a factory...perhaps.

But this smells of end-of-story - at least for the INRA bases.
    DB did say something about "finding out what happened to INRA" was something still to discover. I'm pretty sure that was at FX17, or around that time. Can't find the vid now.

EDIT: OH, and we still need to find the Mycoid Vaccine store that was mentioned in the last base, where it was all moved to. The place that in FFE was on Hotice 1.

The hybrid drive talked about in the logs show that the thargoids use wormholes. This is new important stuff we didn't know what the hole that opened was when the thargoids leave. We can't get a wakescan because its not a wake of a hyperjump its the event horzon of a wormhole. Also the pilot they sent through came back well inverted. Think Summer in Rick and Mortys The Whirly Dirly Conspiracy so unless they fixed that I don't think we will be using the drives any time soon.

That last log reminds me of a section from the original Elite novella "The Dark Wheel"...
    Jump on your own through hyperspace, across more than half a light year, and you'll be lucky to
    make the same Universe, let alone your destination.
    You might emerge from Witch-Space turned inside out (which is not a pretty sight).
    You might be stretched in all the wrong angles, and although the ship keeps travelling, that jelly mass of broken bone and flesh inside the cabin is you.
    http://www.elitehomepage.org/dkwheel.htm

DIdn't they recover it? Or you think they just left it laying about minus body and prototype?
    The logs says that they found the ship in space adrift, but nothing was said about what they done with it. Maybe they left it, maybe they used it during a secret programm and finaly, they failed again and the ship crashed ? It is a lot of "maybe" I know ^^ But I thought about the Cobra jj 386 during my reading

Page 80 of 114 FirstFirst ... 75787980818285 ... LastLast