Page 83 of 114 FirstFirst ... 78818283848588 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1704

Thread: INRA Base Discoveries

Originally Posted by Thatchinho View Post (Source)
    Nice thanks. Totally forgot they reprinted that stuff from FFE

Well. In that case I'm sticking to my original idea that the new drive they're testing is the 2b, or what would become the 2b

Originally Posted by TSH84 View Post (Source)
    Found a new Unregistred comms Beacon in TEEGARDENīS STAR planet 2!

message reads

"secure inra risky move drive tech what choice ignoring everything conn a 3a secure"

new INRA base somwhere at planet A3A in CONN system.
    Nuts, I was just there the other day, must have missed the beacon!

Originally Posted by Moribus View Post (Source)
    Actually the key phrase is this bit:

"It took centuries for the complex series of monitoring satellites, branch lines, stop points, and rescue stations to be built using sublight technology along the major routes. "

If they had access to FTL that didn't need all that junk, they wouldn't need to take centuries to set up all that junk to travel FTL. They'd just travel FTL.

EDIT:
    We also know that the logs are from around 3150-ish when the war ended because they reference the Mycoid development. Type 0 was pre-3125 according to existing dating (assuming nothing had been retconned). and Type 2b was 3200ish, so it does fit much better with Type 2b timeline than Type 0.
    Originally Posted by Moribus View Post (Source)
    It sounds like the Type 0 has been retconned all that stuff was entirely from TDW anyway!

It makes a lot more sense that we went from STL to type 1 directly. I'm wondering if the stuff regarding Galcop and Quirium is lore.

To be honest, we might be looking at a retcon of type 2b entirely. Especially based on the new logs. What if we just had Type 1, then dabbled with type 2 (failed) and then recently upgraded to FSD?

Do you know if there's any official sources that mention the 2b drives?

Edit: can't rep you again so soon sadly.
    It sounds like the Mars Relic (mentioned in DJTruthsayer's stream) was what enabled FTL travel (after much experimentation). I figure it's the basis of what we now know as type 2b, but it was too unreliable* to be used to build the faraway jump network, or for first visit colonization targets. I wouldn't consider type 0 (Faraway network) to be retconned out.

So it seems to me like type 2b were maturing in usability at either the same time as Quirium (type 1) drives, or just after. My guess is the Quirium drives were partly reverse engineered from Thargoid technology, like the last piece to click into place. It doesn't take long for a technical concept to spread across an industry (whether trade secrets or not, some ideas just skip boundaries) and that enabled the 2b's development to fill the void of Quirium's collapse. I'm not certain how military drives fit. Maybe type 2a? Less efficient but higher overall performance....

Since the prevailing line is a Quirium trade secret was lost with Galcop, type 3 FSD (today) is probably a combination of all that was known of type 1 with ~100 years of modern developments thrown in (Highliner Antares being the first public test, though far too soon).

Drive tech in the logs is likely early type 3 work IMHO.

* DJTruthsayer interview with Michael Brookes

i dont belive the arguments that this has anything to do with our current FSD or the previous versions...
    Remember.. this was about wormhole travel.. we dont use that... the Thargoids do, but we dont...
    so.. most likely INRA and their successors never got it to work...
    but, it has been almost 200 years of technological advance.. and with our current knowledge about Thargoids maybe one of our current engineers can make it work..
    IF INRA would have gotten it to work, we would use a completely different type of FTL travel and especially long distance travel then we currently do... (aka Wormhole) but we dont... so, therefore i dont belive our current drives are connected to this research.
    our current tech could however be based of Thargoid normal space travel.. the sort they use when in system and not when they jump between systems. i dont think this is the end of this chain.. we have more links to find..

i dont belive the arguments that this has anything to do with our current FSD or the previous versions...
    Remember.. this was about wormhole travel.. we dont use that... the Thargoids do, but we dont...
    so.. most likely INRA and their successors never got it to work...
    but, it has been almost 200 years of technological advance.. and with our current knowledge about Thargoids maybe one of our current engineers can make it work..
    IF INRA would have gotten it to work, we would use a completely different type of FTL travel and especially long distance travel then we currently do... (aka Wormhole) but we dont... so, therefore i dont belive our current drives are connected to this research.
    our current tech could however be based of Thargoid normal space travel.. the sort they use when in system and not when they jump between systems. i dont think this is the end of this chain.. we have more links to find..
    The 2b used what looked like a wormhole, and it left a wormhole-looking cloud. That and the time dilation mentioned in the INRA base logs and experienced in the 2b drive match, as does the approximate timeline for development. It could of course just be a difference in graphics and it was never meant to be a wormhole.

As I've said before I personally think that the Type 3 (fsd) is a development of the type 1 with upgrades, science knowledge and time improving on the original design and removing the need for Quirium. The type 2 functions very differently and so I think it's a different technology.

It might not be the same, and it might indeed lead to some new sort of drive, but my feeling is that these bases are filling in some backstory right now. Whether later on that will lead to a new drive, who knows, it would be interesting

Merope 5c

So visited a Barnacle on Merope 5 c and it had skimmers and trespassing warning. Now wanted and have fines. so question is, why would the Sirius Mining Corp be protecting them? seeing as all evidence from the thargoid plot points to this body.

I assume there wasn't a POI overlapping them for some reason?

Originally Posted by Kaltern View Post (Source)
    I assume there wasn't a POI overlapping them for some reason?
    No POI showed up on the scanner.

Any thoughts about the fact that the Unregistred comms beacon was found just around 12Ly from Sol?
    does that indicate anything?
    can we get any new clues or theories from this latest find?
    something pointing us in any direction? or should we just sit tight and wait if something shows up on Galnet?

Any thoughts about the fact that the Unregistred comms beacon was found just around 12Ly from Sol?
    does that indicate anything?
    can we get any new clues or theories from this latest find?
    something pointing us in any direction? or should we just sit tight and wait if something shows up on Galnet?
    I've been considering Listening Post beacons. I think there have been 3 or 4 development phases. The early ones, from Galcop days, seem to be quite short range from launch point (say 20ly off top of my head) from Sol/Lave. The next (still Galcop era, like the Jotunheim LP pointing to Sarasvati) were more like 150-200 ly range. Then ~ 600ly range (possibly centred on Sirius), & some seem to be around 1000ly range. I'm assuming some were placed manually (e.g. Colonia) but have no evidence & assume the majority are long distance probes (e.g.https://community.elitedangerous.com...57ba7153edfc13). So if you want to find INRA-related stuff the relevant LPs are likely to be within a short range of Lave (former GalCop headquarters).

Originally Posted by CMDR_WaynesCraft View Post (Source)
    So visited a Barnacle on Merope 5 c and it had skimmers and trespassing warning. Now wanted and have fines. so question is, why would the Sirius Mining Corp be protecting them? seeing as all evidence from the thargoid plot points to this body.
    Most barneys sem to have been "protected" since the Feds and Imps took over the Pleiades. Now they've pulled out the commercial scavengers have moved in-MAs are valuable.

So. Starting from Lave checking all systems within say 30Ly and then extend outwards could be a good start?

So. Starting from Lave checking all systems within say 30Ly and then extend outwards could be a good start?
    I'm yet to visit Lave, reckon I might pop over and have a search around some local systems, theory seems pretty good to me!

damnit...

when i stumbled onto the beacon i was not interested in doing any of the comuinity stuff in elite at all...
    but now i feel im getting sucked in... i feel an urge to uncover the history in Elite.. and find out what the hell REALLY happened... so much we know is from altered sources of history..

im going to start researching what the hell happened to Galcop andd what they where up to... and what they had to do with INRA... what the Feds, Imperials and Alliance have to do with everything.. and possibly.. what happened during the last Thargoid war..

but my first start is to start researching Galcop...
    is anyone up for helping me? i need research materials, text to read up on and all stuff like that...
    ingame i will head fo Lave and start there.... starting from the heart of Galcop...

Canonn Discord is trying to arrange a sweep of all the systems within 200 Ly of Sol to find new stuff if you want to contribute.

Form to submit: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...CoyLg/viewform
    List of systems: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...3HevHw4RuZ1UA/

I think the idea is to check all bodies in a system for stuff, rather than just hit the star, though the form / sheet don't make that clear. Anyway, if you did want to report via that I'm sure it would be appreciated.

damnit...

when i stumbled onto the beacon i was not interested in doing any of the comuinity stuff in elite at all...
    but now i feel im getting sucked in... i feel an urge to uncover the history in Elite.. and find out what the hell REALLY happened... so much we know is from altered sources of history..

im going to start researching what the hell happened to Galcop andd what they where up to... and what they had to do with INRA... what the Feds, Imperials and Alliance have to do with everything.. and possibly.. what happened during the last Thargoid war..

but my first start is to start researching Galcop...
    is anyone up for helping me? i need research materials, text to read up on and all stuff like that...
    ingame i will head fo Lave and start there.... starting from the heart of Galcop...
    After Lave you might want to look at the GCS Sarasvati (if you haven't already) - it mentions Galcop: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...okout-megaship

Page 83 of 114 FirstFirst ... 78818283848588 ... LastLast